The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What Episode was That From?" Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

oldmanwinters 10-28-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaucelm (Post 1513578)
In which episode does Donatello try to join a college, but his name is taken as "Donna Tello" and they believe him to be a girl, so he asks Irma to go in his place? (I think?)

Donatello's Degree! I remember that one was unique on account of the fact that they actually used a banner in the background with the actual year's date on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaucelm (Post 1513578)
There was also an episode where a kid invented a machine that made the Earth move closer to the sun, which resulted in... snow melting, wax statues melting and corn fields turning into popcorn. Anyone know which one it is?

Thank you.

Too Hot to Handle! That was Vernon's annoying nephew Foster Fenwick.

Gaucelm 10-30-2015 07:00 AM

Ah, thank you!

Do you know which episode is where Michaelangelo is hypnotized by Splinter so that he hates pizza? (because he ate all of it in the beginning and that's his punishment)

And which one where the Turtles' fridge is completely frozen in ice, so they decide to "attack" the ice several times by screaming "Cowabunga" and using their weapons, as if it was an enemy?

And which episode where Raphael is forced by a villain to tell jokes on the radio, so that the people in the city keep laughing?

Thanks!

cammy85 10-30-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaucelm (Post 1514193)
Ah, thank you!

Do you know which episode is where Michaelangelo is hypnotized by Splinter so that he hates pizza? (because he ate all of it in the beginning and that's his punishment)

And which one where the Turtles' fridge is completely frozen in ice, so they decide to "attack" the ice several times by screaming "Cowabunga" and using their weapons, as if it was an enemy?

And which episode where Raphael is forced by a villain to tell jokes on the radio, so that the people in the city keep laughing?

Thanks!

You bet!! The first is "Cowabunga Shredhead", where Shredder and Krang attempt to clone Michaelangelo to infiltrate the lair. But thanks to Bebop and Rocksteady, it goes wrong and Shredder thinks he's Michaelangelo. :) One of the only episodes to feature Splinter's mind control ability.

The second is "The Ice Creature Cometh" from Season 5 where they accidentally create an ice monster in the Arctic and unleash him on the city while Shredder steals thermal explosives to try and free the Technodrome.

The third is "Raphael Knocks Em Dead" in Season 4 where Raph is obsessed with stand up comedy thanks to a new satellite TV hookup then gets tangled up in a comedian-napping scheme and has to stop Pinky McFingers and Baxter's brother from turning everyone into helpless laughing victims.

Gaucelm 10-30-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammy85 (Post 1514208)
You bet!! The first is "Cowabunga Shredhead", where Shredder and Krang attempt to clone Michaelangelo to infiltrate the lair. But thanks to Bebop and Rocksteady, it goes wrong and Shredder thinks he's Michaelangelo. :) One of the only episodes to feature Splinter's mind control ability.

That was the same episode?? Wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammy85 (Post 1514208)
One of the only episodes to feature Splinter's mind control ability.

Kinda like that Red Sky episode where Krang shows he has mind control powers? That he never used before?

Anyway, thank you very much!

Oh! One last question:
What episode was it where the Turtles fight a little guy who dresses up as Shredder and tries to attack them with bug sprays? Forgot this guy's name.

cammy85 10-30-2015 02:08 PM

Yup!! Splinter's ability makes sense as you have to strengthen the mind to strengthen your body. Concentration is the key!!

Krang's ability only worked on those with limited brain power. Bebop and Rocksteady were smarter (if that's possible) that Dregg's Batmen which is why it worked on him.

That episode is Michaelangelo Meets Bugman again. The villain's name is the Swatter, a fake villain made solely to lure the Turtles in and discover their secret identities. Yet the already knew Bugman's identity and wanted a piece of him too. One thing I found oddly hilarious was that the others laughed when they discovered the Swatter was a cheap ripoff of Shredder but Michaelangelo wasn't laughing. If anything, he should've been the most amused of all.

Gaucelm 11-02-2015 07:40 AM

Thank you again! (am I the only one who'd like Swatter as a mid-level boss in a TMNT action game?)

Oh, I have another one!

Would you know which episode that has:
Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady have to wait around in the city (because of some plan I think). So, Bebop and Rocksteady ask Shredder:
"What should we do in the meantime, boss?"
Shredder hesitates and says "Well, uh... I don't know... how about you, like, go get some fuel for the technodrome?"
"Sure boss!"
Bebop and Rocksteady try to rob some fuel from gas stations, but they discover on TV that a scientist has invented a superfuel.
So they decide to steal it, but the Turtles discover what happens, and they intervene, passing around the test tube containing the superfuel.

I liked this part because the villains are shown doing some smaller scale, trivial thing. This is the kind of stuff that makes characters likeable to me.

cammy85 11-02-2015 10:13 AM

I just watched that one!! :) "Usagi Come Home" from late Season 3. Shredder and co. kidnap Obento, Usagi's surrogate father; then challenged Usagi to a rigged duel Using a magnet, Usagi's sword is pinned to the wall, costing him the duel. In exchange, Shredder sics him on the Turtles. While they wait, Bebop and Rocksteady suggest trying to steal fuel for the Technodrome.

Gaucelm 11-02-2015 10:52 AM

Thank you!

It's weird, because my mind had completely disconnected this plot line from the episode! Was it one with a "halfway plot switch"?

*Do you know which episode had some kind of interdimensional dinosaur who multiplied when it ate fibers? Who also loved chocolate bars?
There was a Turtle who managed to have enough autority to order them around, like how eating minerals in a museum was baaad.
Apparently, the dinosaur eating chocolate made him fusion back into one single giant dinosaur. The Turtles used a giant chocolate bar that was used for a TV ad (even as a kid, I was wondering why giant candy props always seemed to be real candy, like how toy cars worked like real cars for small creatures to drive).
So in the end, the Turtles make him eat a mineral that makes him disappear for good. It swallowed the top spike of a skyscraper.

Man, now that I write this, I realize how crazy some of the episodes were.

*There was also an episode where there was an old CEO who had to use a hearing device, which prevented him from being hypnotized by villains. I remember there was some flooding in his building, and in the end he was talking about how his works will benefit people of all colors.
"Even green?" ask the Turtles.
"Even green." he confirms.

Would you know which one it was? Thanks.

CyberCubed 11-02-2015 10:58 AM

That episode was, "The Big Zipp attack" from Season 4.

oldmanwinters 11-02-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaucelm (Post 1515632)
*There was also an episode where there was an old CEO who had to use a hearing device, which prevented him from being hypnotized by villains. I remember there was some flooding in his building, and in the end he was talking about how his works will benefit people of all colors.
"Even green?" ask the Turtles.
"Even green." he confirms.

I think that guy you're thinking of was Octavius Ogilvy of Octopus Inc. in the episode "Corporate Raiders from Dimension X." A classic!

Gaucelm 11-02-2015 03:25 PM

Thank you very much! :tgrin:

IronBoomer 11-08-2015 05:53 PM

I'm trying to find an episode where April gets tired of whatever villain's taken her this time, and lobs a few ninja moves of her own, prompting Raphael (only turtle around) to comment, "Where did you learn crazy ninja moves like that?"
April replies something to the effect, "When you've been in as many episodes as I have, you start picking it up."

cammy85 11-08-2015 06:02 PM

Raphael, Turtle of a Thousand Faces in Season 5. The villain was the classic Mad Dog McMutt. :)

Etsyturtle2 11-19-2015 06:58 PM

What was the season seven episode where splinter shows the turtles the art that their namesake artists produced?

Icebot 11-19-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 (Post 1520548)
What was the season seven episode where splinter shows the turtles the art that their namesake artists produced?

I believe it was Artless.

Etsyturtle2 11-20-2015 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1520550)

Thanks! I have been looking for the title for a while now.

oldmanwinters 11-20-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1520550)

To quote DrSpengler, "Hey, now no one can ever say that Jesus hasn’t appeared in a TMNT cartoon."
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...part-1-review/

OrangeNinja1987 11-20-2015 08:22 PM

What episode was it when the turtles going to fight Shredder in front of the World Trade Center but decided they couldn't because they didn't want to damage a national landmark?
I found that scene depressingly ironic, but I can't remember what episode it was in.

CyberCubed 11-20-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 (Post 1520720)
What episode was it when the turtles going to fight Shredder in front of the World Trade Center but decided they couldn't because they didn't want to damage a national landmark?
I found that scene depressingly ironic, but I can't remember what episode it was in.

The world trade center is in the Season 3 finale eps.

Icebot 11-21-2015 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 (Post 1520720)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1520730)
The world trade center is in the Season 3 finale eps.

Actually, the episode is Enter The Fly. The World Trade Center was also in Enter The Fly but that's not the landmark the turtles were afraid of damaging.

OrangeNinja1987 11-21-2015 09:18 PM

I remember the scene. The turtles were standing in front of the building and Leo said,"We can't fight here! This is a national landmark," or something to that affect.
I haven't been able to remember what episode it is for quite a while, but I'll see if the suggestions given are right.

oldmanwinters 11-22-2015 05:58 AM

Kind of ironic when you think about the fact that the Turtles never took a U.S. national tour in the old show despite touring Europe for a half-season.

I would have loved to see an episode take place in Philadelphia (liberty bell, Independence Hall) or the wild west.

Lisardo 03-19-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 (Post 1520964)
I remember the scene. The turtles were standing in front of the building and Leo said,"We can't fight here! This is a national landmark," or something to that affect.
I haven't been able to remember what episode it is for quite a while, but I'll see if the suggestions given are right.

The episode you're referring to is from a S2 episode, "Enter The Fly". I dunno what building in particular they were referring too (didn't look anything special to me). That remark did seem kind of out of place (random), and some weird excuse to not fight. Like a defeatist attitude.

MsMarvelDuckie 06-17-2016 10:51 PM

Trying to remember which episode the Neutrinos were brainwashed in. I need to know for research for a fic. Krang had them all strapped down to some machine that altered their minds. Anyone know which ep that was? I know it was one of the early appearances but can't find it.

