The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How many hours of episodes, books, comics, etc. can you handle a day? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58440)

Prowler 07-29-2017 03:37 AM

How many hours of episodes, books, comics, etc. can you handle a day?

Like I dunno, let's say you're marathoning something. What is your limit? I usually start feeling tired/saturated after 7 or 8 25 minute episodes of a cartoon/anime/tv series/etc. in a day. I've talked to people before who could knock down a 26 episode anime series in about a day or two... I couldn't do that ever.

As for books, I read 1984 by George Orwell entirely in one day only on my Kobo Touch e-reader and my head hurt a bit at the end of the day. Ofc I didn't read all of it in one set. I started around 11AM/noon and finished around dinner time or so. That was tiresome but I loved the book and just couldn't help but reading it all in one day. I've also read Fahrenheit 451 in one night but that was way easier and didn't require as many breaks. Plus, I read the book itself and not on a screen, so it didn't hurt me. :lol:

As for videogames, as a kid I could wake up on a Summer morning and play games until bed time... always with a break every hour or so. Nowadays I can't do that anymore due to lack of time and energy.

What about you?

Splinter the boss 07-29-2017 06:22 AM

2 hours combined for all of them. I want to preserve my eyes, you know. I watch things every 2 days. But sometimes I get carried away and watch 3 to 4 episodes of an anime a day

CyberCubed 07-29-2017 11:48 AM

I usually have 2 hours of free time to watch a movie/tv show, but I usually play videogames instead.

Also god bless the 1.5x speed on online video players now. You can now watch a 2 hour movie in only 1 hour and 20 minutes. I am never watching shows/movies at normal speed ever again, I can't believe it took me this long to discover this fast viewing feature. Funny thing is you can still understand what everyone is saying and the movements don't look bad sped up, but I do slow it down to normal speed during action scenes.

snake 07-29-2017 12:25 PM

Depends. I marathoned the original trilogy the other day, but I had someone with me which made it easier. Some day I can rush through stuff, others I can't bring myself to watch or read anything.

MsMarvelDuckie 07-29-2017 12:31 PM

I can usually marathon for about four or five hours at a time, but I have been known to spend an entire day playing a game, or watching an entire season of a show in a couple of days. Only on my days off though.

FredWolfLeonardo 07-29-2017 12:56 PM

I usually cant handle more than 2 hours or episodes but I know a very indulgent friend who ended up watching like the first 30 episodes of Pokemon Indigo League in a day. I was baffled as to how he could not only watch that many episodes a day, but also watch them back to back.

Wesley 07-29-2017 01:17 PM

Depends.

2-3 episodes for 22-30 minute comedies/cartoons.

3-6 episodes for 42-50 minute dramas.

2 and a half hours for films.

2 hours for video games and music.

1 hour for reading/writing.

Any longer and I start to get tired of them.

CyberCubed 07-29-2017 01:33 PM

Yeah, when I watch cartoons/anime it's basically 4 episodes max back to back. Watching more than 4 episodes a day makes me feel like I'm "rushing" through a show and not enjoying it. 4 episodes comes out to only a little over an hour of time too, so it's not that long.

TurtleWA 07-29-2017 02:14 PM

Currently in my world...
I can usually read about 3 comics no matter the title and then need to switch to a different activity.
I can watch about 2-3 hours of movies/TV a day on average before I'm board, run out of time or programs.
I surf the web often. Is surfing the web even a saying anymore? It's difficult to add up the time though because it's in small frequent chunks throughout the day. Maybe 15 minutes every hour, so perhaps 2-4 hours a day.

Seems like as a kids if a friend was over at the house we could play video games for four hours straight. Or on a rainy and dark winter day during the weekend I would watch TV all day long.

Powder 07-29-2017 03:45 PM

I can do a whole lot, depending on my mood. I've done my share of heavy binge-watching. I did the entirety of Breaking Bad in like 5 days not too long ago. Netflix originals Stranger Things & The OA, I did in one sitting each last year. I logged several 11-13 hour sessions of Breath Of The Wild recently. If I've nothing better to do & feel hella lazy or just immersed in that thing, I will go hard, my dude. That's less so the case with reading, though. Most comics I'll read consecutively is like, 4 or 5, probably. Sometimes I'll draw all day long, too. My attention span can actually be SUPER awful, but sometimes its the opposite.

mrmaczaps 07-29-2017 03:48 PM

Being unable to work, having very limited money to spend and no where to go, I sit and watch tv, movies or cartoons all day long usually while also using my tablet or phone.... with maybe 5 to 6 hours asleep.

I would like to unplug though. Lol

Splinter the boss 07-29-2017 05:35 PM

Do you guys have super Eyes or something? Am i the only one whose eyes hurt after 3 episodes watching a show? Maybe it's because I use my pc for that, do you guys marathon stuff on tv?

MsMarvelDuckie 07-29-2017 05:56 PM

Absolutely. I get up and take frequent breaks though, if only to rest my eyes for a bit, or to stretch, and eat, use the bathroom, or whatever.

DestronMirage22 07-30-2017 12:13 AM

When it comes to tv, books, and video games I could spend the whole day with them. Especially books. But there aren't enough hours in the day, and I usually have to attend to other needs which doesn't leave me with much time for that stuff. I just do 'em whenever I get the chance, for as long as I can.

Wesley 07-30-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1702922)
Absolutely. I get up and take frequent breaks though, if only to rest my eyes for a bit, or to stretch, and eat, use the bathroom, or whatever.

Same as me.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 07-30-2017 11:35 AM

1-2 hours, with some breaks between.

Krutch 08-02-2017 07:14 AM

Depends on circumstance.

Yesterday I was home sick with bronchitis so I watched about 7 episodes of Arrow.

When healthy, I don't really binge anything. Though I might save up a weeks worth of episodes for Sunday night and watch an episode of four or five different shows.