The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

TheCanadiandrome 03-21-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1074045)
Hopefully they'll re-issue it with a different kind of packaging. One that's more reasonable, and can actually fit on a shelf the way regular packaging for DVD sets do.

A Technodrome :lol: :lol: :P

Storm Eagle 03-21-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwydion (Post 1074382)
Aw crud, I still haven't gotten my hands on it - only found out about it a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping to hold off until June when I would have a little extra cash.

This is the only place that still has it in stock as far as I know, but I must warn you it's kind of expensive. If it's any consolation though, there's a service offered that enables you to buy things from the site on credit.
http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/TEEN...COLLECTION-SET

I really hope they plan on re-issuing it though. They sure stopped publication of it rather fast. I'll just have to take damn good care of mine.

TheCanadiandrome 03-21-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1074485)
I really hope they plan on re-issuing it though. They sure stopped publication of it rather fast. I'll just have to take damn good care of mine.

That's easy for me :D

Any way, those yet to have bought this, there's always eBay

Gwydion 03-24-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1074485)
This is the only place that still has it in stock as far as I know, but I must warn you it's kind of expensive. If it's any consolation though, there's a service offered that enables you to buy things from the site on credit.
http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/TEEN...COLLECTION-SET

Thanks for the link! Luckily $80 isn't THAT big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, so it's not a huge bummer to have to get it now. I'm still mad at myself for not having found out this came out last year (seriously, how did I miss this?), but it is what it is.

the_minimizer 04-06-2013 04:36 PM

It's unavailable on that site too.

DVD 04-06-2013 04:55 PM

I saw it available on the TRU site yesterday .
It is also on the amazon.co.uk site as a US import, so they must ave some as well.

Edit. Scratch that. Sold out . Sorry.

the_minimizer 04-07-2013 05:26 PM

What's the URL for the TRU site? Amazon.co.uk says the box set is unavailable as well. I wish I hadn't missed this.

Jester 04-07-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_minimizer (Post 1080981)
What's the URL for the TRU site?

www.toysrus.com

:roll:

Redemption 04-09-2013 05:32 PM

These are hitting $150 on ebay. These will be super expensive once they are gone. Glad I got mine when I did. You cant find them anywhere. All sold out.

ToSte 04-09-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1080982)

I wouldn't presume everybody knows TRU = Toys R Us.

MikeyISbest 04-09-2013 06:52 PM

Really need to buy a multi region dvd player....Then the possablities would be endless.

Until then im stuck with maybe half the amount of episodes

Jephael 04-09-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redemption (Post 1081894)
These are hitting $150 on ebay. These will be super expensive once they are gone. Glad I got mine when I did. You cant find them anywhere. All sold out.

Wow, that's a little unexpected. I actually expected the price to come down over time. I thought for sure they had made enough copies for all the fans out there.

Kevin G 04-09-2013 08:22 PM

Despite the discs being housed inside a replica of the Turtle Van Toy, I find it odd how many people complained how the discs were situated and now it goes for a lot of money on ebaY. For $150, are people paying for the same discs found in the individual releases or the Turtle Van Toy ?

Kevin G 04-09-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1074045)
Hopefully they'll re-issue it with a different kind of packaging. One that's more reasonable, and can actually fit on a shelf the way regular packaging for DVD sets do.

If they do I hope they release it on Blu-ray, but knowing how studios aren't too keen about releasing older shows on the Blu-ray format I highly doubt it.

Redemption 04-11-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin G (Post 1081986)
If they do I hope they release it on Blu-ray, but knowing how studios aren't too keen about releasing older shows on the Blu-ray format I highly doubt it.

I bet money Lionsgate wont release this on Blu Ray. This has ran its course. They wont make anymore.

TheCanadiandrome 04-11-2013 12:35 AM

To beat a dead horse, the need to release the 4Kids series

gobo 04-11-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1082517)
To beat a dead horse, the need to release the 4Kids series

Unless they're gonna give it the same respect as the Marvel DTVs, Lionsgate shouldn't have anything to do with 2K3. :sweatdro:

DVD 04-11-2013 05:42 AM

Watching the series from state to finish, and into the European vacation, with the Turtle dudes in Venice!
Loving it.
The 2K3 series could get a release but I think the rights have been exhausted from LG. I read somewhere that Nick have all rights to all video releases from now on.
I can see them concentrating on their own show for the foreseeable future.
Back to the van. Really great set that I really am enjoying watching again.

