The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The LEGO Batman Movie’s Chris McKay to Direct Nightwing Movie (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57434)

The Deadman 02-23-2017 02:28 PM

The LEGO Batman Movie’s Chris McKay to Direct Nightwing Movie

Following the news earlier today about The Batman finally landing a director, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that The LEGO Batman Movie director Chris McKay will be at the helm for a live-action Nightwing movie! The Judge and The Accountant screenwriter Bill Dubuque is set to pen the script.

In the pages of DC Comics, Dick Grayson spent many years as Batman’s protege and sidekick, Robin, but eventually went off on his own and assumed the mantle of the hero Nightwing. The character spent some time in the streets of Gotham City but primarily called the neighboring town of Bludhaven his base of operations.

This isn’t the first time that McKay has toyed with the character either, as Dick Grayson appeared in The LEGO Batman Movie. Dick was also previously played by Chris O’Donnell in Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...UR0hkmzvrj5.99

TurtleTitan97 02-23-2017 02:34 PM

Spoiler:
First off, way to spoil the fact that Dick appears in the LEGO film for those of us who haven't even seen it yet. :roll:

Second, not sure how to feel about this. As much as I've been waiting for Nightwing to appear on the big screen, I wish DC would have at least a finalized plan for their universe before announcing another movie.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-23-2017 02:39 PM

As big a critic of the DCEU with WB as I've been, I'm very excited about this.

With Reeves running The Batman now instead of Affleck, I think The Batman has a better chance of incorporating characters that I have interest in. I don't give two bent batarangs for Deathstroke in Gotham City.

EMBRACE Batman's supporting characters; give me ALL of the Robins and Batgirls.

Autbot_Benz 02-23-2017 02:40 PM

I am all for a Nightwing movie. Its about time we get a good live action version of Dick Grayson instead of the whiny Chris O Donnell one.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-23-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1662567)
I am all for a Nightwing movie. Its about time we get a good live action version of Dick Grayson instead of the whiny Chris O Donnell one.

Or the Lego character in green panties? :trolleye:

It's about damn time Dick Grayson got some RESPECT. And make sure Babs Gordon is in this movie, too, and DON'T turn her into a damn self-absorbed unintelligent Hipster like the New52 comics have done...

CyberCubed 02-23-2017 02:52 PM

As long as he has short hair.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 02-23-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1662573)
As long as he has short hair.

I'm fine with Dick having a bit of a mane...

plastroncafe 02-23-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1662561)
Spoiler:
First off, way to spoil the fact that Dick appears in the LEGO film for those of us who haven't even seen it yet. :roll:

It's in the trailer, I don't know that this counts as a spoiler.

Speaking of Lego Batman, I really liked it a lot and it seemed to me a movie made by people who actually like the characters. So this could be great!

TurtleTitan97 02-23-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1662577)
It's in the trailer, I don't know that this counts as a spoiler.

Spoiler:
It's a spoiler for me because none of the trailers or media released for the movie I'd seen referred to the character as Dick, just Robin. In fact many people I knew online thought it was an entirely new Robin created specifically for the movie.

ToTheNines 02-23-2017 03:39 PM

I'll believe this when filming starts.

Andrew NDB 02-23-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1662578)
Spoiler:
It's a spoiler for me because none of the trailers or media released for the movie I'd seen referred to the character as Dick, just Robin. In fact many people I knew online thought it was an entirely new Robin created specifically for the movie.

I thought it was supposed to be Carrie Kelly.

TheSkeletonMan939 09-14-2017 02:23 PM

Chris McKay describes the film in eloquent terms:

Quote:

It’s gonna be a ****ing badass action movie with a lot of heart and emotion. It’s gonna be a crazy, fun ride. Whoever gets cast as Nightwing, and any of the other actors around, are gonna go through a ****ing boot camp experience because it’s gonna be a lot. I’m not gonna do a lot of CG. It’s gonna be all real ****. It’s gonna be real stuntwork, and they’re gonna need to do all of the stuff on camera and do it credibly. For the cast and the crew, it’s gonna be a visceral experience, and for the audience. It’s not gonna be like a lot of these movies where there’s a lot of CG and flying, and things like that. Everything he does is gonna have to be real. His superpower is being really ****ing good, as a human being, at fighting and gymnastics and **** like that, so you’re gonna see that on screen. It’s gonna be fun!”
Wow, look at all those adjectives. He goes on...

Quote:

“You always thought Robin was the dork and were like, ‘I don’t want to be like Robin. I don’t want to play with Robin. I wanna play Batman.’ But Robin was there as a window character for little kids like me to understand Batman’s world and see into Batman’s world. There’s no other character in comics that went through this real-time transition. Every other character lives in a rough version of the age that they’re in. Very few characters actually grow up in the comics and become something else, and go from being a boy to being an adult, and have their own life and become their own thing.”
I don't think that's the smartest thing to say about a movie called NIGHTWING instead of ROBIN. But maybe he's hinting that we'll see Dick/Tim transition from Robin to Nightwing? That's not a bad route to go.

http://collider.com/nightwing-movie-...tical-effects/

Autbot_Benz 09-14-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1714148)
Chris McKay describes the film in eloquent terms:

Wow, look at all those adjectives. He goes on...

I don't think that's the smartest thing to say about a movie called NIGHTWING instead of ROBIN. But maybe he's hinting that we'll see Dick/Tim transition from Robin to Nightwing? That's not a bad route to go.

http://collider.com/nightwing-movie-...tical-effects/

It will be Dick Grayson as Nightwing. Tim Drake never took that mantle he was just the 3rd Robin than became Red Robin

TheSkeletonMan939 09-14-2017 02:33 PM

So will this be a prequel story? Or are we supposed to ignore the Nightwing suit in BvS?

TurtleTitan97 09-14-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1714153)
So will this be a prequel story? Or are we supposed to ignore the Nightwing suit in BvS?

I'm pretty sure that was Jason Todd's Robin suit.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-14-2017 02:39 PM

I need WB/DC to show some serious work starting on Nightwing, Batgirl, and The Batman.

Gimme the Batman cinematic universe; gimme Red Hood, Robin, Nightwing, and Robin (Damian); gimme Batgirl, Huntress, Spoiler, Black Bat...

Heck, gimme Starling and Birds of Prey!

Autbot_Benz 09-14-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 (Post 1714154)
I'm pretty sure that was Jason Todd's Robin suit.

ya Its Jason Todd's Warner Bros confirmed it

TheSkeletonMan939 09-14-2017 02:46 PM

D'oh! What am I thinking, yeah that's definitely a Robin suit.

But geez, looking at the list of "undated" DCEU films... it really might as well be the Batman Cinematic Universe. I'd forgotten about half of these:

The Batman
Batgirl
Gotham City Sirens
Harley Quinn+Joker story
Joker prequel film
Nightwing

I almost feel a little sorry for "Shazam", which has been in development for a decade while these Batman films are fast-tracked.

Krutch 09-14-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1714160)
But geez, looking at the list of "undated" DCEU films... it really might as well be the Batman Cinematic Universe.

Yup. Batman overkill if you ask me, but whatcha gonna do? :roll: