The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Most Violent moments in the Old Cartoon (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59243)

FredWolfLeonardo 12-05-2017 08:48 PM

Most Violent moments in the Old Cartoon

Recently, I watched the 2nd Nick/80s crossover again and one of the main points of that special (the turtles not using their weapons) got me thinking, what exactly were the most violent moment of the Old Toon?

Usually, the fights were usually slapstick but there were always exceptions which makes me wonder what the standouts would be. I can't remember too many off the top of my head since I haven't watched through the OT in a while but a few that come to mind are 80s Leo stabbing the plant monster in season 2 and Shredder blowing up the channel six building in season 8.

MsMarvelDuckie 12-05-2017 10:14 PM

Shredder blowing up Channel Six, hands down.

FredWolfLeonardo 12-05-2017 10:20 PM

That was especially gruesome, considering that we didn't know Splinter and the Channel Six crew escaped until the very end and it was the 1st episode of the Red Sky seasons so nobody knew what to expect.

CyberCubed 12-05-2017 11:31 PM

Probably Seymour Guts floating in the mutagen mix with all his body parts separated before he became Mutagen Man?

Prowler 12-05-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1733056)
Probably Seymour Guts floating in the mutagen mix with all his body parts separated before he became Mutagen Man?

Yeah that one was rather graphic. Rocksteady and Bebop evne said something like "the guy is done for", and Krang just said "who cares about that? he's gonna ruin the mutagen!"... I mean Krang was a warlord. Obviously the deaths of others didn't bother him.

And what about Baxter being turned into a fly? It was obvious Krang was trying to kill him. And for a second or two it seemed like he was gonna die. We even saw his skeleton... hell, in that same episode April almost died from poisonous flowers. That was a bit risky for an 80s cartoon episode.

CyberCubed 12-06-2017 01:51 AM

There are a lot of episodes the Turtles or April are tied to machines or conveyor belts that would lead to them being sliced and diced, crushed, burned, etc....but of course they always free themselves in time. Or episodes where rockets or bombs are being set after them and they escape the last minute.

FredWolfLeonardo 12-06-2017 01:58 AM

I recently remembered another moment.

In the season 4 episode "Name that Toon", Donatello and Shredder get into a fight which ultimately results in Shredder winning, but before that Donatello smacks him in the face with his bo staff.

There weren't any injuries or anything, but hearing Shredder howl in pain after what happened to him, I was like Yikes :teek:

biganimefan 12-06-2017 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1733066)

In the season 4 episode "Name that Toon", Donatello and Shredder get into a fight which ultimately results in Shredder winning, but before that Donatello smacks him in the face with his bo staff.

There weren't any injuries or anything, but hearing Shredder howl in pain after what happened to him, I was like Yikes :teek:

Yeah I definitely remember that. Also, I remember immediately after that where Donatello was going in "for the kill" after Shredder was on the floor dazed briefly(before getting kicked away by him).

Lol, really Donatello was probably the most brutal of the Turtles in the original series, particularly where the Shredder was concerned. I also remember in season 7 where he was about to drop him from a great height and onto a machine. Sure, he may not exactly have been himself at the time, but it was still him though.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 12-06-2017 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1733049)
Shredder blowing up Channel Six, hands down.

Everyone inside was saved, reducing it all to vandalism.

Powder 12-06-2017 06:48 AM

That's not how it works. At all.

Wesley 12-06-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1733066)

That’s the one violent moment that stands out for me, as I actually thought Shredder was hit in the eye by Donatello. That must have hurt a lot, especially since James Avery did a good job at portraying it.

MsMarvelDuckie 12-06-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1733078)
Everyone inside was saved, reducing it all to vandalism.

Uh, no. It was a flat out attempt at mass murder. He BLEW UP a building FULL of people! They only escaped with Splinter's help. And even then, it was destruction of property at the LEAST, and terrorism at worst.

CyberCubed 12-06-2017 11:33 AM

The Technodrome ran over a few buildings in the Season 3 finale.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 12-06-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1733111)
The Technodrome ran over a few buildings in the Season 3 finale.

Everyone inside probably managed to evacuate. Almost a rule in a children's series.

MsMarvelDuckie 12-06-2017 11:50 AM

Except that it is in New York and you never see anyone coming out of them, nor out in the streets. More likely anyone inside was crushed to death-we just don't SEE them. But implied death is still pretty grim and grusome.

FredWolfLeonardo 12-06-2017 11:52 AM

Just had a random thought about a moment in season 3, its not really violent but it would've seemed really gruesome out of context.

Remember the epsiode "Michelangelo's Birthday"?. In that, Shredder tricks the turtles into believing that he turned Michelangelo into a steaming hot pile of goo. Of course, we know that wasn't the case but if a kid turned on the tv after Mikey was shown escaping, they would've been devastated.

MsMarvelDuckie 12-06-2017 12:03 PM

Even the threat/act of trying it would be pretty morbid. It was Batman/Bond-villain level violence for sure. "Will he escape? Find out next week- same turtle-time, same turtle-channel!"

Utrommaniac 12-06-2017 12:13 PM

"I can see their parachutes! They're okay."

FredWolfLeonardo 12-06-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1733119)

Too bad its Sunday, those buildings would've been full tomorrow.

oldmanwinters 12-06-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1733119)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1733120)
Too bad its Sunday, those buildings would've been full tomorrow.

No doubt.

It would have been a tragedy for all those souls to travel over into another dimension simultaneously.