The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why the hell did it take me so long to check out Archer? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58894)

Prowler 10-04-2017 02:50 PM

Why the hell did it take me so long to check out Archer?

Like seriously, WHAT THE HELL?! This cartoon series is pretty funny. I love how they're all jerks to each other :lol:. I normally don't watch much stuff that airs on tv these days, but I've been trying to break that habit lately and feel like checking a few shows. I decided to check out Archer because I had heard good things about it.

I'm only about 6 episodes in or so and I'm glad I have about 8 seasons to watch of this show. I hope it keeps its consistency all the way through.

Who else likes Archer here? I remember plastroncafe and Cylons saying they were fans of it. And I believe they told me I should check it otu someday :tgrin:

Archer Sterling is a great character. On episode 3 or 4 when he kept wondering if Conway had sex with his mother as Conway tried to escape by helicopter I was dying. Conway was even like "WHAT? That's the only question you have?!" :lol:

So yeah, this is now the official Archer thread. How many fans of it are here? :P

Candy Kappa 10-04-2017 02:51 PM

I loooove Archer, sadly I blew through the latest season in one day.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-04-2017 02:54 PM

When I find out somebody doesn't watch Archer...

http://www.bite.ca/wp-content/upload...now-that-2.gif

Prowler 10-04-2017 02:56 PM

Archer has a pretty messed up relationship with hsi mother.

Btw, **** Cyril. I don't like that guy. I dunno why but he annoys me. He seems like the type of person who looks nice at first but turns out he is actually a dick.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-04-2017 02:59 PM

You just described Cyril Figgus to a tee. At first he's a loser, then he's a loser dick. :tlol:

ProphetofGanja 10-04-2017 05:14 PM

Lana and Ray are probably my favorite characters. Archer is a great show and I love that they've done different things over the years to keep it fresh. My favorite series of episodes is probably the ones where they have to rescue Archer from the island kingdom of pirates (and since you haven't gotten there yet Prowler I'll say no more)

plastroncafe 10-04-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1720054)
You just described Cyril Figgus to a tee. At first he's a loser, then he's a loser dick. :tlol:

I don't know man, it's canon that his dick is anything but a loser.

I love the show more than I really ought to. Especially considering I cannot stand Arrested Development, And Archer is essentially Arrested Development the Animated Series.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-04-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1720134)
I don't know man, it's canon that his dick is anything but a loser.

I love the show more than I really ought to. Especially considering I cannot stand Arrested Development, And Archer is essentially Arrested Development the Animated Series.

True, true... hence his need for a surgical reduction. :trazz:

If Archer is essentially Arrested Development the Animated Series, I might need to give Arrested Development a try...

CyberCubed 10-04-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1720049)
When I find out somebody doesn't watch Archer...

That would be me. I've never seen this show.

Utrommaniac 10-04-2017 08:17 PM

I skipped a few episodes of one season, but it was fun in later seasons for them to just...struggle with various businesses when the spy thing fell through.

Which I imagine had to be done for...reasons relating to the agency's name. Dreamland was really cool, but I thought it would end with Archer waking up from his coma.

Casting Dreamland!Pam as a man was pretty funny, especially in how they just gloss over it and just treat him like he isn't being played by a Pants Role.

plastroncafe 10-04-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1720137)
If Archer is essentially Arrested Development the Animated Series, I might need to give Arrested Development a try...

I could never get into it, apparently I only enjoy terrible people being terrible to each other if they're animated.