The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Classic ep discussion: The Return of the Shredder (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=4874)

Reznorite420 08-10-2003 07:26 AM

Classic ep discussion: The Return of the Shredder

I'd almost feared that these threads were now taboo...

I think you know what my first post in here will be...

Yep...

Discuss away.

Jephael 08-10-2003 10:22 AM

I love this ep, except for the way Mr. Thompson is constantly bad-mouthing the TMNT. He was definitly their J.J. Jameson.

Karpo_007 08-10-2003 10:38 AM

I liked this ep as a kid, but now it just represents the chance from action to toalt comedy... Well it's still funny and good episode.

Ninja Tiptup 08-10-2003 06:46 PM

Peter Cullen's voice work in this episode is priceless!

Baxter truely shows he's gone nutz in this episode. He makes "the ultimate mouser" from a contruction vechicle, and was he with some guy that thought he was Napoleon in the loony bin?

The opening scene is great as well. Mike and Leo clean up on isle 7 then go riding off in grocery carts.

Deathknight 08-10-2003 07:15 PM

Such a great episode, especially the park scene where Shredder first enters from Dimension X.
Shredder: "Uh... where am I?"
Fat Punk: "I got a better question, like how much money you got in that stupid costume of yours!"
Shredder: "Of course! I'm in the Big Apple. Foot Soldiers! Bebop! Rocksteady! Destroy these fools
Fat Punk: "That old trick? Forget it pal it won't work!"
Shredder: "Foot soldiers... did you not hear my command?"
Blonde Punk: "Now just hand over your dough."
Shredder: "I guess I'll just have to handle this myself." *Jumps to a tree and cuts the branch hitting the punks* "Now, what was it you were saying about money?"
Fat Punk: "We were saying here, if you don't have any take ours!"
Blonde Punk: "Y-y-yeah and have a nice day."
That scene always makes me laugh.

Taloniss 08-11-2003 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
The opening scene is great as well. Mike and Leo clean up on isle 7 then go riding off in grocery carts.

That was my favourite part of this episode. That, and Mikey singing "I've been working on the oil drums" while bashing a drum into a Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang member.

Nturtle 08-11-2003 05:36 AM

It was a preety good episode, I liked the part with the "Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang" and how they gave people their car, that was funny...

Donatello007 08-15-2003 02:11 PM

i liked the part after the turtles beat up the phonys
meet me at the slash for cash dojo if you dare - Shredder
Turtles: We dare!!! *high fives all around*

Tetsu Deinonychus 08-17-2003 10:26 PM

I like how the Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang disguised themselves as the Mirage TMNT.
Anyone notice that?

Jephael 08-17-2003 10:53 PM

I never thought of that until after I started reading the Mirage series. Before that, I never thought much about the red mask thing. I mean it just proved how stupid April's boss was.

Tetsu Deinonychus 08-18-2003 10:09 PM

Maybe the different versions of the TMNT all look the same to TMNT characters. :ohwell:

Jephael 08-18-2003 10:19 PM

Yeah, but those weren't turtles. Those were guys in Ninja Turtle pajamas with painted grocery bags over their heads. And that one dude named Smash wasn't even wearing a mask. he just had a bandana and one of those jumpsuits.

Tetsu Deinonychus 08-18-2003 10:22 PM

Yeah, I used to laugh my head off at that! :lol:

Well, everyone else fell for it too!
Must be something in the water.... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jeff the cheff 08-20-2003 05:13 PM

I dont remember seeing this episode but i have it on a tape for the radio and i listened to it. I wish i could download it but my computer sucks

Raphaella 08-27-2003 09:29 AM

Great episode, I'd downloaded it a while ago but the comp crashed and I lost it, now I've got about 90 others downloaded and I can't find that one again. I love Mikey singing 'I'm bangin on the oil drums' so cute, lol, and yeah, Shredder's scene when he was trapsorted into the park, and those punks were there was cool. Sexy Shredhead :D

Jephael 08-27-2003 11:07 AM

Shredder, sexy? ::shudders::

Raphaella 08-27-2003 11:10 AM

lol, inside joke, but he IS! I like him best in the old cartoons, :D
(secret: I'm weird)

Reznorite420 08-29-2003 03:06 PM

Whoa, I just thought of something...

After seeing this ep again, knowing that it involves a massive power outage in New York, in retrospect to the power failure in the East Coast recently, I so much wanted to shout out suddenly, "THE TECHNODROME'S RETURNING TO EARTH!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Thankfully I didn't remember this episode at the time ;)

Raphaella 08-30-2003 01:21 PM

Lol :lol:

Ratking 09-02-2003 04:04 AM

i felt this ep was a let down. The first season blew me away, waiting for new TMNT material felt like years, then when Return came out, i first thought "hmm 1/6 i guess thats ok".

To me i thought this was the first "average" TMNT ep. I was hope that it was going to be a revolver to a Sgt.Pepper jump, not a step backwards.
Its an ok ep but i wouldnt put it up against the first series.