The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What Episode was That From?" Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 09:29 PM

The "What Episode was That From?" Thread
 
I couldn't think of what else to call this thread, but I figured it might come in handy. Most of us don't have perfect memories when it comes to recalling everything we remember from cartoon shows with exact precision. Often, I can recall images of soundbites but not the episode reference.

After a while, I get agitated over not being able to remember the name of an episode, but I hate starting a new thread just to ask each question. So, I figured it might be nice to create a go-to, catch-all thread. Hopefully, the fan-base can provide correlations between episode names and lingering memories.

I figured I'll start out with this question: Wasn't there an episode or two where Shredder and/or Krang appeared on the NYC Times Square TV screen? It may not have been Times Square per se, but I think it was some large video screen somewhere in the city. I'd very much appreciate some help in identifying this episode.

Redeemer 10-08-2011 09:35 PM

Hmm...Interesting thread. Might be a keeper. But to answer ur Q I think at the end of season 1 I vaguely remember shredder revealing his existence and giving an ultamatum.k I think it was the end of season 1 I remember Donny sending the technodrome to Deminsion X

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 880966)
Hmm...Interesting thread. Might be a keeper. But to answer ur Q I think at the end of season 1 I vaguely remember shredder revealing his existence and giving an ultamatum.k I think it was the end of season 1 I remember Donny sending the technodrome to Deminsion X

I watched that episode fairly recently (Shredder and Splintered/Shredder is Splintered/Shredder & Splinter/whatever), and I believe that video ultimatum was delivered through the turtle's sewer television set. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

pannoni1 10-08-2011 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It was "Welcome Back Polarisoids" (Season 5). First April appears on the "FONY" screen, then Krang interrupts in.

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pannoni1 (Post 880969)
It was "Welcome Back Polarisoids" (Season 5). First April appears on the "FONY" screen, then Krang interrupts in.

Thanks a bunch! It figures it would have something to do with those Camera-lovin' Polarisoids!

EDIT: lol @ the "Fony" Times Square screen!

gobo 10-08-2011 10:04 PM

I seem to recall it happening in more than one ep as well. It was TV they interrupted in "Shredder's Mom", I think.

I set up a similar thread in 'forum games', but that's just a trivia thing; guess the toitle show. ^_^

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 880973)
I seem to recall it happening in more than one ep as well. It was TV they interrupted in "Shredder's Mom", I think.

That one was actually one my mind, since I remember Shredder interrupted an April broadcast on the NYC heat wave, but I have yet to go back and check it out.

Mr._Mutant_Man 10-08-2011 10:48 PM

Which episode was it where April O'Neil was about to get shrunk, and she stated that while she wanted to lose weight, she didn't want to lose it that way? Did she ever make any other comments about her weight on the show? There were times where she seemed pretty vain (like when she complained about being a hag in her late twenties), so it was bound to come up, but I just remember that one where she was going to get shrunk specifically.

Redeemer 10-08-2011 10:55 PM

^^^I think comments like that were made all the time ecspecially with emra lol I think in Sky turtlesk to b specific

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man (Post 880988)
Which episode was it where April O'Neil was about to get shrunk, and she stated that while she wanted to lose weight, she didn't want to lose it that way? Did she ever make any other comments about her weight on the show? There were times where she seemed pretty vain (like when she complained about being a hag in her late twenties), so it was bound to come up, but I just remember that one where she was going to get shrunk specifically.

The only time I can remember April being shrunk was in the episode, "Funny, They Shrunk Michaelangelo."

CyberCubed 10-08-2011 10:59 PM

Which episode did April say, "I'm a 90's kind of gal!"

oldmanwinters 10-08-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 880993)
Which episode did April say, "I'm a 90's kind of gal!"

It was from Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps, after she uses a forklift to free the Turtle Van.

Shredder 10-09-2011 12:41 AM

I'm trying to find the episode where Shredder says (I think this is the exact quote), "Oh well, Krang, it will have to do." It's not Planet of the Turtleoids.

oldmanwinters 10-09-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredder (Post 881012)
I'm trying to find the episode where Shredder says (I think this is the exact quote), "Oh well, Krang, it will have to do." It's not Planet of the Turtleoids.

Do you remember anymore of the context? Like maybe it was in reference to a certain invention or something?

Shredder 10-09-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 881015)
Do you remember anymore of the context? Like maybe it was in reference to a certain invention or something?

I wish I knew, but I only remember it as a standalone quote. I just tend to jokingly use it once in awhile, and was hoping to find the actual scene. The thing is, though, when I watched all the DVD releases as they came out, I don't remember hearing it, so either I overlooked it or maybe I'm just misremembering this quote.

gobo 10-09-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredder (Post 881027)
either I overlooked it or maybe I'm just misremembering this quote.

I remember it. Krang was complaining that some invention wasn't ready, but Shredder insisted on using it anyway. Might have been "Teenagers From Dimension X. Maybe "Sky Turtles". I just know that Uncle Phil said it.

Icebot 10-09-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man (Post 880988)
Which episode was it where April O'Neil was about to get shrunk, and she stated that while she wanted to lose weight, she didn't want to lose it that way? Did she ever make any other comments about her weight on the show? There were times where she seemed pretty vain (like when she complained about being a hag in her late twenties), so it was bound to come up, but I just remember that one where she was going to get shrunk specifically.

That was The Big Break In when the minimizer almost made her shrink and the one where she was upset about being 28 years old was Leatherhead, Terror Of The Swamps, when the turtles saw the fountain of youth.

oldmanwinters 10-10-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 881106)
That was The Big Break In when the minimizer almost made her shrink and the one where she was upset about being 28 years old was Leatherhead, Terror Of The Swamps, when the turtles saw the fountain of youth.

Impressive reference, Icebot! I remember that bit from the Leatherhead episode, but not the "The Big Break In" (I tend to confuse the titles and plots to those three Season 3 finale episodes!).

Garfield-cat 10-10-2011 01:41 PM

Police VS the Robot and other Scenes
 
I am looking for the scene in the Original series when a group of 3 or 4 Police officers confront this robot placed by Shredder and Krang outside of this building as Krang/Shredder aim a Ray gun at Earth's sun,
also this Footage where the United States Army shoots at the Technodrome in Manhattan

ABrown 10-10-2011 03:30 PM

The first part is "Take me to your leader." It's an episode from season three.

Icebot 10-10-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield-cat (Post 881301)
also this Footage where the United States Army shoots at the Technodrome in Manhattan

The Big Blow Out, also in season 3, (and the season finale).

oldmanwinters 10-10-2011 07:34 PM

[EDIT]

Nothing to say now! :-)

oldmanwinters 10-10-2011 07:34 PM

Any chance we could get a Mod to Sticky this thread?

EDIT: Thanks!

oldmanwinters 10-29-2011 12:30 PM

I thought I'd go ahead and update this thread with a funny Shredder quote that I long remembered but had a hard time identifying with a specific episode.

In "Peking Turtle," Shredder responds to Krang's idea to kidnap April O'Neil with, "Hmm, not a bad idea, although we've done that at least 30 times before. But hey, who's counting?"

In the same episode he gives bizarre marching orders to an army of marble warriors, saying "Your left, your left, you left your wife and 48 kids!" :o

Hadn't watched that episode in a while, but it's got some really funny bits!

Thanks to tone-master for the answer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredder (Post 881012)
I'm trying to find the episode where Shredder says (I think this is the exact quote), "Oh well, Krang, it will have to do." It's not Planet of the Turtleoids.

I'm still stumped, man! Hopefully, we'll be able to figure this one out eventually!

oldmanwinters 02-05-2012 01:25 PM

Ok, I've got a request!

In what episodes did Burne Thompson threaten to demote April O'Neil to reporting on "fashion shows" ?

Redeemer 02-05-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 909016)
Ok, I've got a request!

In episodes did Burne Thompson threaten to demote April O'Neil to reporting on "fashion shows" ?

Yes....Yes he did :P only if I could recall........

gobo 02-05-2012 03:41 PM

I know (allegedly) unmutated Rocksteady mentioned fashion shows in "Turtle Tracks", but I dunno about Burne.

juxtapose519 02-19-2012 11:10 AM

What was the name of the episode where Krang and/or Shredder reversed the earth's gravity? That one was my favourite, hands down.

Edit: Nevermind, it's "Sky Turtles". As soon as I ask the question, I find it.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-05-2012 02:58 PM

New York City
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by juxtapose519 (Post 915052)
What was the name of the episode where Krang and/or Shredder reversed the earth's gravity? That one was my favourite, hands down.

Edit: Nevermind, it's "Sky Turtles". As soon as I ask the question, I find it.

It was just New York City, not the entire Earth.

MikeandRaph87 03-09-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 (Post 920557)
It was just New York City, not the entire Earth.

"Today New York City tomorrow the world!" I am sure Shredder said something like that. Its a cliche' line that a villain is prone to spout at least once!:D

oldmanwinters 03-23-2012 09:22 AM

Can anyone identify the episode in which the following quote is from?

Krang and Shredder are watching a view screen and Krang says something like:
"Quiet, Shredder, it's April O'Neil and we have to develop a story plot around her!"

MikeandRaph87 03-23-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 927953)
Can anyone identify the episode in which the following quote is from?

Krang and Shredder are watching a view screen and Krang says something like:
"Quiet, Shredder, it's April O'Neil and we have to develop a story plot around her!"

OMW,I want to say that one is from "Rock Around The Block" but I cannot say for sure. I will have to watch the first part of the episode to be sure unless you would like to do the honors.

oldmanwinters 03-23-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 (Post 928016)
OMW,I want to say that one is from "Rock Around The Block" but I cannot say for sure. I will have to watch the first part of the episode to be sure unless you would like to do the honors.

Thanks, man, I'll check it out sometime!

That is a pretty funny quote though. I like it when the show was self-aware for the sake of humor.

Stingray69 04-22-2012 08:22 PM

What was the episode where they heated the earth up and it was hotter then two toads beeping in a shoe box? It shows April in her underwear and does anyone have a screen cap of that?

oldmanwinters 04-22-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray69 (Post 939562)
What was the episode where they heated the earth up and it was hotter then two toads beeping in a shoe box? It shows April in her underwear and does anyone have a screen cap of that?

I don't know about April's... uh... "underthings", but "Shredder's Mom" featured a Shredder plot to bake the earth to a crisp. It almost worked and it did get pretty hot.

Stingray69 04-22-2012 09:00 PM

Thanks man that's the episode and I found the pic I needed.

Jester 04-22-2012 09:01 PM

There was also one with Philo Sopho and Vernon's Nephew...what was it called?

ToTheNines 04-22-2012 09:19 PM

Too Hot To Handle.

Which episode had a scene involving Bebop and an accordian? It was season two or three.

Jephael 04-23-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 939579)
Which episode had a scene involving Bebop and an accordian? It was season two or three.

You might be thinking of the scene in "Ninja Sword of Nowhere"

cryan 04-23-2012 11:41 AM

I have one.There's a scene in I think it was one of the "Red Sky"episodes were the guys can't devulge what they are doing to April and she threatens to expose them.Of course at the end of the episode she apologizes.I would like to say it came from Cry Havoc.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.