The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What exactly IS available on DVD? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39678)

nWoCHRISnWo 10-15-2012 04:54 PM

What exactly IS available on DVD?

I know there's a lot of talk on how there isn't a complete dvd boxset of this series, or even a competent, chronological set of a bunch of discs, but I don't know where exactly to find out what IS released.

So is there a complete list of what IS released on DVD? I'm really not interested in the FF or BTTS seasons, so of the remaining, is it possible to get all the eps on DVDs? I think I remember hearing that an episode or two didn't make the DVDs, is that true? Or were there whole seasons/several episodes missing?

I basically want to know what I need to buy to have all the "original" style episodes available to me on DVD.

TheSkeletonMan939 10-15-2012 04:58 PM

Everything. The problem is that they're out of order spread across countless discs.

List.

gobo 10-15-2012 05:12 PM

For us R1 peeps, all but the last season and the full-length edition of Turtles Forever has been released. Australia is the only place I know of that ever released the last season in English, then both the UK and Australia released the full-length version of Turtles Forever.

See here for more details.

TheSkeletonMan939 10-16-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIP, gobo (Post 1010961)
For us R1 peeps, all but the last season and the full-length edition of Turtles Forever has been released. Australia is the only place I know of that ever released the last season in English, then both the UK and Australia released the full-length version of Turtles Forever.

See here for more details.

That's the exact same link I posted. :P

Vivi 10-16-2012 07:10 AM

It's true, Australia has them all. I have them on my shelf. I took a picture so you can see what the 'box sets' look like. A few years ago when I bought season 2 you could also get some of the earlier seasons in a cd booklet, the discs are the same (art/content) as in the box set.

CyberCubed 10-16-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nWoCHRISnWo (Post 1010954)
I know there's a lot of talk on how there isn't a complete dvd boxset of this series, or even a competent, chronological set of a bunch of discs, but I don't know where exactly to find out what IS released.

So is there a complete list of what IS released on DVD? I'm really not interested in the FF or BTTS seasons, so of the remaining, is it possible to get all the eps on DVDs? I think I remember hearing that an episode or two didn't make the DVDs, is that true? Or were there whole seasons/several episodes missing?

I basically want to know what I need to buy to have all the "original" style episodes available to me on DVD.

Why aren't you interested in the FF or BTTS seasons? They're a direct continuation of everything before it.

TheSkeletonMan939 10-16-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1011212)
Why aren't you interested in the FF or BTTS seasons? They're a direct continuation of everything before it.

Direct? Timing is Everything and The Journal is as close as they got to direct in FF. And in BttS Cyber Shredder's origin is the only thing referencing the original five seasons.

gobo 10-16-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1011131)
That's the exact same link I posted. :P

Umm... Great minds think alike? :P I've gone through that list, and it's probably the most error-proof thing I've seen on wiki.

TheCanadiandrome 10-16-2012 02:17 PM

i'd love to hunt down some BTTS.

CyberCubed 10-16-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1011268)
Direct? Timing is Everything and The Journal is as close as they got to direct in FF. And in BttS Cyber Shredder's origin is the only thing referencing the original five seasons.

And Hun and Baxter Stockman.

TheCanadiandrome 10-17-2012 01:01 PM

i'm happy, just found some BTTS on Aussy Ebay and might be able to pick it up!

gobo 10-17-2012 01:14 PM

^ Planning a vacation down under? O_o

TheCanadiandrome 10-17-2012 01:15 PM

no the seller said they'd ship to me. but i wish i was going down under lol

Allio 10-17-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1011212)

not everyone cares for all seasons, I know many that don't like majority of seasons of the 87 show

gobo 10-17-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1011884)
I know many that don't like majority of seasons of the 87 show

Have we met before? O_o Or are you talking about "many that don't like majority of seasons of the 87 show" other than me?

CyberCubed 10-17-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1011884)
not everyone cares for all seasons, I know many that don't like majority of seasons of the 87 show

Because they don't understand the appeal of the show.

gobo 10-17-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1011905)
Because they don't understand the appeal of the show.

The appeal the ended at episode 5?

tmntpower1988 10-17-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1011305)
i'd love to hunt down some BTTS.

You can find the second volume on here http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/ind...talogID=485733 that's where I got it from, it took 2 weeks to arrive from New Zealand to Northern Ireland.

I must get a pic up soon of my almost complete 2003 collection. I had been collecting the volumes but recently decided to go for the season sets instead to avoid that disc swapping and would prefer the episodes in the right order. All I need is Season 2 Part 2 and Turtles Forever. I will get Turtles Forever next week, it's cheap enough but Season 2 Part 2 is a bit pricey :\

TheCanadiandrome 10-18-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 (Post 1012018)
You can find the second volume on here http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/ind...talogID=485733 that's where I got it from, it took 2 weeks to arrive from New Zealand to Northern Ireland.

I must get a pic up soon of my almost complete 2003 collection. I had been collecting the volumes but recently decided to go for the season sets instead to avoid that disc swapping and would prefer the episodes in the right order. All I need is Season 2 Part 2 and Turtles Forever. I will get Turtles Forever next week, it's cheap enough but Season 2 Part 2 is a bit pricey :\

thanks dude! yeah i have everything but BTTS. i was lucky enough to get Season 2 Part 2 in a bundle of items i purchased from a fellow Dromer, and I got Turtles Forever when i came out onj dvd

gobo 10-18-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1012231)
I got Turtles Forever when i came out onj dvd

R1's TV-edit though, huh?