The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SDCC Exclusive Pop Funko 80's Baxter Stockman (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58081)

DonatelloFan1984 07-20-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers (Post 1700064)
Yea, When it said they were going live on the 20th I assumed that the sister exclusive site, Walmart, Gamestop, etc. would start selling them on that day. Walmart is always late on stuff though... I guess maybe after the con they may make an appearance on the site. Sucks they're online only.

Multiple funko collectors have called into Walmart's online customer service and they have zero answers as to why aquaman is up but Baxter and the other 2 are not. Baxter hasn't gone live and you haven't missed him so take heart he will be coming we just don't know when. I have been refreshing every 5 minutes for almost the past 24 hours. Even had my wife drive me to gamestop and barnes and noble earlier so I could get my other pops and so I wouldn't miss Baxter if he did pop up on the website. I have 5 down Walmarts in a 20 mile radius and none of them got them in. I also had family members in other smaller towns check their walmarts and nothing so I am going to assume that funko's website is correct in saying that these are online only.

zodach 07-21-2017 11:48 AM

Baxter is available from Walmart now:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/POP-Telev...sive/307233025

beardcore84 07-21-2017 11:57 AM

aaaaand he's sold out. I got mine, hope you all did as well!

Coro 07-21-2017 12:03 PM

This is crap!

Optimus Primer 07-21-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beardcore84 (Post 1700358)
aaaaand he's sold out. I got mine, hope you all did as well!

What??! How many did they put in stock!!?? Don't they realize the demand? Funko should just sell them in-store at Hot Topic. :tgrumble::tmad:

DonatelloFan1984 07-21-2017 12:25 PM

Took less than 8 minutes and half of the time was people not realizing it was up. Snagged one but I have been refreshing non stop since all these pops started going live a day and a half ago.

Powder 07-21-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Primer (Post 1700386)
What??! How many did they put in stock!!?? Don't they realize the demand? Funko should just sell them in-store at Hot Topic. :tgrumble::tmad:

Scalpers are the problem, not the companies producing/selling.

Unless of course they don't put a limit on these, in which case they are somewhat at fault for not taking scalper prevention into consideration. But who can blame them? We're talking about Wal-mart, here. They're just out to make a return on their investment.

Optimus Primer 07-21-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1700392)
Scalpers are the problem, not the companies producing/selling.

Unless of course they don't put a limit on these, in which case they are somewhat at fault for not taking scalper prevention into consideration. But who can blame them? We're talking about Wal-mart, here. They're just out to make a return on their investment.

There is no limit. On the Funko sub-reddit, some guy bought six to ensure "a mint box". :trolleye:

DonatelloFan1984 07-21-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Primer (Post 1700398)
There is no limit. On the Funko sub-reddit, some guy bought six to ensure "a mint box". :trolleye:

It came back up again and was gone in a flash before I could even post.

wpugh2424 07-21-2017 01:25 PM

Sob resellers

SilverNinja 07-21-2017 01:31 PM

I missed out because I had forgotten my stupid login and after I got everything squared away...it was gone and removed from my cart. In all honesty, it was probably for the best because I've been trying to cut down on Funko POPs. However he is pretty cool and I hope many of the actual fans managed to score one before they were completely sold out. I did put in for an e-mail notification in the off chance it gets replenished, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pretty bummed this one didn't get a Hot Topic release because I've been successful with them both online and in store when it comes to SDCC releases.

Coro 07-21-2017 01:40 PM

This is BS...talk about a company I hate. Walmart and playmates are waaaaay up there

tmntfannumerouno 07-21-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coro (Post 1700432)
This is BS...talk about a company I hate. Walmart and playmates are waaaaay up there

and Mcdonalds I WANT MY MCRIB BITCH

Coro 07-21-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno (Post 1700437)

Sechuan sauce for my nuggets!

DonatelloFan1984 07-21-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno (Post 1700437)

Thanks a lot. Now I want a mcrib.

Just a heads up Funko has been marking which exclusives are sold out almost as soon as they are gone. They have yet to mark Baxter as sold out and the funko site still links to the Walmart listing

Coro 07-21-2017 02:46 PM

I subscribed to this thread please post here asap if it goes up. I'll grab as many as I can and sell for 15 to dromers

wpugh2424 07-21-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coro (Post 1700493)
I subscribed to this thread please post here asap if it goes up. I'll grab as many as I can and sell for 15 to dromers

We're u able to get any ?
They were just up and I missed

drag0nfeathers 07-24-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coro (Post 1700440)
Sechuan sauce for my nuggets!

This is complete crap, but your post just made me smile so thanks Coro!

Still pissed I missed Baxter. I have been checking a couple times a day every day and still managed to miss it. I freaking hate Walmart enough as it is, but between this and Playmates sticking it to us with the SDCC Usagi I'm pretty annoyed.

If I happen to see him come back in stock I'll update the thread as well.

drag0nfeathers 07-24-2017 03:37 PM

Oh crap! He's in stock! GET EM QUICK! I literally looked 2 minutes ago and he was sold out, but it just refreshed.

EDIT: and it's out again... Geeze they need to get their act together. I THINK I got one... my order went through okay for an in store pick up, but we'll see what happens.

There is an in stock notification button on the page so I'd click that and see if walmart emails you once they are back again.

Optimus Primer 07-24-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers (Post 1701357)
Oh crap! He's in stock! GET EM QUICK! I literally looked 2 minutes ago and he was sold out, but it just refreshed.

EDIT: and it's out again... Geeze they need to get their act together. I THINK I got one... my order went through okay for an in store pick up, but we'll see what happens.

There is an in stock notification button on the page so I'd click that and see if walmart emails you once they are back again.

Nice find! Please update us if/when you get him! :tgrin: