The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT: Jennika II #3 Preview and Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63516)

AlZarkovski 01-13-2021 09:42 AM

TMNT: Jennika II #3 Preview and Discussion

First look:

lonewarrior20 01-13-2021 11:40 AM

it's the c.h.u.d.s, isn't it?

hypered1 01-14-2021 02:31 AM

Pooh Bear got buff

lonewarrior20 01-14-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypered1 (Post 1876305)
Pooh Bear got buff

i'm also reminded of tekken's kuma and this commercial.

Mayhem 01-15-2021 01:53 AM

God I haven't seen that in years :lol:

AlZarkovski 01-17-2021 09:05 PM

Full preview.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 (Post 1876338)
i'm also reminded of tekken's kuma and this commercial.

Or

:tsmile:

Coola Yagami 01-17-2021 09:39 PM

Should the bear not look more.... humanoid? He literally looks like a talking bear. I get he's an animal mutated and not a human mutated into a bear but like... the Turtles don't literally look like talking turtles standing upright, nor do Bebop, Rocksteady and anybody else.

Rooish 01-18-2021 05:22 PM

I'm having trouble getting into this miniseries because of the art...

lonewarrior20 01-18-2021 06:01 PM

just realized who the rat reminded me of.
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...f9044f198514cd

sweatyhong 01-19-2021 03:21 PM

Venus or Jennika? I'm not really a fan of either, but appreciate the creativity of Jennika's origin. I hope she reverts back to normal so there can be the original 4 again.

Sumac 01-19-2021 04:30 PM

Keep bear commercials coming!

TigerClaw 01-19-2021 06:16 PM

The issue comes out tomorrow. Looking forward to happens.

Mutant Ninja Anole 01-20-2021 11:32 AM

Spoiler:
It was Null all along! I’m unreasonably excited to see them actually be used!

And pretty much in how I would expect them to be. Neat. Also love that we brought back the implication of Null’s beyond earth scope.

Kindof a bittersweet ending. Mutant Town has allies and is coming together, Ivan’s even turned over a new leaf, something I didn’t expect, but Null’s propaganda is definitely having an effect. I’m actually sort of like the social media deluge at the end. Even if I roll my eyes at a few bits.

This though?
https://i.imgur.com/yues5H5.jpg

That’s pretty funny.

If I had one complaint, I feel like if I was Madam Null I could have made my argument to Jennika in a little less “Ha! I’m evil!” Way. You know:

“People are in chaos and unfulfilled Jennika, like you were. You found purpose in the Foot, and now in your new body. We give people a place to belong, a world where everyone is designed to do what they need to do for our corporate good. Instead Hob unleashed chaos. How much suffering is going on every day? Now, with the concern about monsters, and seeing how dangerous unbound mutants can be, *flicks monitors on* people will be compelled to action. Mutant Rights? Freedom? Freedom to spoil in a fake freedom like everyone else? I don’t think so.”

Sorry for the random fanfiction. Anyway, this was a fun series, well done!

ChosenOne 01-20-2021 11:59 AM

Wow, this was really, really good! Like probably the best issue of the series in general since #100, and it's not even close! I kept hoping it would go on forever, the action was top notch and that final confrontation... Damn. It's on now! Feels like a logical endgame for the comic. This is exactly what I expected to get when Hob set off that bomb. This is what Mutant Town should be like all the way through. Sad that this mini is only three issues long, I wanted MOOOAAAR!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole (Post 1876981)
Spoiler:
If I had one complaint, I feel like if I was Madam Null I could have made my argument to Jennika in a little less “Ha! I’m evil!” Way. You know:

“People are in chaos and unfulfilled Jennika, like you were. You found purpose in the Foot, and now in your new body. We give people a place to belong, a world where everyone is designed to do what they need to do for our corporate good. Instead Hob unleashed chaos. How much suffering is going on every day? Now, with the concern about monsters, and seeing how dangerous unbound mutants can be, *flicks monitors on* people will be compelled to action. Mutant Rights? Freedom? Freedom to spoil in a fake freedom like everyone else? I don’t think so.”

Sorry for the random fanfiction. Anyway, this was a funny series, well done!

Spoiler:
I think the reason Null didn't do that is because Jennika is no longer the sort of asset she would be interested in, considering the mix-and-match mutants she mentioned at the start of their little pow-wow. She just doesn't care about not appearing to be evil, and in fact even delights in it.

neatoman 01-20-2021 12:11 PM

Right, so there is a "the end" on the last page, but there is going to be another three issues so I don't know what's going on. Are there two story arcs in this mini or does it just mark the halfway point of one story?

Mutant Ninja Anole 01-20-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1876984)
Wow, this was really, really good! Like probably the best issue of the series in general since #100, and it's not even close! I kept hoping it would go on forever, the action was top notch and that final confrontation... Damn. It's on now! Feels like a logical endgame for the comic. This is exactly what I expected to get when Hob set off that bomb. This is what Mutant Town should be like all the way through. Sad that this mini is only three issues long, I wanted MOOOAAAR!

Spoiler:
I think the reason Null didn't do that is because Jennika is no longer the sort of asset she would be interested in, considering the mix-and-match mutants she mentioned at the start of their little pow-wow. She just doesn't care about not appearing to be evil, and in fact even delights in it.

Spoiler:
This is probably true. I was just thinking that a villain taking something evil and word weaseling it into something good sounding is a very 'devilish' trope.

ChosenOne 01-20-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole (Post 1876987)
Spoiler:
This is probably true. I was just thinking that a villain taking something evil and word weaseling it into something good sounding is a very 'devilish' trope.

Spoiler:
Also true. Though I guess in this particular instance Null had already maxxed out her devilish traits score on the little stunt with the hologram.

Speaking of devilish, I wonder if this version of the character also grows more demonic as she does evil deeds? And how the hell (ha!) does she travel between dimensions anyway? So many questions... Please get Null into the ongoing, stat!

lonewarrior20 01-20-2021 12:33 PM

i enjoyed it, shame jenny didn't have a way to record null's little speech and post that on the net. i think stock would suddenly start going into a nose dive.

hypered1 01-20-2021 02:18 PM

Really good issue and
Spoiler:
Null
finally returns.

Quite a lot of fun easter eggs on the last page too.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-22-2021 04:30 PM

I heard you know who was in this issue, so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

This seems a lot more interesting now that Jennika is encountering
Spoiler:
Null and Zodi.
One of the things I haven't liked about Jennika is she almost always is still on her own, or doing solo things, and hasn't had a ton of time actively WITH the Turtles.

This is a step in the right direction for integrating the new character with aspects of the wider TMNT story that isn't just "Hey a whole bunch of new mutants in Mutant Town!"