The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Orville (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56043)

ZariusTwo 07-29-2016 12:46 PM

The Orville

Quote:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. alumna Adrianne Palicki is set as the female lead opposite Seth MacFarlane in his 13-episode straight-to-series hourlong comedic drama for Fox. Also cast in the project is longtime MacFarlane voice actor Scott Grimes.

Set 300 years in the future, the untitled show — MacFarlane’s first live-action TV series — follows the adventures of the Orville, a not-so-top-of-the-line exploratory ship in Earth’s interstellar fleet. Facing cosmic challenges from without and within, this motley crew of space explorers will boldly go where no comedic drama has gone before.

MacFarlane plays Ed, captain of Orville. Palicki plays Kelly Grayson, Ed’s ex-wife and the newly appointed First Officer of the Orville. Grimes plays Gordon, Ed’s best friend whom he hires to pilot the Orville.

Palicki is coming off a two-season stint on ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, where she played fan favorite Bobbi Morse. Along with Nick Blood, she also toplined the spinoff pilot Marvel’s Most Wanted this past season. In features, she recently co-starred in John Wick. The Friday Night Lights alumna is repped by WME, Anonymous Content and attorney David Fox.

Grimes has been acting alongside MacFarlane for more than a decade on MacFarlane’s animated comedy American Dad, where Grimes is a main cast member, voicing the son of MacFarlane’s Stan. Grimes also has done voice work on MacFarlane’s flagship animated comedy Family Guy. Grimes, who recurred on Justified, is repped by Abrams and Industry Entertainment.
http://deadline.com/2016/07/adrianne...st-1201794853/

Autbot_Benz 10-06-2017 12:46 AM

Loving The Orville so far its more Star Trek than Discovery is. Its Seth's Love Letter to TNG

plastroncafe 10-06-2017 07:31 AM

I am legitimately shocked by how much I'm enjoying this show.

Vegita-San 10-06-2017 07:34 AM

wow. posted a year ago, and hardly any activity. guess folks where not expecting much.

except for a few badly placed jokes that ruined the drama, and action pacing in the pilot, i rather quite enjoyed it. i'm waiting for this ones first season to be done before I delve into it.

seeing as how it's on fox, and they screwed over sleepy hollow, i'm not hoping for a happy ending with this series.

But yes, it DOES feel ten times more like trek than that drek discovery...with a far more interesting set of characters.

And it's odd to say that, since brannon braga is on this series too..one half of the crew that helped ruin modern trek after a bit of trek burnout.

MsMarvelDuckie 10-06-2017 07:35 AM

Same here! It reminds me of a slightly more serious (relatively speaking) "Galaxy Quest" style spoof. Plenty of Trek flavor but more easy-going. Only quibble is the ship design. The back end looks weird. Love the shark-like look of the front half- just can't quite get that odd engine configuration.

Leofan26 10-07-2017 12:05 PM

Woops, wish this guy luck with the ratings, The Cleveland show got cancelled after how many seasons?

MsMarvelDuckie 12-31-2018 05:44 PM

So, Orville season two premiered last night. And the first ep of the season was a real "whizz"! The plot basically revolved around the fact that Bortus's (sp?) species only urinate once a year, and how there was an entire ceremony ("The Great Release", lol!!) built around it. Cue the pee jokes. Surprisingly enough, there were relatively few such jokes, and they mostly got that out of the way early in the episode, aside from a few awkward conversations about what was expected during the ceremony. Actually, the episode never devolved into the crude type of juvenile potty humor that it could have, which was- pardon the pun- quite a relief. (Yes I went there. I like bad puns, sue me.) Instead, it mostly revolved around everyone's love-lives and whom to take as their "dates" to the big pee ceremony. (I can't believe I actually just wrote that seriously) There were a couple of sub-plots with the chief medical officer's son hanging out with a bad seed, and then getting into trouble because of it, and Ed and Kelly continuing to hash out the conflict between their continued feelings for each other, and the protocols of Captain and First Officer, and then a new crewmate arriving and subsequently becoming the object of pursuit by one of the bridge crew as a date for "the Great Release". As episodes go, this one was pretty good. I really enjoyed it, in spite of the odd and almost ridiculous premise of the reason for going back to Bortus's home planet. It was actually a lot less dumb than it sounds, and more serious. Or maybe I'm just pissing in the wind.... :trazz:

Egon1982 01-30-2019 12:17 PM

Excellent series, it's something different from Seth.

ZariusTwo 05-11-2019 02:41 PM

Back for a third season

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mo...ason-3-at-fox/

Jester 05-11-2019 06:46 PM

Love The Orville. Glad to get a 3rd season.

joe-eyeball 05-11-2019 08:19 PM

Thank God, I love this show!

dudeabides 05-11-2019 09:22 PM

I enjoyed the first two seasons, especially the Kaylon war. I thought they put out a good first season dvd set too with a lot of extra. I watch Discovery too, but it seems over dramatic compared to this program.

Roseangelo 05-12-2019 10:31 AM

This is my favorite show that's currently airing. I was confident that season 3 was going to happen, but having confirmation is very nice.

ZariusTwo 07-23-2019 09:30 AM

Scott Grimes and Adrienne Palicki have divorced already!

https://people.com/tv/adrianne-palic...-marriage/amp/

youhavemysupport 07-23-2019 11:45 AM

Bortus spinoff please!

MsMarvelDuckie 07-25-2019 03:44 PM

Just found out the new season will be exclusively on Hulu. :tcry: So much like Lucifer, I won't be able to watch it unless they release box sets of new seasons. This sucks. They are killing regular tv with all these streaming services, to the point that eventually, folks with antenna only tv won't have anything to watch.

Jester 07-25-2019 05:10 PM

Love that the point was to cord cut, and now there are 3 billion streamers at $14.99 each...

MsMarvelDuckie 07-26-2019 09:12 AM

Yeah, I can't even justify subscribing to three or four services just for one or two shows on each. It's ridiculous.

Vegita-San 07-26-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1814252)
Yeah, I can't even justify subscribing to three or four services just for one or two shows on each. It's ridiculous.

Agreed. I tend to watch alot on netflix, so it's affordable.

I only got Hulu temporary for Extreme Ghostbusters.

I can't afford more than one. let alone 5.
It'll add up to morethan cable, and these hollywood idiots don't realize that.

ZariusTwo 01-11-2020 01:45 AM

Seth McFarlane has quit 20th Century Fox and signed with NBCUniversal Content Studios

https://deadline.com/2020/01/seth-ma...tv-1202827104/