The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   IDW's TMNT on SDCC'17 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58258)

AlZarkovski 07-11-2017 12:09 PM

IDW's TMNT on SDCC'17

Saturday, July 22 • 11:30am - 12:30pm

IDW's TMNT: Summer of the Turtles

TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman is joined by writers Tom Waltz, Erik Burnham, Aubrey Sitterson, Ulises Fariñas, and Erick Freitas and special guest Usagi Yojimbo creator Stan Sakai to discuss the events of IDW's biggest summer of TMNT publishing ever! Moderated by editor Bobby Curnow.

https://comiccon2017.sched.com/event...-ninja-turtles

I really hope that we will learn the details of the "pair them up with some other characters once again by the end of the year" that Chris Ryall was talking about.

MikeandRaph87 07-11-2017 12:14 PM

Will there be a podcast or post on YouTube? This is the SDCC news I have been waiting for. I for one want to know if this potential 1987 cartoon crossover will be unveiled that was teased to me at the Heroes Con.

Vicky82 07-20-2017 11:49 AM

There's another TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover coming in November

IDW Publishing‏@IDWPublishing 49s
Just announced at SDCC! Sequel to the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover is coming this November as a 5-week event

CyberCubed 07-20-2017 11:52 AM

That's a surprise, 5 more TMNT comics is a good thing.

ChosenOne 07-20-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1699839)
There's another TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover coming in November

IDW Publishing‏@IDWPublishing 49s
Just announced at SDCC! Sequel to the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover is coming this November as a 5-week event

It's treason canon, then?

At this rate, 2017 in TMNT comics will never be topped! :o

CyberCubed 07-20-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1699845)
It's treason canon, then?

At this rate, 2017 in TMNT comics will never be topped! :o

Agreed. This year we got 12 regular monthly issues, 12 regular Universe issues, the Free Comic book day issue, the 5-issue Dimension X special, the TMNT/Usagi crossover, now 5 Ghostbuster crossovers, and even the Nick animated comic had new stuff with the Robotanimals mini.

IDW damn near put out nearly 60 TMNT comics in 2017 alone. Goddamn.

ChosenOne 07-20-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1699847)
Agreed. This year we got 12 regular monthly issues, 12 regular Universe issues, the Free Comic book day issue, the 5-issue Dimension X special, the TMNT/Usagi crossover, now 5 Ghostbuster crossovers, and even the Nick animated comic had new stuff with the Robotanimals mini.

IDW damn near put out nearly 60 TMNT comics in 2017 alone. Goddamn.

I do believe IDW is only doing this to prepare us for the glory of the year when they announce a new 4- or 5-week mini every single month alongside the main title, Universe, FCBD issue, and the odd special or crossover. If they announced something like that out of nowhere, with no proper build-up of immunity, we'd all promptly drop dead at once from collective diarrhea exploding out of our noses. They're smart enough to keep their customer base alive, they are... :tcool:

The only question is, will that be in 2018 or 2019? :D

/joke (or is it?)

CyberCubed 07-20-2017 12:01 PM

Oh yeah, and I forgot #75 is a double issue, with 40 pages, so that's technically "13 regular issues" in 2017, if you count it like that.

I do imagine they might slow down in 2018 though, you can't very well outdo yourself every year.

MikeandRaph87 07-20-2017 12:02 PM

I wonder if this will follow up with missing-in-action Pantheon member, Chi-You who while absence was on the minds of the immortal siblings. Will he escape his purgatory and enact revenge? Will he team with the likes Kitsune?

ChosenOne 07-20-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1699855)
I wonder if this will follow up with missing-in-action Pantheon member, Chi-You who while absence was on the minds of the immortal siblings. Will he escape his purgatory and enact revenge? Will he team with the likes Kitsune?

That crossed my mind, but then wouldn't it feel a little repetitive? I can imagine the team wanting to break new ground and explore other possibilities. And it's in November, fresh off Halloween, so there could be a bit more of a spooky vibe to that.

The last crossover featured a Turtles villain, maybe this one will skew more in favor of the Ghostbusters?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-20-2017 12:12 PM

Welcome back, Chi-You!

I don't think it's coincidence that the Pantheon story is heating up just as they announce this second crossover...

AlZarkovski 07-20-2017 01:06 PM

IDW Announces TMNT/GHOSTBUSTERS Crossover Sequel!

http://www.comicosity.com/idw-announ...ssover-sequel/

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-20-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1699894)

"Our story begins when an old adversary traps the Turtles in a ghost dimension, as old adversaries are wont to do. However, all hope is not lost for our Heroes in Half-Shell, as New York City’s resident experts on all things spooky quickly answer the call."

That definitely sounds like Chi-You to me... :tcool:

Cyndaquilfan123 07-20-2017 01:13 PM

I still need to read the first one.

AlZarkovski 07-20-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1699901)
"Our story begins when an old adversary traps the Turtles in a ghost dimension, as old adversaries are wont to do. However, all hope is not lost for our Heroes in Half-Shell, as New York City’s resident experts on all things spooky quickly answer the call."

That definitely sounds like Chi-You to me... :tcool:

No. This is Darius Dun. He is a ghost on second cover. Fantom, he-he.:lol:

Powder 07-20-2017 01:15 PM

Ha, love that Secret Of The Ooze homage. That other cover is one of the coolest so far this series, though! Whoa!

AlZarkovski 07-20-2017 01:18 PM

These shadows are suspiciously reminiscent of Dark Turtles of FF. If Darius wil be main antagonist, it makes sense.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-20-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1699908)
Ha, love that Secret Of The Ooze homage. That other cover is one of the coolest so far this series, though! Whoa!

Oh man, now I feel like a complete idiot for not seeing that... you're totally right, SOTO cover! :tlol:

ProphetofGanja 07-20-2017 01:33 PM

Holy Hell, what a surprise! :o

I wouldn't be surprised if Chi-You makes a brief appearance in this, but it's really cool that Darius Dun will be back, likely teamed-up with one of the Ghostbusters' villains. And those dark silhouettes do not bode well!

Man, what a year for TMNT comics

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-20-2017 01:36 PM

Oh SH!T. I missed two things, not one--that IS Darius!!! :teek: :tlol:

Man, I don't know what's up with me. But yeah... Dark Turtle ghost monsters, maybe?