The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   November 2017 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58602)

Powder 10-26-2017 02:17 AM

Whoa. That's unexpected.

CyberCubed 10-26-2017 03:04 AM

LOL, it amazes me how some people pick out these obscure episodes or characters to make references to that only the most hardcore TMNT fans would even know about or recognize.

ChosenOne 10-26-2017 06:00 AM

Where is that pink gorilla unicorn (yeah, can't believe I'm typing these words together in a sentence either) from?

oldmanwinters 10-26-2017 07:23 AM

Holy cow, that stylized Leo is straight outta the '87 toon intro sequence!

I never really thought of Shibano-Sama as a true malevolent spirit, but maybe it's just a visual cue. One of the joys of reading the Ghostbusters ongoing comic is all the visual references (explicit and subtle) to franchise history that Dan Schoening puts in the panels.

ProphetofGanja 10-26-2017 07:32 AM

Whoa, I'm like 1000x more excited for this crossover now. Come on, November!

MikeandRaph87 10-26-2017 09:25 AM

I need to make sure my LCS has me down for this, what is the release dates of both Batman/Ninja Turtles II and Ninja Turtles/Ghostbuster II?

ProphetofGanja 10-26-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1724116)
I need to make sure my LCS has me down for this, what is the release dates of both Batman/Ninja Turtles II and Ninja Turtles/Ghostbuster II?

The Ghostbusters crossover will be released weekly throughout November.

December will see two issues of the second Batman crossover before it changes to monthly for the remainder of the issues, but I'm not sure of the dates yet.

ProphetofGanja 10-26-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1708937)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters II #5

Erik Burnham (W), Tom Waltz (W), Dan Schoening, Charles Paul Wilson III (A/VC), Dan Schoening (C), Adam Gorham (VC).

The climactic conclusion as the teams reunite to face their adversaries... and a long lost ally!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Hmmmm. Any bets on who the long lost ally could be?

Utrommaniac 10-26-2017 03:52 PM

Splinter was on one of the covers, so clearly him. Casey's been gone for a while. But neither of them have necessarily been "lost".

So...who has? Slash maybe, he was just left standing around on his own after being used to kill Bishop Senior.

ProphetofGanja 10-26-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1724221)
Splinter was on one of the covers, so clearly him. Casey's been gone for a while. But neither of them have necessarily been "lost".

So...who has? Slash maybe, he was just left standing around on his own after being used to kill Bishop Senior.

Splinter will be on one of the covers of the December issue of Invasion of the Triceratons, but I don't think he's on any of the TMNT/Ghostbusters covers

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 (Post 1709036)
Hmm, "long lost ally"? Who could that be? Tang Shen??? :o

That's who I was thinking! If the solicitation is indeed referring to one of the Turtles' allies, she's the only ghostly one we've seen so far, so it would make sense for her to be utilized in this arc. Plus, we haven't seen her in quite a while. Her last appearance was when Donnie was briefly in the afterlife, I think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookycookies (Post 1708965)
So my bet for the long lost ally is that it could be Harold. If they are dimension hopping it is possible he could be the one to bring them all home.

But it will probably just be Slimer or something who knows.

Since this story deals with dimension-hopping Harold is another smart bet. I hope we see him again soon, he's a great character. And Slimer too :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-26-2017 04:15 PM

Harold and Splinter have both been absent for awhile, but that's not LOST.

Slash was lost, but not for very long.

Tang Shen is long lost, but I would expect her to become involved against the Pantheon, not the EPF.

I dunno; this one's a puzzler for me.

ProphetofGanja 10-26-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1724226)
Harold and Splinter have both been absent for awhile, but that's not LOST.

Slash was lost, but not for very long.

Tang Shen is long lost, but I would expect her to become involved against the Pantheon, not the EPF.

I dunno; this one's a puzzler for me.

Again, I'm talking about the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover arc, not the Invasion of the Triceratons arc. I don't expect we'll see the EPF in the Ghostbusters crossover, it'll likely be relatively self-contained but still tons of fun.

And good point, most of the Turtles' allies aren't "lost"... other than Tang Shen. So maybe it has to be her?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-26-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja (Post 1724227)
Again, I'm talking about the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover arc, not the Invasion of the Triceratons arc. I don't expect we'll see the EPF in the Ghostbusters crossover, it'll likely be relatively self-contained but still tons of fun.

And good point, most of the Turtles' allies aren't "lost"... other than Tang Shen. So maybe it has to be her?

Oh, RIGHT!

Yeah, definitely Tang Shen. I remember thinking that. She's also the only ghostly ally. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac 10-26-2017 04:27 PM

It would actually make a little bit of sense.

While it wouldn't be a "true" return, but more her ghost coming into the real world rather than hanging out in the Spirit Realm as she has been for a while.
And really, the most appropriate place for that to happen is around the people who deal with ghosts on a regular basis.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-26-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1724230)
It would actually make a little bit of sense.

While it wouldn't be a "true" return, but more her ghost coming into the real world rather than hanging out in the Spirit Realm as she has been for a while.
And really, the most appropriate place for that to happen is around the people who deal with ghosts on a regular basis.

I really REALLY want Mike and Raph to meet Tang Shen's spirit. She helped Leo and Don, but she hasn't appeared to them yet.

Except when everybody met her in the past, but they couldn't let her know who they were.

Utrommaniac 10-26-2017 07:26 PM

"And that's how I got to hug my mom!"

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...79/hnnnnng.jpg

Now that I think about it, Shen would figured out now that the demons that visited her were her sons in the future.

Which means would mean a more two-sided hug for Mike should he get to have a Blacked Out Mom Meet Up.

MikeandRaph87 10-26-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1724246)
I really REALLY want Mike and Raph to meet Tang Shen's spirit. She helped Leo and Don, but she hasn't appeared to them yet.

Except when everybody met her in the past, but they couldn't let her know who they were.

You want me to meet Tang Shen? :) That would be an interesting conversation.