The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Apparently the Mutants are sterile post mutation (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=64988)

TigerClaw 05-14-2022 03:20 PM

Apparently the Mutants are sterile post mutation

I posted a question to Sophie Campbell's twitter in regards to the distinction between human and animal born mutants, and what if a human in the middle of pregnancy mutated during the mutagen bomb fallout, Would the baby be mutant born and not human or animal born?
https://twitter.com/TigerClaw305/sta...64120166170624
Quote:

@mooncalfe1
In IDW's #TMNT comics, I was wondering about something, If there's a distinction between human and animal born mutants, What if a human was pregnant during the mutagen bomb fallout, Would a baby be mutant born instead of animal or human born?
She has responded on her take, And it seems mutants are sterile in her mind.
https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...82357180342272
Quote:

I don't think I'll ever tackle this in the series, probably too heavy, but in my mind it would result in a miscarriage. Mutants are sterile.
So there you have it, Mutants can't have any children.

When I replied to her if that means mutants can't have any children, She responded to me back with this.
https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...83500983820288
Quote:

Other than Triceratons, at least, something we'll get into eventually. ;)

CyberCubed 05-14-2022 03:43 PM

Good, I guess.

Zog The Magnificent 05-14-2022 03:56 PM

It's not like it matters anyways. It's not in the comic and it has no real bearing on the plot.

neatoman 05-14-2022 03:59 PM

I don't think anyone remembers, but I have speculated this was the case before.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=62835

So yes, a future populated by the mutants is one that is doomed to go extinct in a single generation. So can you finally admit Lita's timeline is a nightmarish dystopia that should be avoided and almost certainly won't be "the" future, Tiger Claw? Sophie Campbell herself has pretty much said so by stating the mutants are sterile.

And if you won't admit that, can you at least accept that this makes Hob too villainous to be thought of having sympathetic or reasonable goals? His intent of making a world of mutants is confirmed to be an inherently unsustainable, it's would be like setting off all the world's nukes at once, except in slow motion.

The funny thing here is that Bishop, Krang and Leatherhead are more reasonable than Hob because of this because at least their thoughts of what should happen to earth won't result in a completely dead planet.

TigerClaw 05-14-2022 04:07 PM

The only way a population in the future still being mutants, Would have to result in more mutagen being used at some point, If its something that can be easily obtain, There's always the possibility that more people might get exposed down the line.

So even if mutants are sterile, More will be created artificially through the use of more mutagen.

neatoman 05-14-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1930211)
The only way a population in the future still being mutants, Would have to result in more mutagen being used at some point, If its something that can be easily obtain, There's always the possibility that more people might get exposed down the line.

So even if mutants are sterile, More will be created artificially through the use of more mutagen.

Yeah and that's an even scarier scenario, isn't it?

Coola Yagami 05-14-2022 06:01 PM

So are the turtles sterile? Like is there a difference between humans turned mutants and animals turned mutants? Like are Bebop and Rocksteady stuck shooting blanks while Mikey can still knock April up?

You know... I just thought of something. Whenever they brought up that thing of April and Casey being exposed to mutagen or whatever, sure, we can assume April rose the Ninja Turtle Train but everyone is so busy assuming Casey got some sloppy seconds, where he could have easily done it with Venus or some other random female mutant from mutant town.

TigerClaw 05-14-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1930219)
So are the turtles sterile? Like is there a difference between humans turned mutants and animals turned mutants? Like are Bebop and Rocksteady stuck shooting blanks while Mikey can still knock April up?

You know... I just thought of something. Whenever they brought up that thing of April and Casey being exposed to mutagen or whatever, sure, we can assume April rose the Ninja Turtle Train but everyone is so busy assuming Casey got some sloppy seconds, where he could have easily done it with Venus or some other random female mutant from mutant town.

Well in Sophie Campbell's mind, Mutants are sterile, So its possible the turtles too, But in a reply she did say Other than Triceratons, at least, something we'll get into eventually, Which means its possible that a turtle can impregnate a Triceraton.

ChosenOne 05-14-2022 06:26 PM

As a great man once said, life finds a way.

neatoman 05-14-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1930221)
As a great man once said, life finds a way.

And then he turned himself into a fly.

Zog The Magnificent 05-14-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1930222)
And then he turned himself into a fly.

Then he was quiet for about 32 years, before coming back and telling us that we need to coexist or die.

ChosenOne 05-14-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent (Post 1930225)
Then he was quiet for about 32 years, before coming back and telling us that we need to coexist or die.

Got a bitchin' spaceship for birthday parties, though.

Sumac 05-14-2022 08:42 PM

Ah, so they can **** as much as they want without consequences. A perfect world for furries, I presume.

Even better for the rest of humanity, since they can just wait until mutants die out.

superstaff 05-15-2022 05:07 AM

Eh. I kind of care more about Peter Laird's opinion on the subject, and based on volume 4, it seems like they can reproduce since Mikey impregnated Seri.

I don't say Eastman because I think he'd just say "sure" or "nah" interchangably...

Sumac 05-15-2022 05:11 AM

But can drawings reproduce with roaches? :lol::ohwell::lol:

neatoman 05-15-2022 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstaff (Post 1930245)
Eh. I kind of care more about Peter Laird's opinion on the subject, and based on volume 4, it seems like they can reproduce since Mikey impregnated Seri.

I don't say Eastman because I think he'd just say "sure" or "nah" interchangably...

I guess it's somewhat ambiguous if the eggs really were his though.

superstaff 05-15-2022 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1930249)
I guess it's somewhat ambiguous if the eggs really were his though.

I'd be pretty annoyed if they weren't his... Who knows, I guess. I still think they're his until it's canonized otherwise.

Andrew NDB 05-15-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstaff (Post 1930245)

Yeah, we don't know who impregnated Seri for sure. In my mind they are not, given Peter's opinions about Turtles and reproduction and "they are the last of their kind" and all in the past.

Cloudrunner 05-15-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumac (Post 1930231)
Ah, so they can **** as much as they want without consequences. A perfect world for furries, I presume.

You underestimate how popular the "breeding" fetish is. If furries had their way, the entirety of Mutant Town would just be a giant pregnado of baby churning 24/7.

Cloudrunner 05-15-2022 05:02 PM

I suppose this scenario in general is for the best though. Not even a filthy degenerate like me wants to see the cross-breed hellspawn that Raph and Alopex would produce.