The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   80's Shredder vs Dr Robotnik, who is better and who would win in a fight? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56597)

FredWolfLeonardo 10-06-2016 02:49 AM

80's Shredder vs Dr Robotnik, who is better and who would win in a fight?

I was watching some Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog a few days ago and I noticed some striking similarities that Dr Robotnik shared with Shredder from the 80s series:

1. Obsessed with the main protagonist(s)
2. Constantly using a wide vocabulary of insults
3. Has two incompetent henchmen (Bebop and Rocksteady vs Scratch and Grounder)
4. Has an army of useless robots (robotic foot soldiers vs Dr Robotnik's robotic inventions)
5. Has abused others for his own gain (Coconuts vs Baxter Stockman)
6. Has had a large robot designed to beat the main protagonist, appearing in two episodes (Chrome Dome vs the Music Destroyer)
7. Usually used for comic relief, has his moments of being badass, but is almost always defeated no matter how threatening he is.

Im curious as to who you think were better and more fun characters. Being a tmnt fan, most dromers would say Shredder is better, and I think hes much better too, but whats your opinion on their similarities? Was robotnik a blatant rip off or was he original enough? Also, who would win in a fight when comparing their armies? (excluding Krang and the rock soldiers, technodrome, because that would make the side far too one sided.)

Coola Yagami 10-06-2016 08:23 AM

Um.. in a straight up fight, shredder since he's an actual Fighter. But on the other hand, while shredder might cheat with a hidden ray gun, robotnic might cheat with all sorts of wacky devices that shredder wouldn't be ready for.

I can't see how the footbots vs scratch and grounder would go. The foot only seem like fodder to the turtles but dangerous to everyone else. They'd probably take out robotnic's forces if scratch and grounder were leading the army. I mean robotnic has the advantage since he has all sorts of robots in all shapes and sizes against an army of metal men, but those two would still find some way to screw it up.

pferreira 10-06-2016 08:45 AM

Dr Robotnik can come up with a devilish plan to capture Shredder but Shredder is more cunning than Robotnik so I'd say Shredder easily.

Wesley 10-06-2016 02:07 PM

I noticed the similarities myself a few years ago. I'd say 80s Shredder is better, as he's a trained ninja, has good fighting skills and got better lines. Like Robotnik, he's also good at making inventions. Shredder would probably win in a fair fight. I still like Aosth's Robotnik, though. He's my favourite version of Eggman.

FredWolfLeonardo 10-06-2016 02:24 PM

In a fight, I'd not pit Krang and the Rock soldiers alongside Shredder as that would make it far too one sided, instead I'd have it be:

1. Shredder vs Robotnik
3. Bebop and Rocksteady vs Scratch and Grounder
4. Foot soldiers vs Robotnik's robots
5. Fly Baxter vs Coconuts

Shredder's army would win in a fight in every category except for maybe Baxter vs Coconuts but I think it would be a very entertaining fight to watch nonetheless.

DarkFell 10-06-2016 10:41 PM

Would Shredder win against these versions of Robotnik?

Yeah - he probably would, although all incarnations of the Doctor sported an unpredictable nature when they're not being goofy part of the time.

The version of Robotnik that I would probably lay my money on, would probably be this guy...

Yep. The Big Round Guy that sat on his a** throughout most of Season 1 & Season 2 and yet, still managed to be a threat to everyone on Planet Mobius throughout the entire series.

Candy Kappa 10-07-2016 02:30 AM

Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is pretty ineffective and basically as useless as his henchmen. FW Shredder wins easily.

SatAM Robotnik would be a better opponent.

Wesley 10-07-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1630723)
Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is pretty ineffective and basically as useless as his henchmen. FW Shredder wins easily.

Well, I rewatched Sonic SatAM a few years ago and I thought its version of Robotnik was as ineffective as the Aosth Robotnik. He was all bark and no bite. He just sat most of the time in Robotroplis. At least Aosth Robotnik actually did stuff. I think it was just luck that he was able to take over the planet in the first place and even then, we didn't see much of it in the series and he admitted that he hadnt actually fully taken over Mobius in the last episode anyway.

FredWolfLeonardo 10-07-2016 02:42 PM

In some ways, Satam Robotnik has some parallels to Shredder from the episode "Shredderville" or even from the red sky seasons while 80s Shredder overall from the main seasons has more similarities to robotnik from aosth. Shredder isn't extreme incompetent like aosth robotnik or extreme menancing like Satam, he's somewhere in the middle.

Wesley 10-07-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1631009)
In some ways, Satam Robotnik has some parallels to Shredder from the episode "Shredderville" or even from the red sky seasons while 80s Shredder overall from the main seasons has more similarities to robotnik from aosth. Shredder isn't extreme incompetent like aosth robotnik or extreme menancing like Satam, he's somewhere in the middle.

80s Shredder is somewhere in between alright. I like his portrayal in the first two seasons the most, as he's shown to be cunning and menacing but still has a sense of humour. I'd say 80s Shredder would probably win in a fight one-on-one.

pferreira 10-13-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1630723)

Adventures Robotnik was clever but was too overconfident which was always his downfall. He's also a whiny baby. In one episode when Sonic saved the day (again) Robotnik acted like a spoilt child shouting a number of times "why won't you let me win?". :lol:

Shark_Blade 10-13-2016 09:18 AM

I like Eggman but I think Shredder is more threatening.

miru 10-13-2016 05:01 PM

Let's see if Ch'rell could handle Archie/Fleetway Robotnik!

Yabuturtle 10-15-2016 11:28 AM

I liked how similar they are. Especially since they are both cry babies when they lose. xD

Probably Shredder wins, but Robotnik did become godlike in one of the Aosth episodes.

FredWolfLeonardo 10-16-2016 02:54 AM

I just realized that Robotnik from SatAm actually shares alot more similarities to Krang rather than Shredder. I guess you could compare aosth Robotnik to Shredder, and the SatAm variant to Krang, as they both are warlords who do less fighting and more sitting on their thrones and giving out orders to their armies.

MontanaMax1982 11-02-2016 11:03 AM

SatAM Robotnik is better

pferreira 11-03-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontanaMax1982 (Post 1636310)
SatAM Robotnik is better

If he ever gets off his chair and does something. :lol:

FredWolfLeonardo 08-28-2017 01:52 PM

Hey everyone! I recently made a Fan Death Battle on its Wiki of 80s Shredder vs Dr Robotnik from Aosth. I tried to be as unbiased as possible and make an interesting fight as well as a detailed analysis for both characters:

http://deathbattlefanon.wikia.com/wi...vs_Dr_Robotnik

If you wanna read and leave some feedback, either here or on the comments of the battle itself, it would be much appreciated :)

Next time I'm gonna do Lord Dregg (80s version) vs Dr Robotnik from Sonic Satam, as they are the main villains of tmnt and sonic during a darker time in their shows.

neatoman 12-05-2017 06:14 AM

Robotnik?

FredWolfLeonardo 12-05-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1732902)
Robotnik?

Well Yeah, Robotnik is the original :lol:

http://deathbattlefanon.wikia.com/wi...vs_Dr_Robotnik

My other fight with SatAm Robotnik is complete.