The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Batman/TMNT III #1 Preview and Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61367)

bushido 04-30-2019 12:58 PM

Batman/TMNT III #1 Preview and Discussion

Preview here.

neatoman 04-30-2019 03:52 PM

Wow, that paning effect is rather annoying.

Anyway, the Rocksteady/Clayface combo is called... Clayface... Not gonna give them much credit for that one. I mean really, that's it? Not Claysteady? Rockface? Rocky Clay? Clayhorn? Unless it turns out Rocksteady is still a seperate character somehow, I don't get the point.

AquaParade 04-30-2019 06:47 PM

I thought Kevin was involved in art duties.

I think that's his best Batman x TMNT cover so far though.

ProphetofGanja 04-30-2019 09:36 PM

Oh right, this is a thing :lol: this Batman/TMNT crossover series started out somewhat promising but very quickly became a weird, sort-of wacky fever dream. I'm still interested, at least, I can say that much at least. Sign me up as along for the ride, one last time.

If nothing else, I'll enjoy Williams' art

Andrew NDB 04-30-2019 11:35 PM

Yes. I'm a huge fan of Williams' art. That man can make gold.

bushido 05-01-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1804944)
Wow, that paning effect is rather annoying.

I changed the link.

Enscripture 05-02-2019 06:26 AM

Whos the one with the golden armor and red hoodie supposed to be?

neatoman 05-02-2019 06:31 AM

Oh, right, this thread.

So how about that twist, huh?
Spoiler:
If we're seeing Mirage Raph, will Golden Age Batman pop up?

Igglet 05-02-2019 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enscripture (Post 1805109)
Whos the one with the golden armor and red hoodie supposed to be?

Deadshot. I can't remember who he was fused with, though.

Enscripture 05-02-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1805111)

Looked him up. Never heard of him

oldmanwinters 05-02-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1805111)

According to the note on his concept art reveal, he's just a "ninja-fied" version of Deadshot.

ChosenOne 05-02-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1805115)
According to the note on his concept art reveal, he's just a "ninja-fied" version of Deadshot.

'Cause Deadshot is usually such a noisy klutz... Smh. Even merging him with Stockman (fly eye scope!) would've been better.

Autbot_Benz 05-04-2019 03:41 PM

I got this comic on Free Comic Book Day the Cover was hard not to buy

https://i.imgur.com/kznY0n4.jpg

Redeemer 05-04-2019 04:08 PM

have you read it??? When I first saw the preview it looked terrible and I was not looking forward to it at all, but after reading the issue I have become excited for this latest cross-over.

side note all my local comic book stores were out of the free tmnt book. :ohwell:

Autbot_Benz 05-04-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1805339)
have you read it??? When I first saw the preview it looked terrible and I was not looking forward to it at all, but after reading the issue I have become excited for this latest cross-over.

side note all my local comic book stores were out of the free tmnt book. :ohwell:

Nope haven't read it yet. My comic shop too was out of the free TMNT one. I bought it cause the cover looked awesome and I love both Batman and TMNT. I read the first graphic novel crossover and loved it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-04-2019 08:54 PM

Dat art.

Story, well... we are on III. At this point, we all know what we're in for. :tlol:

funatic 05-08-2019 05:04 PM

Well the twist was unexpected and actually got me halfway interested in seeing this through. Seems like with this third installment, they're at least not taking things too seriously. Feels like some kids are playing with their TMNT and Batman action figures together. :tlol:

Curious -
Spoiler:
Is Eastman doing the art for the Mirage turtles? That's pretty cool. Wonder if this is the first time he's been published by DC?

bushido 05-09-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funatic (Post 1805690)
Spoiler:
Is Eastman doing the art for the Mirage turtles? That's pretty cool. Wonder if this is the first time he's been published by DC?

No he made a Kamandi Challenge issue with Freddie Williams 2 years ago.

Autbot_Benz 05-22-2019 10:15 PM

I finally read the first issue. I loved it. I love alt universe stories. Though I did scream No when I read Jim Gordon talking to Officer Casey Jones it gave me terrible flashbacks of Whiny Amell Casey from OOTS :lol:

FlawedCoil82 07-16-2019 11:48 PM

Is there a reason why this comic is nearly impossible to find at comic book shops? Was it in high demand? My comic guy forgot to add this to my pull list until I mentioned something when I saw the 2nd issue was out. Now it looks like a minimum of $9 (with shipping) if I order it online. I just want to find it at a comic shop for roughly retail price. I have tried 5 separate stores and they all moreorless say "Ha! Good luck". :tgrumble: