The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Will they ever release a Blu-ray collection (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61821)

Maelxich 09-03-2019 10:19 PM

Will they ever release a Blu-ray collection
 
it seems its stuck with just digital copies if you want hd and I prefer digital as back up not as the only option

CyberCubed 09-04-2019 12:25 PM

If you believe, it will happen.

IMJ 09-04-2019 04:47 PM

If they released a full series Blu Ray of the 2012 show, I'd be all in. But if there were any problems with it, or if they did the kind of weird episode allocation we saw on the F.W. series, I'd stay away completely.

No reason, room, or tolerance for Hollywood B.S. anymore at all whatsoever.

The-Shredder 09-07-2019 04:13 PM

Nickelodeon has released Blu-ray sets for the Avatar series despite The Last Airbender being mastered in 2D. The 2012 cartoon is popular among fans and Ciro Nieli has shown interest in keeping this version alive in the future. I think a Blu-ray release is possible, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Zulithe 09-07-2019 04:21 PM

I understand people want a hard copy of the HD versions on disc. Maybe it will happen.

But in the meantime, if you are okay with digital, you can actually get the complete series pretty cheap.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/953502

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-13-2019 03:44 AM

DVD and Bluray
 
If it ever will happen, it must happen during the upcoming years. For every year passing, DVD and Bluray are already becoming history.

IMJ 09-13-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1818558)
I understand people want a hard copy of the HD versions on disc. Maybe it will happen.

But in the meantime, if you are okay with digital, you can actually get the complete series pretty cheap.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/953502

I have a 6 tb media server at my place that holds music, movies, T.V., etc. I like digital, but all of that material is on a platter that I own, can transfer from and back up.

If you "own" something digital yet you have to access it remotely from a stream, or can't copy and transfer it to back it up, then you don't own it.

There will be a day when these companies literally take away or shut down something you've bought, or otherwise forfeit your ability to use it. As a point of convo, I don't think many millenials understand this.

The Great Saiyaman 09-13-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMJ (Post 1819109)
I have a 6 tb media server at my place that holds music, movies, T.V., etc. I like digital, but all of that material is on a platter that I own, can transfer from and back up.

If you "own" something digital yet you have to access it remotely from a stream, or can't copy and transfer it to back it up, then you don't own it.

There will be a day when these companies literally take away or shut down something you've bought, or otherwise forfeit your ability to use it. As a point of convo, I don't think many millenials understand this.

Which is why I still buy DVD's. I rather have something tangible, of which I know won't ever go off line.

If they DO issue a full Blue Ray boxset, I hope they include the test footage, since a lot of the times that differs from what ends up in the episode.

Andrew NDB 09-13-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1819081)
If it ever will happen, it must happen during the upcoming years. For every year passing, DVD and Bluray are already becoming history.

Also, stores that used to carry mostly blu-rays and only SOME DVDs now ONLY carry DVDs.

It's like (largely) the younger generation that bought blu-rays switched to digital only... which leaves only the older generation with their DVD players and distrust of blu-rays ("It's a scam! It looks the same as DVD!" etc.).

IMJ 09-13-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1819128)
Also, stores that used to carry mostly blu-rays and only SOME DVDs now ONLY carry DVDs.

It's like (largely) the younger generation that bought blu-rays switched to digital only... which leaves only the older generation with their DVD players and distrust of blu-rays ("It's a scam! It looks the same as DVD!" etc.).

I hate that mentality too. I'm an A/V nerd - I calibrate all of my sets with software, photometers, furniture distance measurement, all of that. I've got the THX blue filter glasses for color calibration. It's a hobby.

I love a little soap opera effect, but then I got my Sony 4k and there processing software is second to none. With the right settings you'd swear you were watching film projection as it was always meant to be.

But all of that is going the way of the dodo because until the entire country has super gigabyte bandwidth, we aren't going to get the anything that looks as good as disc based media.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-15-2019 05:02 AM

Has Season 5 of the Nickelodeon Cartoon still not been released to DVD in Region 2, or what? I've no personal interest in buying them, but I just would like to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...es)#Home_media

The Great Saiyaman 09-15-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1819321)
Has Season 5 of the Nickelodeon Cartoon still not been released to DVD in Region 2, or what? I've no personal interest in buying them, but I just would like to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...es)#Home_media

Yes, season five has been for sale on DVD region 2, I already own all four separate parts and I've seen the DVD box set in the shops.

Chris 09-19-2019 07:45 AM

Sadly at this point I think that ship has sailed.

CyberCubed 09-20-2019 06:13 PM

The ship hasn't reached the port yet. As long as there is a will, there is a way.

frank_one 09-20-2019 09:40 PM

Well, they need to scan the original films of each episode first, I'm not sure they still have those. That's a huge amount of work, they probably don't think they can make a profit out of it.

Chris 09-21-2019 06:56 PM

Do they? The episodes have already been released digitally in HD so Id assume they have everything they need to release them on Blu-Ray. The only reason I think it likely wont happen now is because of time. Every year takes us further from the series and digital/streaming grows in popularity over physical media.

frank_one 09-22-2019 12:51 AM

Oh, wait, you are talking about the nickelodeon series here. I was thinking about the Fred Wolf series, sorry.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-22-2019 02:37 PM

Language
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman (Post 1819330)
Yes, season five has been for sale on DVD region 2, I already own all four separate parts and I've seen the DVD box set in the shops.

In which language?

turtle1237 09-23-2019 08:23 PM

I am in American, and the series did get a dvd release, but you have to track them down in vols lol. But yeah there all there. Rise of the Turtles, Enter the Shredder, ete. I need a check list just for the order of the show lol.

The Great Saiyaman 09-24-2019 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1820051)
In which language?

The boxsets I found were in English, German, Dutch, French and Spanish.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.