Jephael 06-17-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1593109)
Trying to remember which episode the Neutrinos were brainwashed in. I need to know for research for a fic. Krang had them all strapped down to some machine that altered their minds. Anyone know which ep that was? I know it was one of the early appearances but can't find it.

That was the season 7 episode "Attack of the Neutrinos"
Cool ep, though sadly it was the last we ever saw of those guys... :tconfuse:

MsMarvelDuckie 06-18-2016 02:11 PM

Ah thank you! I was beginning to think it wasn't in my collection! I have seasons 1-3 and 7-10. Missing 4-6 so I was afraid I might have to youtube it.

thundermaster612 06-18-2016 05:08 PM

Ok, so this is a 2k3 series episode I'm pretty sure. I think there was one episode where there were multiple turtles all with different color masks and I remember this one scene where Leo walks into the lair and they all start popping out of random places. It was either I was tripping when I was younger or its an actual episode. Can someone help me out?

Powder 06-18-2016 05:10 PM

What the heck? :tlol: That one doesn't ring a bell for me personally...

thundermaster612 06-18-2016 05:13 PM

Well some other things I remembered was that it was Leo's birthday in the episode, and that one turtle popped up from the couch, 2 from the ceiling, one from next to the couch, one in the kitchen (with a cake) and another on top of a pipe. Note that I said it MIGHT be a 2k3 episode, it could be something else BUT I KNOW ITS TMNT.

oldmanwinters 06-18-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundermaster612 (Post 1593311)
Ok, so this is a 2k3 series episode I'm pretty sure. I think there was one episode where there were multiple turtles all with different color masks and I remember this one scene where Leo walks into the lair and they all start popping out of random places. It was either I was tripping when I was younger or its an actual episode. Can someone help me out?

Multiple turtles came about in a Fast Forward episode... one with the fight against giant Viral, I think.

thundermaster612 06-18-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1593326)
Came about in a Fast Forward episode... one with Viral.

Could you be a bit more specific? there are a few episodes with Viral

oldmanwinters 06-18-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundermaster612 (Post 1593328)
Could you be a bit more specific? there are a few episodes with Viral

The one with the fight against giant Viral, I think.

EDIT: The Gaminator!

thundermaster612 06-18-2016 06:22 PM

Well I found a pic from the episode but I still can't find its name, anyone else know what it is? I might just go ahead and watch the 6 episodes I haven't seen that she's in. Not that I'm complaining CAUSE ITS TMNT!

but seriously does anyone have the name?

Icebot 06-18-2016 06:56 PM

Don't know if this will help but it might be Home Invasion, the third Fast Forward episode. I know in that one, Leo practices his ninja skills and I believe the lair was shown once.

Viral was also in that one.

thundermaster612 06-18-2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1593355)
Don't know if this will help but it might be Home Invasion, the third Fast Forward episode. I know in that one, Leo practices his ninja skills and I believe the lair was shown once.

Viral was also in that one.

That is one of the FF episodes I remember the most. It was Viral's debut and I don't think that was it, but I'll skim through the episode and see if it is that in case I'm missing something
(EDIT: NVM Thanks Winters)

oldmanwinters 06-18-2016 07:47 PM

The Gaminator was a fun one, I thought. Extra life Mikeys were even more insufferable than genuine Mikey. Some people suffer PTSD. 4Kids Mikey suffered post-season 5 disorder.

thundermaster612 06-19-2016 10:57 AM

So I watched the episode and it wasn't what I meant. The episode I saw had other mutant turtles that looked like the guy's with different colored masks and it took place in the lair (the one before FF happened). Note the part about Leo's birthday. I swear this is an episode.

Icebot 06-19-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundermaster612 (Post 1593606)
So I watched the episode and it wasn't what I meant. The episode I saw had other mutant turtles that looked like the guy's with different colored masks and it took place in the lair (the one before FF happened). Note the part about Leo's birthday. I swear this is an episode.

I don't recall Leonardo celebrating his birthday in the 2003 series but the episode could be Big Brawl part 1 (the first Battle Nexus episode). In that one, the turtles did fight some guys who were supposed to fight 4 other guys who looked like the turtles, that wasn't in the lair though. Splinter ordered the turtles to stay in the lair but they disobeyed him and I think Leonardo was in charge. I'm just guessing but maybe the turtles were joking about Leonardo's birthday?

There are also the Dark Turtles but that's not till Fast Forward.

oldmanwinters 06-23-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundermaster612 (Post 1593606)

Your memories can only be explained by "The Mandela Effect." Or... a more logical reason. :tcool:

thundermaster612 07-01-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1593716)
I don't recall Leonardo celebrating his birthday in the 2003 series but the episode could be Big Brawl part 1 (the first Battle Nexus episode). In that one, the turtles did fight some guys who were supposed to fight 4 other guys who looked like the turtles, that wasn't in the lair though. Splinter ordered the turtles to stay in the lair but they disobeyed him and I think Leonardo was in charge. I'm just guessing but maybe the turtles were joking about Leonardo's birthday?

There are also the Dark Turtles but that's not till Fast Forward.

I saw that, I don't think its that. I'm just going to watch all of FF and if that doesn't have anything I'll go through the rest of the series properly this time.