The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Gaming News (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36729)

Ninjinister 02-12-2012 11:15 AM

Why the flip does Sonic need a car? Part 2 - Because it's awesome

http://kotaku.com/5884388/start-your...-racing-sequel

A sequel to the surprisingly good Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (many, myself included, preferred it over Mario Kart Wii) has been confirmed. One can only hope it's as good, if not better, than the original. Hopefully they'll get even more obscure with the roster, and maybe this time actually get Segata Sanshiro in.

Brodie 02-12-2012 01:50 PM

Sold, and sold.

Samhain 02-12-2012 01:52 PM

Sounds promising.

Zany Orange Dude 02-12-2012 01:53 PM

Well, I know where my money is going.:tcool: I wonder if Nights will be in it? Not that it will matter really for me since I can pretty much guarantee that I will be playing as Sonic. But I still hope the flying jester is more than just the referee this time around.

TurtleTitan97 02-12-2012 01:56 PM

I loved the first game, it was so awesome! Can't wait for this game!

Cure 02-12-2012 09:36 PM

PLEEEEEEEEASE have Sam from Vanquish sliding around on his knees. Please!

Peanut 02-12-2012 09:39 PM

I played so much of the first one and this excites me to no end. I hope they really dig and pull out some fantastic stuff for characters and tracks. The first game was way too heavy on a handful of franchises where levels were concerned.

Also, yes. Platinum Games characters up in this sh*t please!

oldmanwinters 02-12-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 911990)
http://kotaku.com/5884388/start-your...-racing-sequel

A sequel to the surprisingly good Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (many, myself included, preferred it over Mario Kart Wii) has been confirmed.

Hey, that's great news!

Personally, anything that gives NiGHTS a cameo gets bonus points in my book. And when I learned Shenmue was a playable character in the first game, I got giddy. My only major disappointment was that ToeJam & Earl couldn't join the party. Also, the framerate was a little clunky on the Wii, but that's no surprise.

Ninjinister 02-12-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 912279)
Hey, that's great news!

Personally, anything that gives NiGHTS a cameo gets bonus points in my book. And when I learned Shenmue was a playable character in the first game, I got giddy. My only major disappointment was that ToeJam & Earl couldn't join the party. Also, the framerate was a little clunky on the Wii, but that's no surprise.

Psst.

Shenmue isn't a person.

:lol:

oldmanwinters 02-12-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 912308)
Psst.

Shenmue isn't a person.

:lol:

Aw... yeah, my bad. That slip probably came as a result of the fact that I just made up my own name for him when I played through the Dreamcast version. I never could figure out if the name should be pronounced as it was spelled in the subtitles. Those Fuku-son and Ine-san pronunciations never sounded convincing to me.

Anyway, did Ryo get to drive his forklift around in the first game? I figured it might have been unlockable.

Consequently, my Shenmue experience on Dreamcast primarily consisted of getting the allowance money every morning and running down to the arcade to waste it away on trinkets and games.

Peanut 02-13-2012 01:33 PM

I think the forklift ended up being super over-priced DLC.

oldmanwinters 02-13-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 912508)
I think the forklift ended up being super over-priced DLC.

Ah... pity then! But still cool that it existed at all!

Brodie 02-13-2012 08:37 PM

Toejam and earl.

Peanut 02-13-2012 08:44 PM

Sega doesn't own the rights to the ToeJam and Earl characters anymore and I doubt they'd make the effort to license them from the guy who does to make reference to a franchise that, quite frankly, was never very good to begin with and ended up even worse following the disaster that was TJ&E 3. I do believe his dev house went down the sh*tter though, so maybe he'd give it up for a song.

TheCanadiandrome 02-13-2012 08:49 PM

Awesome news, only thing is for what systems?

Peanut 02-13-2012 08:52 PM

Wouldn't need to stretch our brain muscles too hard to figure that one out.

TheCanadiandrome 02-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 912721)
Wouldn't need to stretch our brain muscles too hard to figure that one out.

Mm funny man, I mean will it be for Wii or Wii U? I hope a 3DS version

Ninjinister 02-14-2012 01:13 PM

With Sony throwing money everywhere for exclusive characters now, the PS3 and Vita versions would likely be the only ones to get exclusives... unless that's just for fighting games. I dunno, ideally, I'd like EVERY system to have an exclusive character if they were going that route.

I'm not holding my breath for my favorite old-school Sega character, Psycho Fox, sadly. With his powers, he could be interesting to play, but it seems Sega has completely forgotten about him.

Peanut 02-14-2012 04:39 PM

It's just fighting games. It seems like it's the only genre that can ever get a leg up on 360 titles. Although those special characters don't seem to make up a whole lot of room sales wise.

Honestly, I feel like this last rash of "exclusive" characters that aren't even first-party characters borders on ridiculous. Kratos made sense in MK, none of the sh*t they're doing with SFXT does. Capcom has never had much sense, though. I have zero interest in more Capcom fighters, but I probably would have picked up SF X Tekken if I could play as awful Mega Man, but them making it exclusive to the PS3 immediately means I don't give a sh*t.

And remember, the 360 version of All-Stars Racing had Banjo & Kazooie in it.

ThirdMarioBro 02-16-2012 03:17 PM

Xbox fanboy much?

But yeah, if the freaking Bonanza Bros. were memorable enough to be in the first game, ToeJam & Earl isn't a stretch.