TheCanadiandrome 04-11-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD (Post 1082561)
The 2K3 series could get a release but I think the rights have been exhausted from LG. I read somewhere that Nick have all rights to all video releases from now on.
I can see them concentrating on their own show for the foreseeable future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 1082543)
Unless they're gonna give it the same respect as the Marvel DTVs, Lionsgate shouldn't have anything to do with 2K3. :sweatdro:

oh well. who knows

Kevin G 04-23-2013 09:53 AM

If Nickelodeon has the rights to the 2003 series, then it's a pretty safe bet that they won't release a complete box set of the series. We all know how they handle their older shows series when it comes to DvD... they don't and they pretty much suck when it comes to it...

For example... the Ren & Stimpy DvD's are labeled uncut on the boxes when they are actually the "edited" versions of the episodes.

While not live action, they never released season three of The Adventures of Pete & Pete, the season three DvD's are made but they and are now collecting dust in a warehouse.

We only got season one of Clarissa Explains It All... what happened to the other four seasons ?

They had to get a DvD company to release to their older programs.

The stop motion SpongeBob SquarePants Christmas special was suppose to be released on Blu-ray but Nick canceled on it the last minute.

Shout Factory! Handles the DvD's of the older Nickelodeon shows (I'm hoping they eventually release Doug, Rugrats, Invader Zim (with the special features) and proper Ren and Stimpy episodes, but so far Shout Factory! hasn't announced any other seasons to their Nickelodeon shows or what other shows they will be releasing. It may be that sales weren't promising enough... I don't know but I really would be upset since I still need to get the complete series of Rocko's Modern Life and the DvD sets of Hey Arnold!, AAAHHH!!! Real Monsters and Angry Beavers).

If they do release the complete 2003 series on DvD, then it will be trough Shout Facotry!

Kevin G 04-23-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redemption (Post 1082507)
I bet money Lionsgate wont release this on Blu Ray. This has ran its course. They wont make anymore.

Maybe it's a pipe dream... but next year the Turtles will be turning 30. If Playmates and Nick plan on doing something special then maybe Liongates or Shout Factory! might release the show on Blu-ray to coincided with the anniversary. If so, then I would imagine it be just volume one as opposed to the Turtle Van set.

TheCanadiandrome 04-23-2013 11:11 AM

Who knows, I could see something good being cooked up for next year

pferreira 04-25-2013 07:38 AM

I think Timelife should release the original series on DVD. They've done a good job in the past with other shows.

John Pannozzi 04-25-2013 11:37 AM

I recall hearing that TMNT 2003 is too big a property for Nick to license through Shout!, same with SpongeBob, Fairly OddParents, Rugrats and Last Airbender. I hope it gets a proper DVD rerelease in the future somehow.

Barry the Nomad 05-06-2013 08:08 AM

I just picked this set up at Toys R Us over the weekend for $70 - used a "$10 off any purchase of $50 or more" coupon.

I was actually waiting until later to pick this up, it was on my Amazon wish list since it released, but the sudden disappearance of the set from all online retailers, and the price rocketing up to $150+ on ebay, lead me to run out to TRU where I recalled seeing three on the shelves a month ago. Thank goodness they still had two left, and I picked the better of the two (one had a window sticker that was misaligned). If anybody lives in South East Pennsylvania, hit up the TRU in Willow Grove. They have one left! As long as a slightly crooked sticker on the van doesn't bother you. :twink:

Storm Eagle 05-06-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad (Post 1093329)
I just picked this set up at Toys R Us over the weekend for $70 - used a "$10 off any purchase of $50 or more" coupon.

Kudos to you. :)

Rat A Tat 05-12-2013 10:17 AM

As I hadn't been lurking the boards in the past few months, I didn't hear about this release until a week or so ago. Luckily enough, I did some hunting on Friday afternoon and managed to procure one of these at a nearby TRU. Much gratitude to those mentioning TRU earlier in the thread, as I probably wouldn't have even thought of looking there without the suggestion.

I gotta say I really dig the packaging. I wouldn't want "unshelfable" packaging for a ton of my media purchases, but for my favorite properties like TMNT, I'm all about it. It looks nice sitting on top of my DVD tower (pic spoiler tagged below).

I'm not too worried about disc damage, as I'll most likely end up ripping the discs to my media drive and streaming to my PS3 when I want to watch them. Though if I were to go on a series marathon viewing via the physical discs, I think this leads to a much cleaner experience (at least in theory). You can just set this collection next to your player, pop the top off, and switch from one disc to another and you play through them, as opposed to having a sizable stack of conventional disc cases.

While I am disappointed about the lack of new content in this set and the episode order not being corrected, I'm ultimately happy to own it.

Oh, and I definitely took the van for a drive around the the living room floor while singing the theme song. :)

Storm Eagle 05-12-2013 10:45 AM

I still have to keep my set in its original box, and I keep the box on one of the spaces on the shelf since there's still room on it. If I took it out of the box and had it on the top of the shelf, my cat would probably knock it down, and the casing and the discs would most likely get screwed up and I don't want that.