The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What could IDW TMNT give to furure incarnations? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58643)

Panda_Kahn_fan 08-30-2017 11:23 AM

What could IDW TMNT give to furure incarnations?

With all the turtles media recently having every version borrow from everything else, I was wondering what elements that originated in IDW would be good to include in future TMNT incarnations? While IDW does borrow a lot from other versions, there are some ideas I like that originate from IDW Personally, the reincarnation backstory is my favorite tmnt origin, and I like IDW's Rat King and pantheon concept far more that even the original mirage version; a group of uncaring immortals/gods, playing a game with humanity and using the TMNT as their unwilling chess pieces. I'd love to see these ideas show up in future incarnations.

What are some of the IDW original ideas everyone else would like to see in future Cartoons/video games/movies?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-30-2017 11:25 AM

Old Hob. He's definitely going to be reused in future iterations.

Candy Kappa 08-30-2017 11:30 AM

Old Hob, a more competent Baxter, Koya, the designs of Foot Assasins.

I hope we never see the reincarnation version ever again.

Panda_Kahn_fan 08-30-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1710525)

For the turtles themselves I can see why, and sort of agree... buuut I actually think it's better for Splinter. I actually like it better than the original version, Makes the vengeance on Saki more personal

Andrew NDB 08-30-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

That's like the only thing I really like about the IDW TMNT. I wouldn't mind it revisited in, say, a TMNT film.

CyberCubed 08-30-2017 11:43 AM

Well we already saw Alopex in Nick, albeit she was a Ninjara colored hybrid. Then again Alopex and Ninjara are practically the same character with minor differences.

Old Hob is likely to be used again as we rarely have recurring cat mutants. Other than that I don't know, maybe Herman the crab? Koya possibly?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-30-2017 11:50 AM

I guess some of the other mutants, but none of them have really had the impact Old Hob has. Sally, Herman, Bludgeon, Koya...

But I'd still kill for a Herman the Hermit Crab action figure. :tlol:

Powder 08-30-2017 12:34 PM

The various new Foot designs, The Pantheon, Clan Hamato taking over the Foot after Shredder's expulsion/death. Not much else, for me.

Utrommaniac 08-30-2017 02:02 PM

Shifting the "But Karai, your honor!!!" thing from Leo to Splinter, though that was (thankfully) minimal.

Krang trying to make the Earth habitable for him (and his people) has already been adapted by 2012 and the PD movies.

Agreeing on Old Hob - and he better show up in later versions.

CyberCubed 08-30-2017 02:18 PM

The vast majority of IDW's plotlines and characters have already been based on existing material or old characters revamped, so there isn't much truly new or original to pull from it besides the obvious stuff like the Pantheon or Old Hob, etc.

And the other new stuff like reincarnation or Splinter taking over the Foot Clan isn't something I think will be re-used ever again.

mrmaczaps 08-30-2017 02:29 PM

Old Hob... maybe.

Also don't wish to ever see anything about reincarnation...

I'd like to see the red bandanas make a comeback. And some at home sequences where they aren't wearing their gear...

CyberCubed 08-30-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1710569)
Also don't wish to ever see anything about reincarnation...

Is this because of your religious beliefs? I doubt they would ever put reincarnation in a kids cartoon anyway.

neatoman 08-30-2017 02:51 PM

In terms of story structure, I'd say it's the best example TMNT has to offer so far. So even if the actual story might not get adapted, I'd say it does offer a pretty good template for how to write a long running TMNT story. Then the actual stories are of course worth adapting.

The origin is a pretty good one, doesn't rely on forced convenience or stretched logic. The original characters (of course) and the fresh takes on the old ones.

mrmaczaps 08-30-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1710570)
Is this because of your religious beliefs? I doubt they would ever put reincarnation in a kids cartoon anyway.

Not really. Being born over and over and over from the souls POV always seemed to male things to finite for me.... If each person born is just a recycled old person (or stupid ypung person), whats really the point?

Does my faith enhance the dislike for that, maybe... but comics is make believe.... so in the long run, it doesn't matter...

Utrommaniac 08-30-2017 05:57 PM

It does seem like the reincarnation is not a "normal" situation in this storytelling though. And the Ooze probably has something to do with that.

Since Saki himself is a reincarnation himself...of a different man entirely, for that matter. By Kitsune's hand.

Panda_Kahn_fan 08-30-2017 06:05 PM

Hmm, seems the Hobster is one of the more popular of the IDW elements, and yeah, I'd love to see him again, too! :D

DestronMirage22 08-31-2017 12:31 AM

The Pantheon, Hob (he's certainly popular enough), Sally, Hermam, Ma'riell and her being Ch'rell's sister, Hun being Casey's father, Casey becoming the leader of the Purple Dragons, Detective Kara Lewis, Koya, Bludgeon, Alopex, older Angel, Hakk-R, Splinter running the Foot, the whole reincarnation angle, all sorts of stuff.

Utrommaniac 08-31-2017 12:39 AM

As much as I love Ma'riell (she's my freaking avatar in this moment!), I don't imagine her being worked into other incarnations. Especially when she appears to be a placeholder for Dr. Xeinos - unless IDW finds away to work her in as well. That goes for the rest of the IDW Utroms as well, like Leeshawn, Yoom and Churk. Or Kleve and Montuoro...though, that's just "Mortu" with extra letters. They've got great potential, but I don't imagine them working well outside of IDW.
Churk, maybe, as the guilt-ridden creator of the Triceratons, but other than that...

I don't see Ch'rell's personality in IDW will stick either. Changing him from the Utroms' most dangerous terrorist to their most iconic war hero is a bit of a weird shift, though I welcome it greatly.

pferreira 08-31-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Yes that certainly was a erm...unique...idea. :lol:

Vegeta 09-04-2017 03:25 PM

Hob for sure. IDW's overall tone would make for a great cartoon, one we'd never get though.