The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Why were some people so sure about *Spoilers* death? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55720)

WolvDragon 06-28-2016 01:38 PM

Why were some people so sure about *Spoilers* death?

Spoilers for season 3 finale and all of season 4 just incase. I also avoided giving his name in the title just to be safe. Any way.

I been reading past topics on this forum for a while now, and I seen some members on this forum openly stating Splinter will be killed off again by Shredder when the turtles return to Earth to stop the Triceratons. Even when we were giving gif's of Earth's Last Stand of Splinter preventing Shredder from stabbing his chest, some people here still thought he had a chance to die again in that episode.

I wonder why would the writers purposely kill off Splinter again after all the trouble the Turtles went through to prevent the Triceratons from destroying Earth, and prevent his death?

Now I can see an argument where he might die in a future episode. Maybe in another one on one fight with Shredder where Shredder doesn't get the drop on him like he did in Annihilation: Earth. You know a fairer fight. Sure that'll make more sense. But to kill off Splinter now after all that trouble the Turtles went through in space?

Plus who would teach them ninjutsu? Who'll prepare them to fight against Shredder and his minions? I think someone mentioned Leo taking over as a possibility, but he's still inexperienced compared to Master Splinter and Shredder. I just don't see them killing Splinter off like that. Especially when he's one of the central characters on the show.

So yeah my question is basically is this. To those who thought Splinter will die for good in Earth's Last Stand, what made you so sure?

Powder 06-28-2016 02:33 PM

TMNT's motto has always been Life At Best Is Bittersweet. Bad things happen, a lot. You come to expect the worst when it seems unexpected.

victory_angel 06-28-2016 02:50 PM

The Turtles are growing up and sometimes growing up means losing people who matter to you like a parent for example.

This is why certain characters have to lose a father figure/mother figure/ or someone really important in order to make the issue more personal so that they tap into resolves that make them stronger then before.

Donnie/April/Raph/and Mikey have endured Splinter dying twice. Once when he supposedly died, and the other when he literally died.

And a majority of them would not be able to handle a third time. Litteral or supposed. Donnie for certain couldn't handle seeing a brother or loved one in near death conditions either, particularly if he is responsible for it.

Leo's only seen the literal death of Splinter and we have seen how that has affected him. Particularly when there is the chance to go back and prevent it.

ABrown 06-28-2016 03:08 PM

I have a very tough time believing that any teen or adult on this site truly believed that the events weren't going to be undone. I could understand a 6, 7, 8 year old child not knowing. But not a teen or adult.

Powder 06-28-2016 03:16 PM

The show has edge. Body horror, decent violence, suggestive humor, it was perfectly reasonable to think there may be a chance that they would kill him off officially. Ciro wanted to start the series off with Splinter dead, so the notion of his passing was obviously a significant one to his creative vision, at least at one point. Pairing that with the fact Splinter had a canon death in Mirage it most definitely sets a precedence. Don't insult our intelligence, poop-head.

Jester 06-28-2016 04:05 PM

9 whole posts and one was (I removed it, and the follow ups) was a pointless rage at another member...keep it on point Wolvie. No need fo berserker rages.

TMNTInsighter 06-28-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolvDragon (Post 1596403)
Spoilers for season 3 finale and all of season 4 just incase. I also avoided giving his name in the title just to be safe. Any way.

I been reading past topics on this forum for a while now, and I seen some members on this forum openly stating Splinter will be killed off again by Shredder when the turtles return to Earth to stop the Triceratons. Even when we were giving gif's of Earth's Last Stand of Splinter preventing Shredder from stabbing his chest, some people here still thought he had a chance to die again in that episode.

I wonder why would the writers purposely kill off Splinter again after all the trouble the Turtles went through to prevent the Triceratons from destroying Earth, and prevent his death?

Now I can see an argument where he might die in a future episode. Maybe in another one on one fight with Shredder where Shredder doesn't get the drop on him like he did in Annihilation: Earth. You know a fairer fight. Sure that'll make more sense. But to kill off Splinter now after all that trouble the Turtles went through in space?

Plus who would teach them ninjutsu? Who'll prepare them to fight against Shredder and his minions? I think someone mentioned Leo taking over as a possibility, but he's still inexperienced compared to Master Splinter and Shredder. I just don't see them killing Splinter off like that. Especially when he's one of the central characters on the show.

So yeah my question is basically is this. To those who thought Splinter will die for good in Earth's Last Stand, what made you so sure?

You're right Wolv. I still have no idea how others could've thought it was going to happen because, first of all things can't end that way. The earth couldn't be destroyed and neither could Splinter and it would've been unfair if everyone came back alive and well and he didn't. It also wouldn't have made any sense because there's more to tell. I think it was just wishful thinking on their part to raise some kind of bar even though AE gave us what we needed. I also don't buy peoples' claims about Ciro wanting to kill off Splinter--again I think it's just manufactured wish making and it's a load of garbage.

Powder 06-28-2016 05:40 PM

He said it in an interview, you dingus. I think it was Andrew's podcast.

Unlike some people here, I don't just spew BS.

Jester 06-28-2016 06:28 PM

It's legit. Not sure where it was mentioned, but Splinter was originally pitched to only appear in flash back. But Nick vetoed that idea.

TMNTInsighter 06-28-2016 07:51 PM

Say whatever you will or fall for any source that you want, but him being around all this series and still kicking says otherwise. But if you insist that Ciro was saying this all along, then he's full of garbage too.

Powder 06-28-2016 07:55 PM

"Fall for any source you want"

Guess I'm a big dumb idiot for believing the words that came directly from his mouth in a podcast (which for those unaware is an audio based medium)!

The point I made was that he wanted to start the series with him dead. He was obviously not able to, but that set a precedent which gave credence to the idea that he still wanted to see what kind of effect that loss would have on the series & it's characters. His desire to kill him off was seeded ages ago.

You know where to shove the attitude, kid.

TMNTInsighter 06-28-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1596547)

Guess I'm a big dumb idiot for believing the words that came directly from his mouth in podcast, which for those unaware is an audio based medium.

The point I made was that he wanted to start the series with him dead. He was not able to. But that set a precedent which gave credence to the idea that he still wanted to see what kind of effect that loss would have on the series & it's characters.

Like I said, if that's the case, then he's full of garbage too.

Powder 06-28-2016 07:59 PM

Reading comprehension, buddy.

He never said he was going to kill Splinter in season 4. I never wrote that he said that, either. What I'm saying, for the billionth time, is that his original plan is what made those of us fear for Splinter during the space arc. A perfectly reasonable hypothesis.

:trolleye:

It's bad enough I have to deal with you South Carolinians in person every day, I can't catch a break online either.

victory_angel 06-28-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1596547)

Guess I'm a big dumb idiot for believing the words that came directly from his mouth in podcast, which for those unaware is an audio based medium.

The point I made was that he wanted to start the series with him dead. He was not able to. But that set a precedent which gave credence to the idea that he still wanted to see what kind of effect that loss would have on the series & it's characters.

Exactly Ciro's original vision for the series was that Splinter had just passed on at least a few days prior to the beginning of the show. Confused over what they should do following the death of their Sensei they travel to the surface and meet April. And she becomes the surrogate thing they cling to. This isn't to say Splinter wouldn't be present in their lives, he would be...but only through their memories and visions.

Nick studios rejected the idea because they felt that where ever Splinter was, was home.

Ciro also commented in an interview alongside Rob Paulsen at comic con last year that Splinter and the Turtles are characters that live by the sword and die by the sword and to not show the consequences of that is rather inappropriate in his mind.

The whole save the earth and prevent Splinter's death felt like a best possible outcome, which isn't the most obtainable goal. So yes it could have been plausible for Splinter to die at the Shredder's hand but the Turtles still stop the earth from being destroyed. And even though they won, there would be a huge sense of loss as well which would make the victory rather hollow.

And even if Splinter had died there would still be ways to bring him back by having the Turtles flashback to what he has taught them, have him appear to them in deams, or visions. So on and so forth.

Shark_Blade 06-28-2016 08:08 PM

He most likely won't die.

TMNTInsighter 06-28-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1596550)
Reading comprehension, buddy.

He never said he was going to kill Splinter in season 4. I never wrote that he said that, either. What I'm saying, for the billionth time, is that his original plan is what made those of us fear for Splinter during the space arc. A perfectly reasonable hypothesis.

:trolleye:

It's bad enough I have to deal with you South Carolinians in person every day, I can't catch a break online either.

POWDER! WAKE UP!
This is not a show where people can just be killed off (with the exception of Tang Shen being this series'/franchise's Uncle Ben) and Ciro knows full well...as should anyone else! Anything around those lines said by Ciro or some wishful fans can't be accepted as gospel truth! And yet I had to sit and read throughout all that time between AE and Season 4a about all this fan-circulated BS?! THAT IS A JOKE AND SO ARE YOU! "It's bad enough I have to deal with you South Carolinians in person every day, I can't catch a break online either." PFFFT! GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK! IF YOU'RE IMPLYING THAT YOU LIVE IN SC TOO, LET'S EXCHANGE ADDRESSES SO WE CAN START THROWING DOWN BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE ASKING FOR!

Powder 06-28-2016 08:15 PM

I can see you're still completely misunderstanding the conversation being had here, so I'm gonna stop wasting my "breath".

& I'm not going to fight an emotionally disturbed person from an internet forum, brah. You serious? :tlol:

TMNTInsighter 06-28-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1596558)
I can see you're still completely misunderstanding the conversation being had here, so I'm gonna stop wasting my "breath".

& I'm not going to fight an emotionally disturbed person from an internet forum, brah. You serious?

You were asking for it, not me. I was just stating facts while you just blabbered like an idiot and then tried to put the shoe on the other foot. Pffft!

Powder 06-28-2016 08:21 PM

Asking for what? You want to bring me physical harm because you fail to comprehend the sound logic based in facts that I presented as an answer to the question this thread poses?

You are clearly the more rational person here. :trolleye:

This is the second time today someone in this thread has completely lost their mind at me. I really don't understand you guys. :tlol:

TMNTInsighter 06-28-2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1596558)

Now you're a hypocrite. :tlol: