The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SDCC Exclusive NECA TMNT Speculation (2019) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61417)

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-19-2019 07:31 AM

SDCC Exclusive NECA TMNT Speculation (2019)

I am thinking we will find out within the next week or so what the NECA TMNT exclusive will be this year. A new member has said that insiders told him it will be another movie box set with a character not made in 1:4 scale already (which may or may not be true).

If it is though, what do you think the fourth character will be/the accessories exclusive to the box will be? Tatsu? Splinter chained to a small piece of warehouse wall? Will this base constitute the additional accessories or be included with a future retail release? Will Raphael in his Trenchcoat be part of this set but never go to retail? Will the Foot weapons rack with additional battle axes also be exclusive to SDCC but never see retail? Discuss.

psychturtle 05-19-2019 07:54 AM

I honestly have no idea. It may be villains, it may be a mix. Maybe a 3-pack (casey, April, splinter). I’m getting it either way

Turnstone 05-19-2019 09:28 AM

It will be a movie villains in 6 inch box set including Tatsu.

Redrumh2o 05-19-2019 01:15 PM

Just give me a movie Casey and I am good forever

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-19-2019 01:18 PM

I actually want April more than Casey. These collector toys just leak out soooo slowly.

Powder 05-19-2019 05:47 PM

Shredder, two Foot, & a Tatsu. Sounds like a stupid sitcom title. :tlol:

That would be my guess, though, assuming they can get Toshishiro Obata's likeness (or work around it by making a generic, which is acceptable IMO).

tmntfannumerouno 05-19-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1806722)

That would be my guess, though, assuming they can get Toshishiro Obata's likeness (or work around it by making a generic, which is acceptable IMO).

If you add “and a pizza place” I think you may have something there. What ever happened to the Dimension X set?

teemu 05-19-2019 07:29 PM

Hopefully Casey Jones

cloud 05-19-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1806722)

If Tatsu's that half assed I rather not have it. Being NECA, I'm sure that wouldn't happen.

The SDCC exclusives are always exciting.

RicksNerdLife 05-19-2019 10:32 PM

World Turtle Day is the 23rd, Thursday.

Jus' sayin'...

ProdUK 05-20-2019 12:31 AM

I’m gonna go with Raph in disguise, Casey vs Shredder and foot.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-20-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno (Post 1806725)
If you add “and a pizza place” I think you may have something there. What ever happened to the Dimension X set?

If you're referring to tje next round of arcade figures, they're the next NYCC exclusive.

RicksNerdLife 05-20-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1806770)
If you're referring to tje next round of arcade figures, they're the next NYCC exclusive.

Who says that?

tmntfannumerouno 05-20-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1806770)

You’re probably right on that one. Either con doesn’t matter to me as long as they actually get released.

sdp 05-20-2019 01:27 PM

Didn't NECA say they wouldn't do Casey Jones? If I'm making that up then yeah I'd bet it's casey jones I just remember hearing it wasn't him on a tweet I think. Casey, Shredder, two foot and you have an exclusive set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1806801)
Who says that?

I'm not sure why you think he would say it if he didn't *KNOW* it. Nor why it sounds so incredibly out of the realm of possibility...

But he runs a little ebay store called TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER (hence the name), and he is an industry insider/scooper. You can check out his clues to see his accuracy is pretty high, and on point on past, assorted other toylines.

There will be arcade figures at NYCC.

NECA is heading it up.

Now, let's try not to be so jerky to the old guy, yeah? He's sharing cool info with you that he didn't have to. You're welcome. :roll:

RicksNerdLife 05-20-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1806809)
Didn't NECA say they wouldn't do Casey Jones? If I'm making that up then yeah I'd bet it's casey jones I just remember hearing it wasn't him on a tweet I think. Casey, Shredder, two foot and you have an exclusive set.

I'm not sure why you think he would say it if he didn't *KNOW* it. Nor why it sounds so incredibly out of the realm of possibility...

But he runs a little ebay store called TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER (hence the name), and he is an industry insider/scooper. You can check out his clues to see his accuracy is pretty high, and on point on past, assorted other toylines.

There will be arcade figures at NYCC.

NECA is heading it up.

Now, let's try not to be so jerky to the old guy, yeah? He's sharing cool info with you that he didn't have to. You're welcome. :roll:

Awwwwww, still bitter?

Or perhaps I ask that because I heard something otherwise.

Try again, and try harder.

Even sadder is that you had to go find my post to see what I said so you could copy and paste your little idiocy here. Now don't clutter another post with this nonsense.

Ya see. Maybe the problem you have with him isn't him. Maybe the problem is you.

inaheap 05-20-2019 03:58 PM

Just some food for thought on NYCC speculation. I don't think NECA has even been there since they did the Comic Villain packs. Here's hoping we get some good SDCC teasers this week!

RicksNerdLife 05-20-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaheap (Post 1806829)
Just some food for thought on NYCC speculation. I don't think NECA has even been there since they did the Comic Villain packs. Here's hoping we get some good SDCC teasers this week!

NECA will be revealing their SDCC exclusives this week. Turtles will be on Thursday for World Turtle Day.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-21-2019 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife (Post 1806801)
Who says that?

NECA announced it awhile ago.

RicksNerdLife 05-21-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1806891)
NECA announced it awhile ago.

No, they most certainly did not.

As a matter of fact, Randy even made it a point at Toy Fair to mention that the figures were put out in arcade style as a sort of red herring, and they are being done in cartoon colors for Target, instead.