The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Technodrome's size (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57688)

Ulisa 04-02-2017 10:08 PM

The Technodrome's size

So how big is the Technodrome from the original series? We know that it has dozens upon dozens of rooms (I believe Bebop says "972" at some point) but as far as actual height, diameter, etc. do we have any idea?

CyberCubed 04-02-2017 11:40 PM

Best way is to compare it to buildings/skyscrapers when it was above ground. I'm sure someone has screenshots when the Technodrome was roaming the city to see how it stacks up.

Prowler 04-02-2017 11:58 PM

In the season 3 big finale it uses the World trade Center to suck energy of it or something like that. Naturally it gets quite close to it. Can't remember how tall it seemed next to it tho.

neatoman 04-03-2017 02:23 AM

Well it's big enough to be compared to skyscrapers... Yet somehow small enough move around beneath New York undetected...

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-03-2017 10:03 AM

Houston Astrodome

It was said to be five times bigger than the Houston Astrodome.

pferreira 04-06-2017 09:05 AM

The Technodrome started off massive but seemed to shrink and then get bigger over time. In Shredder Triumphant the Technodrome is much smaller than it should be.

ABrown 04-06-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1673635)
It was said to be five times bigger than the Houston Astrodome.

I think that might've been a little too big. I took Michaelangelo's line of "That Dude's driving Shea Stadium around under the city" somewhat literally. I assume the Technodrome to be somewhat equivalent to the size of a baseball stadium. Honestly, I don't think it was necessarily even supposed to be quite that big. Maybe just a little smaller.

cammy85 04-06-2017 09:53 AM

In "Enter the Shredder", it was towering over the Turtles and Splinter. in "Return of the Technodrome" and even "Shredder's Mother" (even though it was wedged in a volcano), it seemed smaller. They were able to jump out of it pretty easily in "The Big Break-in" and "Shredder Triumphant"

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-09-2017 12:37 PM

Statue of Liberty

In the original videogames, it was big enough to fit the Statue of Liberty inside (or maybe Krang shrunk the Statue of Liberty a little bit after capturing it). I don't know if it was bigger than the Statue of Liberty in the 1987–1996 animated TV-series.

MsMarvelDuckie 04-09-2017 12:50 PM

I guess the Technodrome's size depends on however many members are currently active? :tlol: :trazz:

Oh, c'mon- I know I'm not the only one who was thinking that..... :twink:

oldmanwinters 04-09-2017 12:51 PM

Those details are strictly confidential!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4103/5...deaa4b33_z.jpg
All About the Technodrome; (UK Hero Turtles Annual 1991)
by oldmanwinters, on Flickr

Maybe Krang's protecting his interdimensional trademark?

sdp 04-09-2017 12:57 PM

There was a thread here in the drome around 2004 or 2005 about the size of the tecnodrome and it included pictures of its various appearances, sadly the only thread I can find right now is this one which is older and not very helpful.

The bottom line on the other thread however was that the technodrome like various things in the OT was highly inconsistent. Sometimes it was huge while others it was only a few feet high. Maybe it had a size modulator like Krang did/does?

pferreira 04-13-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1675210)
The bottom line on the other thread however was that the technodrome like various things in the OT was highly inconsistent. Sometimes it was huge while others it was only a few feet high. Maybe it had a size modulator like Krang did/does?

It occurred to me perhaps all the shifting back and forth between different dimensions, space travel, using the inter-dimensional portal, in one episode it's reduced to the size of a small toy made the Technodrome increase and decrease in size over the years without one stable size.