The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TMNT: Out of the Shadows - Coming This Summer (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=41586)

Slap-Happy 03-04-2013 09:14 AM

TMNT: Out of the Shadows - Coming This Summer
 
From Digital Spy:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows has been announced by Activision.

The downloadable title will be available on Xbox Live Arcade, PSN and PC download service Steam this summer.

Inspired by the Nickelodeon animated series, the third-person brawler features a "hyper-realistic 3D-style", "true-to-life" environments and a combo-driven battle system.

Four-player online co-op sees players control Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael as they attempt to defeat the Foot Clan in New York City.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will be developed by Red Fly Studio, the team behind Thor: God of Thunder and the Wii ports of Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

Read more ad check out the trailer: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...#ixzz2MaHVPXMN

TurtleTitan97 03-04-2013 09:35 AM

Awesome! Can't wait for this! :)

The Stryker 03-04-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slap-Happy (Post 1067496)
From Digital Spy:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows has been announced by Activision.

The downloadable title will be available on Xbox Live Arcade, PSN and PC download service Steam this summer.

Inspired by the Nickelodeon animated series, the third-person brawler features a "hyper-realistic 3D-style", "true-to-life" environments and a combo-driven battle system.

Four-player online co-op sees players control Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael as they attempt to defeat the Foot Clan in New York City.

Sounds good to me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slap-Happy (Post 1067496)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will be developed by Red Fly Studio, the team behind Thor: God of Thunder and the Wii ports of Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

Aw. So close.

chrisdude 03-04-2013 09:46 AM

Just saw this. How is it inspired by the Nickelodeon series when these are the BUTT UGLIEST turtles I have ever seen? They're absolutely hideous.

Cure 03-04-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slap-Happy (Post 1067496)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will be developed by Red Fly Studio, the team behind Thor: God of Thunder and the Wii ports of Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

Goddamn it.

MrTMNT2012 03-04-2013 11:33 AM

YES! Looks Perfect IMO, it's like a mix between the Nickelodeon Series and the New Action Figures. The Foot Soldiers look exactly the same as the Nick Cartoon.

Pretty much exactly what I expected from a New TMNT Game :) Can't wait.

chrisdude 03-04-2013 11:40 AM

What action figures make the turtles look like monsters with nostrils and plaque psoriasis?

hitmonkey 03-04-2013 12:01 PM

I need to see some decent pictures before I fully condemn those character designs.

NinjaMan 03-04-2013 12:05 PM

Interesting would love to team up with you guys on ps3

MrTMNT2012 03-04-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdude (Post 1067549)
What action figures make the turtles look like monsters with nostrils and plaque psoriasis?

What is bothering you so much? Is it the nostrils? Or the fact that they look like monsters? They are SUPPOSED To be giant mutant freaks, what did you expect?

I'd agree the sudden change in style from the Show may be off putting but come on, it's the perfect blend of the IDW Comics and The Nick Show!

IMO, it's a great update :)

chrisdude 03-04-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 (Post 1067582)
What is bothering you so much? Is it the nostrils? Or the fact that they look like monsters? They are SUPPOSED To be giant mutant freaks, what did you expect?

I'd agree the sudden change in style from the Show may be off putting but come on, it's the perfect blend of the IDW Comics and The Nick Show!

IMO, it's a great update :)

You're absolutely entitled to like it. I just don't think it looks much like anything I've seen. IDW, Nick or elsewhere.

hitmonkey 03-04-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 (Post 1067582)
What is bothering you so much? Is it the nostrils? Or the fact that they look like monsters? They are SUPPOSED To be giant mutant freaks, what did you expect?

I'd agree the sudden change in style from the Show may be off putting but come on, it's the perfect blend of the IDW Comics and The Nick Show!

IMO, it's a great update :)

I will say this, I'm glad to see that they have actual elbow and knee pads rather than those ratty bandages they always get in the IDW series.

Candy Kappa 03-04-2013 12:43 PM

The designs can grow on me, I suppose. But Red Fly Studio?

Ouch...

Vi11AiN6 03-04-2013 01:01 PM

Good look
 
I for one like the look, they look fairly realistic (not too toony ala Nick).

Sucks this is a downloadable game and not the full version. I have an Xbox360 but not Xbox live.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU 03-04-2013 01:13 PM

I wish there was a high-res version of the trailer. From what I can make out, these seem to be a bit more realistic looking Turtles. Can someone try to make some screencaps from it?

Yorae 03-04-2013 01:19 PM

I have.... mixed feelings about this.. and Raph's face creeped me out.

the fixer 03-04-2013 01:22 PM

Finally! A Turtles game I can play on the Playstation 3!

Dude, you just made my day! :trazz:

ToTheNines 03-04-2013 01:30 PM

Download only? Not on Wii?

No go for me.

Zulithe 03-04-2013 01:49 PM

Yay, Steam version :)

The trailer looked decent enough. Keeping expectations in check but i'm still stoked for this.

Can anyone find a better quality trailer though? To not release an HD trailer in this day in age is an insult. That video quality is garbage.

*edit*

FOUND, 720p below



http://i.imgur.com/S6Npmxy.jpg

I'm not getting the impression that this is based on the Nick show at all, despite the description. Will still buy.

MrTMNT2012 03-04-2013 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a high quality image of the 4 Turtles in the Game:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.