The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

Jester 11-15-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1022404)
So... do they even bother to give the disks any sort of protection? A cheap plastic slip or something?

Um...there's a styrofoam buffer at the top of the van. :P

TheSkeletonMan939 11-15-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1022406)
Um...there's a styrofoam buffer at the top of the van. :P

I just don't understand how a company could be so incredibly cheap in their DVD releases... it's why I try to stay away from US releases from Warner Bros.

GodzFire 11-15-2012 08:12 PM

Lionsgate is the one who completely pissed on the TMNT releases, not Warner (unless you were just referencing them in general).

CyberCubed 11-15-2012 08:56 PM

Perhaps now that Lionsgate is probably done with TMNT DVDs, hopefully they sell the series to Nick around next year or so after this set is discontinued.

Makes me wonder what Nick would do with it.

nelodiavolo 11-16-2012 01:19 AM

Well, I just opened my set and to be honest I think the van holds the discs pretty well.

There is soft green foam that each disc slides into as well as grey foam on the roof top that helps keep them pretty snug. None of the discs where touching. Granted, if you were to drop the thing, or tilt it, then everything would fall out.

My set was shipped via Amazon and all my discs are mint. Just throwing that out there.

Jephael 11-16-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1022455)
Perhaps now that Lionsgate is probably done with TMNT DVDs, hopefully they sell the series to Nick around next year or so after this set is discontinued.

Makes me wonder what Nick would do with it.

Maybe Viacom will put it on Blu-Ray at some point. That'd be cool!

TheCanadiandrome 11-16-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelodiavolo (Post 1022499)
Well, I just opened my set and to be honest I think the van holds the discs pretty well.

There is soft green foam that each disc slides into as well as grey foam on the roof top that helps keep them pretty snug. None of the discs where touching. Granted, if you were to drop the thing, or tilt it, then everything would fall out.

My set was shipped via Amazon and all my discs are mint. Just throwing that out there.

Same with mine being from Amazon. Course I've not opened mine nor do I plan on doing so

The Stryker 11-16-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1022558)
Maybe Viacom will put it on Blu-Ray at some point. That'd be cool!

What would blu-ray possibly do for this show besides lower the disc amount?

Picture quality ain't getting no better.

TheCanadiandrome 11-16-2012 03:12 PM

That I can agree on. Plus, and I say this in honor or Cybercubed, now that the OT got a complete series release, leave it alone and move on to the 4Kids series

TheSkeletonMan939 11-16-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodzFire (Post 1022445)
Lionsgate is the one who completely pissed on the TMNT releases, not Warner (unless you were just referencing them in general).

Warner in general. Their releases are atrocious.

dkram230 11-16-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1022663)
Same with mine being from Amazon. Course I've not opened mine nor do I plan on doing so

My amazon pre order set came today and the artwork on the box is awesome so I'm torn on if I want to open it or not. Anyone else not taking it out of the box? I have Volumes 1-5 and seasons 8-10. So I'm missing roughly the middle half of the series that I would still need to buy if I don't open it.

Yep It's A Trap 11-16-2012 04:05 PM

whine, whine, whine. It's just a cartoon set of DVD's. I'm very pleased with mine. I had them shipped and everything arrived Mint. They will display nicely in my son's room on a shelf. I'm happy.

Storm Eagle 11-17-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelodiavolo (Post 1022499)

We've seen the gray foam in the inside of the top cover, but can you show a picture of the disc grooves with the green foam in them?

gobo 11-17-2012 03:59 PM

Got mine today. Plan to keep it MiB

LeoNerdo 11-17-2012 04:21 PM

I wish it had a spring-loaded turtle launcher in the back that could shoot the discs out through the roof. To what purpose? ..idk :trazz:

oldmanwinters 11-17-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoNerdo (Post 1023028)
I wish it had a spring-loaded turtle launcher in the back that could shoot the discs out through the roof. To what purpose? ..idk :trazz:

I like that idea. It would be the awesome disc dispenser device in DVD packaging history!

TheCanadiandrome 11-17-2012 05:01 PM

Still would've preferred a Technodrome lol :P

gobo 11-17-2012 05:20 PM

Quit sucking up to Krang, eh. :P

TheCanadiandrome 11-17-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIP, gobo (Post 1023063)
Quit sucking up to Krang, eh. :P

No....never... :P :lol: :D

nelodiavolo 11-17-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1023019)
We've seen the gray foam in the inside of the top cover, but can you show a picture of the disc grooves with the green foam in them?

Sure, I'll try and get one up later today if no one else beats me to it.:D

Edit:

OK I took a few. I'm no photographer though.:tlol: Anyway, you can kind of see that the discs are fairly spread apart. The green foam is pretty sturdy, but it's possible that it will loosen over time. I'd just be careful when removing and storing them.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...Tboxset009.jpg

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...Tboxset008.jpg

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...Tboxset007.jpg