The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Trump actually impeached??? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=62149)

Coola Yagami 12-18-2019 08:17 PM

Trump actually impeached???
 
Is this for real? Did this really happen? What happens now? Does he really step down from office? How will this affect the country?

Andrew NDB 12-18-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1829561)
Is this for real? Did this really happen? What happens now? Does he really step down from office? How will this affect the country?

No effect whatsoever. Senate has to rule on it and... guess who controls the Senate?

Leo656 12-18-2019 08:24 PM

It doesn't.

"Impeachment" is a process, not a singular event. Bill Clinton was impeached; nothing happened.

Most sane people predict that, like Clinton, Trump will spin the "Witch Hunt" scenario into even greater popularity among people who already support him. 4 More Years is looking more likely than ever, no matter how anyone feels about it. He'll be "The Guy They Tried And Failed To Bring Down" and his fans will go nuts over it. Clinton would have won a third term after his impeachment if they'd allow it.

Also, what Andrew said. Won't get past the Senate.

Also also... this sh*t's gonna be locked in like 5 minutes, bruh. :lol:

Now you got me curious, but where are you from, exactly? Just wondering.

turtle1237 12-18-2019 08:26 PM

So the Dems impeached him? Big deal, its not going to matter when the Senate says no.

Leo656 12-18-2019 08:27 PM

Thank goodness for a system of checks and balances.

Sh*tcanning any President during a period of record-low unemployment and record-high job growth would be a terrible, terrible, terrible idea no matter how unpopular he is on Twitter.

Coola Yagami 12-18-2019 08:27 PM

I figured as most of us are Americans here, they should leave this topic alone. It's kinda more important to know how this might affect the country most of us live in that cartoon martial arts animals.

Andrew NDB 12-18-2019 08:27 PM

They have no way to remove him from office. They know they will never get the votes in the Senate to convict him of anything (probably because there's no actual evidence, only feelings and 2nd hand hearsay) so this is just a song and dance to show the dems' constituents that "Look! We're TRYING to get him, like you wanted us to!"

IndigoErth 12-18-2019 08:30 PM

In before it's locked... But yeah, no way is the Senate gonna kick him out. So neither opposing side is going to fully get its way (Really? This is what we get middle ground on?), but Trump will have to just have to deal with this fact.

But I almost want to grab the popcorn in prep for his rants, because I'm sure he's probably blowing his lid as we speak.

turtle1237 12-18-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1829568)
They have no way to remove him from office. They know they will never get the votes in the Senate to convict him of anything (probably because there's no actual evidence, only feelings and 2nd hand hearsay) so this is just a song and dance to show the dems' constituents that "Look! We're TRYING to get him, like you wanted us to!"

Don't really what to get into Trump politics, because that can turn heated(OR anything about politics can) but as you said, there is no actual evidence. Just hurt feelings and hearsay and yes making stuff up in some regard.

Leo656 12-18-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1829567)
I figured as most of us are Americans here, they should leave this topic alone. It's kinda more important to know how this might affect the country most of us live in that cartoon martial arts animals.

Oh, okay, I wasn't sure if you were from here, your original post left it vague.

Also, no. The Mods are generally very liberal, and while I count most/all of them as friends, even on a personal level, they will not allow anyone who's not 100% against The Orange Goblin to have a voice, if for no other reason than it upsets the people here who are Hard Left. I don't like it but it's their show and not mine so they can run it as they feel like.

Coola Yagami 12-18-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1829572)
Oh, okay, I wasn't sure if you were from here, your original post left it vague.

Also, no. The Mods are generally very liberal, and while I count most/all of them as friends, even on a personal level, they will not allow anyone who's not 100% against The Orange Goblin to have a voice, if for no other reason than it upsets the people here who are Hard Left. I don't like it but it's their show and not mine so they can run it as they feel like.

Oh no, I was against both candidates from the start, Hillary cause of her dealings and Trump because he's basically like putting Homer Simpson in the White House. When he won the election I was honestly surprised the Cashme Ousside Girl was somehow not vice president.

I'm one of the few (it seems) that sees we were screwed both ways and the sole reason Trump won was a mixture between people not wanting a woman in the White House at all, and the fact that they couldn't have picked a worst possible woman to be running if they tried. I mean dude, c'mon. Not even Bill wants any of that.

It was damn if ya do, damn if ya don't, and there was literally no way enough Americans would vote for an independent third party to shock the country and actually win over the DemoPublicans.

In fact.... when was the last time an independent party won? Has an independent party EVER won?

turtle1237 12-18-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1829574)
Oh no, I was against both candidates from the start, Hillary cause of her dealings and Trump because he's basically like putting Homer Simpson in the White House. When he won the election I was honestly surprised the Cashme Ousside Girl was somehow not vice president.

I'm one of the few (it seems) that sees we were screwed both ways and the sole reason Trump won was a mixture between people not wanting a woman in the White House at all, and the fact that they couldn't have picked a worst possible woman to be running if they tried. I mean dude, c'mon. Not even Bill wants any of that.

It was damn if ya do, damn if ya don't, and there was literally no way enough Americans would vote for an independent third party to shock the country and actually win over the DemoPublicans.

In fact.... when was the last time an independent party won? Has an independent party EVER won?

The 2 parties have way to much control to let a independent party to even stand a chance. In order to be President, you pretty much have to be in 1 party or the other.

Leo656 12-18-2019 08:47 PM

I'm from NJ, and the only reason anyone from out of state comes here is to go to the beach or gamble at Trump casinos and stay in Trump hotels. He's generated billions of dollars for my state's economy over the last few decades.

He's a carny and a schyster but he manages to put coin in lots of peoples' pockets besides just his own, so although I'd never vote, period, he don't bother me. I have family in Atlantic City; whole place is a bright neon sewer BUT I can't argue that his existence has improved my family's quality of life in some way. So I ain't mad at him.

Andrew NDB 12-18-2019 10:33 PM

I don't think most of the anti-Hillary fervor had much to do with her gender. I actually voted for her, with great reluctance, but I wouldn't if I had to do it again, and I certainly can't back any of the democrats in the batch that's being groomed. Tulsi Gabbard, if anyone.

Leo656 12-18-2019 10:42 PM

I am officially not allowed to say exactly what I think about Hillary out loud. I can't believe the thread's still open as it is, but it would be nuked in fifteen seconds for sure. Plus it's already been said, anyway.

Not necessarily saying she's any better or worse than the average politician, mind you. But she's definitely barely human. That's as nice as I can be.

Andrew NDB 12-18-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1829586)
I am officially not allowed to say exactly what I think about Hillary out loud. I can't believe the thread's still open as it is, but it would be nuked in fifteen seconds for sure.

Yeah, they were pretty quick to zip in here the moment the Russia thing became an "oops, nevermind."

Anyway, in a nutshell:

https://i.ibb.co/qRwPtKk/imp.jpg

The chances of there being 20 Republican senators voting to remove him from office is exactly 0. Less so with as transparently partisan as the house has been playing things so far.

Though I was thinking... the house may be up to something here. Some want a trial, some want to quickly dismiss the whole thing. Right now, I’m more focused on Pelosi being asked when will they send it to the Senate, and her response being "we’ll see." What happens if she never sends it? What happens if she takes awhile to send it? She says they have to wait until the Senate sets up the trial rules. Could be nothing more than semantics. But what if she doesn’t like the rules the Senate sets up? That’s what I’m thinking about right now. Also remember, the House says they passed that Mexico Canada trade deal, but wouldn’t actually do it until after the House Impeachment. I wonder if she has any leverage by holding it up as far as influence in the Senate.

But maybe not. I think they'll draw it out just long enough to make him look "bad" before they look stupid, and then just wave it around come election time. "How can you support him? This is a president who has been IMPEACHED!!!!!" etc., on the campaign trail. And then some "Republicans just protected him! BAD republicans! They didn't want to acknowledge all the 'evidence' we gathered!" will be weaved into the narrative.

Stephen 12-19-2019 07:04 AM

He seems to overreact if he's not in any danger of being kicked out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50840934

Quote:

During the House debates, Mr Trump tweeted several times, calling the Democratic arguments "ATROCIOUS LIES BY THE RADICAL LEFT" and an "ASSAULT ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!!".

At his Michigan rally, he told supporters: "The Democrats are declaring their deep hatred and disdain for the American voter.

"They've been trying to impeach me from day one. They've been trying to impeach me from before I ran."

Vegita-San 12-19-2019 07:11 AM

he's honestly not wrong.


I remember the day he was elected. someone more level headed on my facebook page actually had to sooth people over saying 'it's alright, the sun is still rising today'...

I will never understand the absolute fear of this man that some people have of him. it makes 0 sense the level of insanity that one guy has produced.

at least he's a buisness man and has some qualifications of running things.


Now, if say a Kardashian had won the election, I'd be ALOT more worried.

Cloudrunner 12-19-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1829607)
He seems to overreact if he's not in any danger of being kicked out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50840934

To be fair he reacts the same way anyone runs a bad story on the news about him. Say what you want about his qualifications as president (hell, I voted for him), but he acts like a child on twitter.

Andrew NDB 12-19-2019 09:26 AM

"Trump says dumb things"/"Trump posted something crazy on Twitter again!"/"Can you believe what Trump just said?!" = white noise at this point. Who cares?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.