The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes to produce new Turtles movie (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30974)

Ioz 05-27-2010 07:02 PM

Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes to produce new Turtles movie

from deadline.com:
Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

Cure 05-27-2010 07:08 PM

If this is true, then that's awesome.

Samhain 05-27-2010 07:26 PM

While I am glad this movie is still happening and things seem to be moving forward, I would have liked someone other than Bay for this movie.

Powder 05-27-2010 07:28 PM

YES! NEWS! I am so excited I screamed (in a VERY masculine way mind you!).

I won't complain about Bay, he could be very good for it.

Lord knows it could be worse!

plastroncafe 05-27-2010 07:36 PM

Producer, yes? But not director. Am I reading that right?

Archon_Turtle 05-27-2010 07:37 PM

So long as he keeps the racists characters in check, I'm good with this.

jaymq 05-27-2010 07:44 PM

"Where's Raph?"
"Right here with Michael Bay."
"Michael Bay kicks ass!"
"You are a moron and no longer my brother."

...Someone had to.

Roseangelo 05-27-2010 07:44 PM

This definitely works for me.

Koi 05-27-2010 07:52 PM

.....*fangirl squeal* I mean.... um... I can't wait for the explosions.

Can we assume it will be more darker with him in the boat?

Machias Banshee 05-27-2010 07:53 PM

Wow, definitely psyched... :D

Powder 05-27-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arella (Post 776905)
Can we assume it will be darker with him in the boat?

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u4ix00.jpg

I sure hope so!

Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas
:D I PRAY!

Koi 05-27-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 776909)
I sure hope so!

Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas Red bandanas
:D I PRAY!

I wanted pink bandannas though. Bight neon pink. But I guess red will do.

Powder 05-27-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arella (Post 776911)
I wanted pink bandannas though. Bight neon pink. But I guess red will do.

Honestly that wouldn't even bother me! I am just so beyond ready for a new TMNT flick of any kind. That isn't to say I'd prefer a more comic based movie but hey, it is what it is. I love that yesterday was the end of an era & I was bummed like hobos but NOW, the new era begins! What a blessed time for news like this!

(Don't get it twisted I may say 'lord knows' & 'blessed' but thats thanks to living in the south. I boycott this bible belt in which I dwell!)

Kendamu 05-27-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arella (Post 776905)
.....*fangirl squeal* I mean.... um... I can't wait for the explosions.

Can we assume it will be more darker with him in the boat?

At the very least, we can assume that this'll follow the adventures of a high school kid named Zack who's being chased around by the Foot for some reason he does understand. The Turtles themselves will make very few appearances until the third act. :tlol:

Oh, and April will wear yellow, but it'll be more like Faye Valentine. :trazz:

http://www.bullsharkstudios.com/img/...on/cb_faye.jpg

Koi 05-27-2010 08:19 PM

Wow... to much image.

Master Splinter 05-27-2010 08:19 PM

This is good news...

-ms

Cipher 05-27-2010 08:32 PM

Okay, on the plus side, this likely means a PG-13 movie (finally) and a chance at some major box-office dollars. In short, this could be the shot in the arm the franchise has been desperately begging for. Enough to launch more adult-oriented ancillary media (i.e. new comics) even.

On the down side, this movie will be f*cking terrible, because this man will be at the helm.

So, I don't know. I'm less psyched for the movie itself, but more psyched for the things to come out of the movie.

ToTheNines 05-27-2010 08:35 PM

Not sure how I feel about this just yet.

The cool thing is, this is the first "name" we've ever had attached to TMNT project so that's a fat bag of instant hype.

As a personal plus, my family doesn't give a sh*t about TMNT but my dad does like the first Transformers movie so this might sway him to check it out lol.

plastroncafe 05-27-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle (Post 776899)
So long as he keeps the racists characters in check, I'm good with this.

Cue April bending over a motorcycle...

Cipher 05-27-2010 08:39 PM

Oh, wait. Is ... is he just producing?

That would be fine. All of the money and hype with none of the stupid. Probably.