The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Has Seth Green improved as Leonardo? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51068)

CyberCubed 02-07-2015 09:45 AM

Has Seth Green improved as Leonardo?

During the first few Season 3 episodes I couldn't get into Seth Green as Leonardo, but that might also be because Leo didn't have many lines in the first few episodes.

However the last couples of eps from Chimera, Spirit Quest onward I've really got into Leonardo's new voice. Either Seth Green improved and settled into the character or I'm just used to it now, I really like it. It also fits storywise with Leo growing up a bit.

LeotheLateBloomer 02-07-2015 09:53 AM

Like I said before, it's not a bad voice for Leo, it's just a bit jarring when compared to Biggs and Dominique. I prefer Seth more because it makes Leo sound more like the Leo that I know as opposed to the inexperienced leader that was the first season.

JTH 02-07-2015 10:34 AM

Where is the option "I never had an issue with Seth's voice as Leo."?

This is a biased poll...

IndigoErth 02-07-2015 02:15 PM

It's growing on me and feels like it suits a Leo who acts a bit older now. Has helped that he's is getting back to having a bit more dialogue again.

Aaronardo 02-07-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTH (Post 1417788)

This is a biased poll...

Basically this.

CyberCubed 02-07-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

This is a biased poll...

It is not a bias poll.

BubblyShell22 02-07-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

This is a biased poll...

Yep, that would have been my vote, too.

Shark_Blade 02-07-2015 04:03 PM

Not really blown away, but it's passable for the time being. :)

evan2000 02-07-2015 04:20 PM

Seth has exceeded my expectation. His performance has been stellar since Vision Quest, Return to New York was even better, and his line "LET HER GO AND I'LL LET ALL OF YOU WALK AWAY ALIVE!" in Serpent Hunt was epic! I doubt Jason/Dominic could pull off that deep serious tone like how Seth did.

Shark_Blade 02-07-2015 04:44 PM

I'm sure they could if they were given that line.

Jason Biggs had many great lines in the past anyway. I.e.:

"Shredder is lying to you. Splinter would never hurt an innocent. Your grudge is with me. Stay away from my brothers, and my Sensei, understood? Believe me, Karai.

pennydreadful 02-07-2015 04:56 PM

I've never had a problem with Seth Green as Leo's voice... so "none of the above", I guess.

MikeandRaph87 02-07-2015 06:13 PM

This thread is as pointless as asking about SuperGoku/Toonami Tom...What can I say though.
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/En...2706-OSCAR.jpg

Powder 02-07-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1418077)
This thread is as pointless as asking about SuperGoku/Toonami Tom...What can I say though.
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/En...2706-OSCAR.jpg

Your post is pointless. The thread exists to gauge opinions on Seth's voice after settling into a good chunk of the season.

I think he's more palatable now that he's given Leo a slightly higher register, but he doesn't seem to put any emotion into it, really. His Leo comes off as way too stiff compared to Dom & Jason. I miss their inflection.

ranger_scout 02-07-2015 10:25 PM

I think that he has shown lots of improvement since he started, but I've never really had a problem with it.. His voice has a nice leadership and cartoon feel to it. It also has some warmth in it as well.

Warhorse 02-07-2015 10:35 PM

Eh, when first hearing he was taking over, I didn't think i would have an issue. I generally like Seth Green and anything he did, and the roles I have seen him in, (Without a Paddle and Enemy of the State are the movies I remember him most) I thought he would deliver a great Leo.

But when he first came on, he was a bit jarring, and I honestly have yet to hear him talk enough to guage a true impression. For right now, I am disappointed with his voice acting of Leo. I'm not going to vote yet, I think I will wait till the Dark Raph episode comes to make my decision, because he might have smoothed out by then. But for now, he's too gruff. He's about as irritating as Raph's voice was in 2k3 for me.

TurtleTitan97 02-07-2015 10:47 PM

I never had a problem with Seth's voice either. A little jarring at first, perhaps, but it was never a big issue.

CaliperCat 02-07-2015 11:10 PM

I think he's slowly improving, in that he seems more natural in how he voices the character than when he first started. I'm kind of in an awkward spot where Seth's voice still seems a bit off to me, but re-watching episodes with Jason's voice in it throws my brain off as well. I do miss Jason's voice, because it seemed to fit the mid-teens attitude that the other three turtles still possess. However, since they've made Leo more mature to match the voice, I don't find him unfitting.

The fact that the turtles mean so much to him doesn't hurt my opinion of him either.

senpai 03-02-2015 08:35 PM

I'm actually still getting used to it. If I watch earlier episodes and listen to Biggs then hop to season 3 the difference is strange. I think Jason Biggs had a better teenage voice than Seth Green does. But Green's voice isn't terrible for Leo either. Sometimes it sounds good. Lol! I thought it was funny when the show just wrote off Leo's voice change as throat damage from the battle with Shredder. I'm like, erm, no dat's just Seth Green, guys xD

Galactus 03-02-2015 08:51 PM

I never had much of a problem with it either. Yeah it's a bit jarring but I think the fact that the character's voice box was damaged in the story and sounds different being addressed in the story helped. I don't know if it's getting better or if my opinion is mirroring the character becoming more confident. That being said I think Biggs and his interim replacement did Leo better.

Just out of curiosity does anyone who follows the production aspect of the show know why they want celebrity voice actors? I can at least see why they might seek ones with really distnictive voices like Roseanne Barr and Gilbert Gottfried but it's not like kids care if Leo is the Dr Evil's son or the guy who dry humped a pie.

Bam 03-02-2015 08:53 PM

I'm starting to get used to it, but it was very distracting at first. It's just a very drastic change.