The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   a Kevin Eastman cameo in OotS; yes or no? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55292)

playmate 05-23-2016 07:48 AM

a Kevin Eastman cameo in OotS; yes or no?

Cowabunga!
A question for fans who have actually seen the new sequel; I figure the only way I can remain spoiler free is to create this new thread.
Yes, I acknowledge his 'Doctor' cameo in the 2014 movie was cut from the theatrical release (and best I can figure, there are no stills/clips that illustrate this deleted scene- though if a fellow 'dromer can include links to any online, I'd love to see this).
Even if it’s an uncredited second or two of screentime, can anyone who has actually seen ‘Out of the Shadows’ comment if he is indeed visible?
Thanks in advance.

TigerClaw 05-23-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playmate (Post 1581561)
Cowabunga!
A question for fans who have actually seen the new sequel; I figure the only way I can remain spoiler free is to create this new thread.
Yes, I acknowledge his 'Doctor' cameo in the 2014 movie was cut from the theatrical release (and best I can figure, there are no stills/clips that illustrate this deleted scene- though if a fellow 'dromer can include links to any online, I'd love to see this).
Even if it’s an uncredited second or two of screentime, can anyone who has actually seen ‘Out of the Shadows’ comment if he is indeed visible?
Thanks in advance.

I heard Judith Hoag's cameo wasn't in the movie, so her scene must've been cut.

Galactus 05-23-2016 11:26 AM

I haven't seen it but I can't imagine there is a Kevin Eastman cameo.

He's said he's not as involved with the sequel and he doesn't seem to be doing much promotion of it. In fact I'm surprised he wasn't at the premier.

RETTEB SNATAS 05-23-2016 07:41 PM

Ive spoken to a few people tonight that saw the film and they did not see Eastman in it. Unfortunately. That's a bummer. God knows we've all seen our share of Stan cameos.

Andrew NDB 05-24-2016 11:30 AM

While he may or may not be in the film, Kevin Eastman did pass this along in a press release:

"I have seen TMNT: Out of the Shadows and it is the best TMNT movie of all time! I promise you."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-24-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1582230)
While he may or may not be in the film, Kevin Eastman did pass this along in a press release:

"I have seen TMNT: Out of the Shadows and it is the best TMNT movie of all time! I promise you."

Uh huh. Says the man who wrote "Bodycount."

Still, though, I can see where he's coming from. I don't think there's been an iteration of TMNT that Kevin hasn't liked regardless of quality, much like many of the members of this humble 'Drome.

RETTEB SNATAS 05-24-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1582230)

Is there a link for where he said that? Are there more comments about the film from him?

Bry 05-24-2016 01:25 PM

A Kevin Eastman cameo? No way. They need to save their cameo time for the people TMNT fans really care about: basketball players and supermodels!

TrickOrTreater 05-24-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1582305)
A Kevin Eastman cameo? No way. They need to save their cameo time for the people TMNT fans really care about: basketball players and supermodels!

Couldn't even manage to keep the Judith Hoag cameo in.

Couldn't even do THAT.

But left in some basketball player I don't care about.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-24-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bry (Post 1582305)

Come for the Alessandra Ambrosio, stay for the Megan Fox.

Or, if you will, come for the Stephen Amell, stay for the Will Arnett.

RETTEB SNATAS 05-24-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1582311)

I'd gladly come for Alessandra Ambrosio, Megan.. not so much

If this is true it would be the second time they've cut an original creator out of the film. Which is pretty ******, did he ever say he was in the sequel?

Etsyturtle2 05-24-2016 01:48 PM

Mew might have come for Megan Fox, but then again, he changes his mind like he changes his avatar, so....

Bry 05-24-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1582311)

https://media0.giphy.com/media/iVICEZJgKwq40/giphy.gif

Andrew NDB 05-24-2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RETTEB SNATAS (Post 1582288)
Is there a link for where he said that? Are there more comments about the film from him?

I made that up. But he probably said it.

CyberCubed 05-24-2016 02:12 PM

Kevin has always let people do whatever they want with the TMNT franchise. He's never been as protective of it as Peter is.

If we get a future TMNT incarnation where the Turtles were human teenagers before mutation and aren't even regular pet store turtles, Kevin would be fine with that too.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-24-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1582339)
Kevin has always let people do whatever they want with the TMNT franchise. He's never been as protective of it as Peter is.

If we get a future TMNT incarnation where the Turtles were human teenagers before mutation and aren't even regular pet store turtles, Kevin would be fine with that too.

Terrifyingly accurate.

CyberCubed 05-24-2016 02:22 PM

Keep in mind Bay's original intention was to have the Turtles be aliens from an alien Turtle planet, and Shredder was going to be a white man Eric Sachs instead of Oroku Saki.

It was the huge internet backlash that made them re-write the 2014 movie script.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-24-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1582354)
Keep in mind Bay's original intention was to have the Turtles be aliens from an alien Turtle planet, and Shredder was going to be a white man Eric Sachs instead of Oroku Saki.

It was the huge internet backlash that made them re-write the 2014 movie script.

Eastman woulda been fine with that, too.

Actually, Shredder was an alien posing as Eric Sachs... or maybe he was a former human who'd been modified with alien genes. The Blue Door script was a little unclear on that.

CyberCubed 05-24-2016 02:26 PM

I only wish the backlash against the nostrils would have been as strong. Although I have to admit the Turtles faces do look a lot better in this sequel than the first film. They remodeled Mikey's face especially.

RETTEB SNATAS 05-24-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1582360)
Eastman woulda been fine with that, too.

Actually, Shredder was an alien posing as Eric Sachs... or maybe he was a former human who'd been modified with alien genes. The Blue Door script was a little unclear on that.

I think he was an Alien posing as a military style general or something. General Schrader or something :lol:

I actually would of preferred to see that script play out than what actually came to be.