The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Score (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55014)

sgtfbomb 11-26-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1641118)
Ah crud, I just remembered something: one of the LLL guys said that there were no superhero scores in the Black Friday batch. Since I think the TMNT count as superheroes to most people, I guess we won't be seeing them this month.

Yep. No Turtles this year. That Jurassic Park set does look tempting.

TheSkeletonMan939 11-27-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pferreira (Post 1642074)
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.

Well, that's half-true. Labels can express interest in releasing something and try their damnedest to do it, but ultimately it's the decision of the studios (and who knows who else) as to whether that music actually sees the light of day.

There must be five or six companies with their hands in the pie when it comes to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, for instance, which is why re-releases have been very slow to come.

pferreira 12-01-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1642668)
Well, that's half-true. Labels can express interest in releasing something and try their damnedest to do it, but ultimately it's the decision of the studios (and who knows who else) as to whether that music actually sees the light of day.

There must be five or six companies with their hands in the pie when it comes to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, for instance, which is why re-releases have been very slow to come.

Yeah I guess. I can't believe I'm waiting for a score to be released for the 1980s movie Biggles yet the OST for Emmanuelle 4 is 'popular' enough to get a release.

sgtfbomb 12-04-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pferreira (Post 1642074)
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.

Every time I or another person does that, there are a crowd of people whining and saying that we need to enjoy the scores they have released.

As an aside, I really want that Jurassic Park release, but I am waiting to get paid for the edit I just turned in. Meanwhile, all the JP fans have started pushing it. I am afraid it is going to get snatched up by people who simply want it to collect dust on their shelves. I seem to recall both Hook and 1941 selling out before I could get them. Same situation.

pferreira 12-08-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtfbomb (Post 1644121)

As an aside, I really want that Jurassic Park release, but I am waiting to get paid for the edit I just turned in. Meanwhile, all the JP fans have started pushing it. I am afraid it is going to get snatched up by people who simply want it to collect dust on their shelves. I seem to recall both Hook and 1941 selling out before I could get them. Same situation.

I remember the score to WarGames selling pretty fast.

TheSkeletonMan939 12-08-2016 08:38 AM

I wouldn't be too concerned about JP selling out anytime soon. LLL is usually pretty good at producing enough to go around (in this case, 5000 copies).

sgtfbomb 12-08-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pferreira (Post 1644947)
I remember the score to WarGames selling pretty fast.

Strange. I remember picking that one up from Intrada much later than when it was released, as I had heard of them nor bought from them until they released James Horner's score for Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

The strange thing about that WarGames release is that many of the cues actually have lyrics. An example of this is the track "History Lesson," which in the film is the cue where David is digging into Professor Falken's past. I guess these were intended as songs originally, but they wisely opted for the instrumentals. Unfortunately, the film versions weren't included, but I highly doubt this will be the last WarGames release.

Space Camp sold out fast. I was lucky to get it. But, man, I had to basically plan my schedule around those releases, which is why I eventually got exhausted because it could be a hassle sometimes.

But what is awesome about Intrada is that they are now able to extend quantities. So if people keep buying them, they can press some more. Of course, when they announced this, some were irked because not having that "special number" on the back of those CDs made their collection "less valuable," which is why I hate collectors. They care more about the allure of having it, not the music itself.

pferreira 12-15-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtfbomb (Post 1645129)
The strange thing about that WarGames release is that many of the cues actually have lyrics. An example of this is the track "History Lesson," which in the film is the cue where David is digging into Professor Falken's past. I guess these were intended as songs originally, but they wisely opted for the instrumentals. Unfortunately, the film versions weren't included, but I highly doubt this will be the last WarGames release.

That is correct. The intention was always for the song to have lyrics but it was decided by the director to go instrumental. The reason the film version wasn't included according to Intrada is that they had limited space and decided to include the complete version with the instrumental music and lyrics together as one.

Bebop87 12-19-2016 03:08 AM

I love soundtracks too, just got the tmnt 1990 movie soundtrack on vinyl and it sounds great!

Sabacooza 12-19-2016 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebop87 (Post 1647185)
I love soundtracks too, just got the tmnt 1990 movie soundtrack on vinyl and it sounds great!

Is this the orchestra soundtrack and if so, where did you get it?

Powder 12-19-2016 06:08 AM

He said soundtrack, so I'm sure he's referring to the collection of songs by artsts like Hi-Tek. The score has not been released.

Sabacooza 12-19-2016 06:38 AM

That's a bummer. I hope it gets released in the near future.

pferreira 12-22-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1647206)
He said soundtrack, so I'm sure he's referring to the collection of songs by artsts like Hi-Tek. The score has not been released.

Yeah the soundtrack had a bit of the score but it was overlaid with soundbites from the movie.

sgtfbomb 12-24-2016 08:09 PM

Except for The Shredder Suite, which features the bit at the beginning, Shredder's entrance, and what I call the "it just got real" cue, which plays when the apartment catches on fire and when they are fighting Shredder.

Skywarp82 01-03-2017 01:44 PM

Just came over this holy grail of mine and thank you for sharing it with us.. Any chance of releasing the whole TMNT2 score and the 3rd one?

Again, thank you!:tgrin:

sgtfbomb 01-05-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywarp82 (Post 1650516)
Just came over this holy grail of mine and thank you for sharing it with us.. Any chance of releasing the whole TMNT2 score and the 3rd one?

Again, thank you!:tgrin:

The OP hasn't been back since he posted these. At least one person tried to acquire a copy of his tapes, but last we heard, they never turned up. It is speculated that this may be a leak from a future CD release from possibly La La Land Records, but that is just educated conjecture at this point. M

Skywarp82 01-06-2017 03:00 AM

Awesome!!!

Wow.. So awesome.. Thanks alot man.. Please release the 3rd score and the rest of the 2nd if you can..

I'll be doing some custom front covers for people who wants them..

Skywarp82 01-06-2017 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtfbomb (Post 1651281)
The OP hasn't been back since he posted these. At least one person tried to acquire a copy of his tapes, but last we heard, they never turned up. It is speculated that this may be a leak from a future CD release from possibly La La Land Records, but that is just educated conjecture at this point. M

I'm hoping La La are relasing it.. I mentioned this to Varese Sarabrande and they said, great suggestion, but everytime i write them it feels like it's a robot who answers...

TheSkeletonMan939 01-06-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywarp82 (Post 1651365)
I'm hoping La La are relasing it.. I mentioned this to Varese Sarabrande and they said, great suggestion, but everytime i write them it feels like it's a robot who answers...

It probably is, or it's their form response to requests because they can't confirm or deny anything.
Varese Sarabande is more often than not in the business of producing soundtracks to newer films (as in, just came out in theaters) than older ones.

But La-La Land is most assuredly on the job, I'd expect a release either this year or 2018.

Spitfire 01-06-2017 07:55 AM

Well they did a vinyl of the original soundtrack in Spain apparently.

Pretty nifty. I wonder if Mondo will ever do a release of the scores for the first two films. Seems like something that is right up their alley.