The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OG Teen Titans may return (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60292)

Redeemer 07-26-2018 09:36 PM

OG Teen Titans may return

So apparently there is a after credit scene of the Teen Titan Go movie that has
Spoiler:
The original titans making an appearance and stating they may have found a way to return.

Oh and Terra Strong tweeted this as well :lol:

https://nerdist.com/teen-titans-anim...heres-a-catch/

I hope this show can return!!!!!!

oh here is the video of the after credit scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Pdf2yu4Ts

neatoman 07-27-2018 04:38 AM

The OG Titans?

Redeemer 07-27-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1771464)
The OG Titans?

LOL I didn't even know they had a show previous to the 2000s lol nice job trolling.

drgon78 07-27-2018 12:14 PM

I would love it if the early 2000's Teen Titans made a comeback.

MikeandRaph87 07-27-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1771502)
LOL I didn't even know they had a show previous to the 2000s lol nice job trolling.

Yes, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, and Aqualad shared a series of shorts under Teen Titans in the Superman/Aquaman action hour by Filmation studios. Robin was absent because he was featured alongside Batman in the Batman filmation shorts running at the same time (1967-1969). Before the 2003 cartoon that was rhe only Teen Titans project outside of comics.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 07-27-2018 01:15 PM

TV 3 Sweden

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1771464)
The OG Titans?

Did you originally watch that over TV 3 Sweden or something (knowing they aired Superfriends many years after the ABC cancellation)?

neatoman 07-27-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1771591)
Did you originally watch that over TV 3 Sweden or something (knowing they aired Superfriends many years after the ABC cancellation)?

No, I grew up on the Dini/Timm Justice League.

plastroncafe 07-27-2018 02:25 PM

It will bring me no end of joy to have the earlier cartoon brought back by TTG!
All those fans who slagged on TTG! and how it sullied and ruined their favorite program...you're welcome.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 07-27-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1771622)
No, I grew up on the Dini/Timm Justice League.

You mean this one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_(TV_series)

neatoman 07-27-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1771666)

Correct, that's the one.

Shark_Blade 07-27-2018 04:09 PM

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 07-27-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1771671)
Correct, that's the one.

That's a good one. I managed to catch it over Cartoon Network Sweden around the same time as season 1 of the 4 Kids TMNT series.

CyberCubed 07-27-2018 05:40 PM

We are living in a golden age of cartoon revivals.

I believe a Season 6 will happen and air alongside the streaming service with Young Justice Season 3.

sdp 07-27-2018 05:53 PM

I think it's happening, they've teased this way too much for it not to happen and we're living in the age of revivals. Also they seem to want to also get somebody to subscribe to their streaming service. Teen Titans was the cartoon that got me back into animation in my teens after I had "outgrown" it so it'll always hold a special part in my life so here is a wishlist:

*Terra need not apply, I love her but Things Change gave her a definite ending. *The season arc needs to be for Starfire, she got gypped in the original run being the only Titan without one and Beast Boy with 2
*Slade should be used but not too much, maybe a 2 parter.
*Red X's identity needs to be finally told since he apparently has one and they haven't revealed it just in case it ever got another season.
*Titans East needs an episode again, it can have different members from the ones introduced in S5, just keep Mas y Menos

Even if nothing happens Things Change was the perfect series finale.

CyberCubed 07-27-2018 06:52 PM

Also Kid Flash should be a new main character, he was one of the standout characters in Season 5.

Might be a bit too similar to Young Justice since Kid Flash was a main there too until he disappeared...but Wally is still gone there so it's be nice to see him on Teen Titans.

MikeandRaph87 07-27-2018 08:28 PM

I am still holding out for a Justice League revival with no Bat Embargo or Aqua Embargo.

sdp 07-27-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1771713)
I am still holding out for a Justice League revival with no Bat Embargo or Aqua Embargo.

I feel that if these DC revivals do well DCAU would be high in their priority list counting how much of a cult following it has. Who knows if it'd be more Batman, Batman Beyond or JLU type show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1771706)
Also Kid Flash should be a new main character, he was one of the standout characters in Season 5.

Might be a bit too similar to Young Justice since Kid Flash was a main there too until he disappeared...but Wally is still gone there so it's be nice to see him on Teen Titans.

Hell, it'd be cool if Wonder Girl appeared in the show and finally have the original 5 Titans in the show. She appeared in a few blink and miss cameos in the background a few times IIRC but they could never get the rights for her. She did appear in the Teen Titans Go comic (based on the original cartoon not actually TTG) and she had a great origin and design. Hell, the second wonder girl also made it on that comic adaptation of the show and also had a cool design that fit the style of the show.

MikeandRaph87 07-28-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1771715)
I feel that if these DC revivals do well DCAU would be high in their priority list counting how much of a cult following it has. Who knows if it'd be more Batman, Batman Beyond or JLU type show.

Hell, it'd be cool if Wonder Girl appeared in the show and finally have the original 5 Titans in the show. She appeared in a few blink and miss cameos in the background a few times IIRC but they could never get the rights for her. She did appear in the Teen Titans Go comic (based on the original cartoon not actually TTG) and she had a great origin and design. Hell, the second wonder girl also made it on that comic adaptation of the show and also had a cool design that fit the style of the show.

I know the interest is there for the cast. They advocated for a project even stating Andrea Romano would come of retirement for it. The cast has worked DC Anmiated Original Movies, but of course they are talking as I want, a new project with Justice League. I always wanted to see Riddler and Penguin face the Justice League. This could be the chance. Or at least give Aquaman his due on the league and not have to cut him for another female slot, there can be eight core members. Maybe I can get my wish by the next SDCC?

CyberCubed 07-28-2018 04:21 PM

I don't think the old DCAU would be revived but in the off-chance it is it'll probably have horrible sexual innuendo and bad writing like some of Bruce Timm's recent DC animated movies. No thanks.

ZariusTwo 07-29-2018 02:36 AM

As I got older, I decided to just count the original Batman TAS era and the latter half of the DCAU as two separate universes just so I could divorce myself from that bloody Bruce/Babs relationship stinking up an otherwise fine universe.