The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT Shredder in Hell #3 Preview & Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61384)

AlZarkovski 05-07-2019 02:12 AM

TMNT Shredder in Hell #3 Preview & Discussion

First look:

Igglet 05-07-2019 04:25 AM

https://media.tenor.com/images/76fb4...a1c2/tenor.gif

I'm so excited, this series has been my favorite mini since Secret History of the Foot Clan so far, Mateus knows what he's doing.

ProphetofGanja 05-09-2019 04:54 PM

Hell yeah, this is gonna be tight

Utrommaniac 05-09-2019 05:01 PM

Shredder in Hell, Or:

Redeemer 05-09-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1805527)

lol that gif is hilarious and true :lol:

Igglet 05-10-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1805813)
lol that gif is hilarious and true :lol:

Thought it fit well. :lol:

bushido 05-14-2019 05:22 AM

Full preview here.

ChosenOne 05-14-2019 07:33 AM

Is it me, or does that thing on Cover B look a lot like Archie Null's final form?

AquaParade 05-14-2019 09:56 AM

I feel like it can be a true challenge to try write an engaging story-line that takes place over four issues of a character self-reflecting and hallucinating in hell. It sort of scares me away from checking this book out, despite just how awesome "Shredder in Hell" sounds as a title.

For that reason alone, I've yet to check out the book, but I may when it is all said and done, because if nothing else, it should be entertaining based on the artwork alone.

Igglet 05-14-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1806170)
I feel like it can be a true challenge to try write an engaging story-line that takes place over four issues of a character self-reflecting and hallucinating in hell. It sort of scares me away from checking this book out, despite just how awesome "Shredder in Hell" sounds as a title.

For that reason alone, I've yet to check out the book, but I may when it is all said and done, because if nothing else, it should be entertaining based on the artwork alone.

I feel like the series will absolutely be captivating, and it's certainly done a good job at establishing the afterlife while staying mysterious, but I feel like making Saki sympathetic without forcing him to do a complete 180 will be a challenge. So far, I'm not feeling him too much, though I assume that'll change soon.

daggio 05-14-2019 02:17 PM

If reading the IDW series has shown anything, it's that the characters do not stay static in their characterizations. They grow and change, just like in real life. And Shredder is no exception. It looks like the wheels are in motion for him to be an ally of the Turtles (maybe even replacing Splinter in that role should he die shortly). I'm not a huge fan of Shredder becoming a full-fledged ally (maybe he'll be more like Hob) but it definitely creates some interesting story telling in the years to come....or maybe if and when Karai takes over the Foot, he'll be her Chunin.

Igglet 05-15-2019 09:09 AM

I find it kind of funny how I've stopped even thinking about commenting on the art or the action because Mateus is doing so damn well that I don't even feel like there's any need to point it out.

Spoiler:
F in the chat for my boy Yoshi. What's depressing is, if the story takes place post-Yoshi dying in the main ongoing (if that ends up happening and I don't get banned), then this might chronologically be the last we ever see of Splinter.

Fun issue, #1 is still my favorite though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-15-2019 12:20 PM

I liked that this issue felt a little more straightforward than the end of the previous issue.

LOVE the Dragon's design, too... very evocative of the Shredder.

I'm also still absolutely 100% convinced that Splinter dies in the ongoing, and chooses to come help Saki in this series rather than embrace the peaceful afterlife he has earned.

Utrommaniac 05-15-2019 12:21 PM

So...we would basically have watched him die twice by the time that rolls around?

ChosenOne 05-15-2019 12:22 PM

In the words of the late, great David Carradine's masterfully acted Bill: "It all sssuddenly ssseems ssso clear."

Igglet 05-15-2019 12:58 PM

In other words, I might not get banned. Hoooray.

daggio 05-15-2019 03:13 PM

This issue reminded me a little of Dragonball Z. Besides the little exchange of energy blasts between Saki and Tatsuo, the fact that the Dragon needs both Saki and Tatsuo to be whole again (if I'm understanding this correctly) reminds me of Cell needing Androids 17 & 18 in order to become complete.

ChosenOne 05-15-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggio (Post 1806317)
This issue reminded me a little of Dragonball Z. Besides the little exchange of energy blasts between Saki and Tatsuo, the fact that the Dragon needs both Saki and Tatsuo to be whole again (if I'm understanding this correctly) reminds me of Cell needing Androids 17 & 18 in order to become complete.

Don't forget the whole Buu debacle, including/especially the recent developments in the Super manga.

CyberCubed 05-15-2019 05:41 PM

Good issue. I have no idea what's going on, the story is lost on me, (I'm sure the final issues will make more sense when it comes to a close), but it's good.

martinitolove 05-16-2019 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1806297)
LOVE the Dragon's design, too... very evocative of the Shredder.

So now we know that the toon2003 foot emblem is no a stylized foot sign, but the IDW dragon sign! Fantastic!!!

The art is great, storytelling medium, so far. I hope the last two issues will bring more order in the current chaos. But I'm enjoying the spin-off and like to watch Mattheus develop himself! Like Sophie Campbell - making steps from artist to writer. It's wonderfull to realize the development of the TMNT IDW series and of the creators behind it!!!

Keep it this way and continue with the numbering after #100! :tgrin: