The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Questions/Comments/Suggestions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Suggestion] Ignore List (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61438)

Redeemer 05-23-2019 06:41 PM

Ignore List

This is more of an announcement, but this is to all members. There has been an excessive amount of fighting within the forum and it is getting out of hand way too often.

In the future if you are to have an argument with another member there is a function called "Ignore list". This essentially will block any post made by members that you add to it.

Now to use the ignore list simply click on the user's profile and then click on "user list". Then simply click add to ignore list. You will no longer being able to see the user's post. You can remove members from the ignore list if you choose to.

Use this function in the future. This will be the best and quickest solution to avoid fighting.

MikeandRaph87 05-23-2019 06:57 PM

In addition don't feel the temptation to render it pointless by viewing the post despite a poster being on the Ignore List.Only you can allow the function to work properly.

RicksNerdLife 05-23-2019 07:05 PM

I will gladly use this, as I'm sure others will on me.

I just want to talk Turtles, man.

Prowler 05-23-2019 10:03 PM

That's a good advice and all, OP, but you'd be surprised how many people on the internet have this strange "I don't ignore anyone!" policy no matter how much they hate a certain user or are constantly harassed by them. There's this idea on internet communities that if yo add someone to your ignore list you're "butthurt" and the only reason you ignored such person/people was because they disagreed with your opinion on a certain subject. So I'd not be surprised if some people on these forums would be resisting the temptation of ignoring people due to being afraid of judgement. It's sad, but a lot of people believe that, on the internet, you should just "deal with it!" and "man up!" when it comes to people harassing you :roll:

I don't have any personal problem with any user here, but if I did I'd gladly add them to my ignore list. If someone is rude to me constantly then I'll ignore them. I don't go to forums to deal with such BS. After all, internet forums provide the ignore function, so it's meant to be used for such situations.

snake 05-23-2019 10:05 PM

There's like 20 posts a day here made by the same 10 people. Why even bother with an ignore list?

Prowler 05-24-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1807280)
There's like 20 posts a day here made by the same 10 people. Why even bother with an ignore list?

Well it's a bit more than 10 people, but since I only post in the General TMNT section and the General Discussion sections regularly I always see the same 10-15 people, indeed. Some people also seem to exclusively stick to sections I don't venture to often or at all. For a rather small forum there's actually a lot going on here and people you never run into after all these years. It's kinda funny.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 05-24-2019 07:43 AM

Can you block other members from sending you harrassing PMs?

RicksNerdLife 05-24-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1807312)
Can you block other members from sending you harrassing PMs?

Telling you nice try for having me banned is harassing? Okay, buddy. And I sent that before seeing the option to block was available. So, again...nice try. Bye. Blocked and ignored.

Sobble 05-24-2019 03:07 PM

Someone keeps calling me mew (A BANNED USER ON HERE) even though I'm a different person (PROBABLY BECAUSE I ACT LIKE HIM) so I will put him/her on ignore list because i don't want to deal with him/her further (I DONT WANT. TO NAME THE USER OR ELSE HE/SHE WILL GET MAD)

Thanks for this feature

Sobble 05-24-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1807279)
That's a good advice and all, OP, but you'd be surprised how many people on the internet have this strange "I don't ignore anyone!" policy no matter how much they hate a certain user or are constantly harassed by them. There's this idea on internet communities that if yo add someone to your ignore list you're "butthurt" and the only reason you ignored such person/people was because they disagreed with your opinion on a certain subject. So I'd not be surprised if some people on these forums would be resisting the temptation of ignoring people due to being afraid of judgement. It's sad, but a lot of people believe that, on the internet, you should just "deal with it!" and "man up!" when it comes to people harassing you :roll:

I don't have any personal problem with any user here, but if I did I'd gladly add them to my ignore list. If someone is rude to me constantly then I'll ignore them. I don't go to forums to deal with such BS. After all, internet forums provide the ignore function, so it's meant to be used for such situations.

Those people who say your butthurt for ignoring them are more butthurt people who want to continue the fight

Autbot_Benz 05-24-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobble (Post 1807390)
Someone keeps calling me mew (A BANNED USER ON HERE) even though I'm a different person (PROBABLY BECAUSE I ACT LIKE HIM) so I will put him/her on ignore list because i don't want to deal with him/her further (I DONT WANT. TO NAME THE USER OR ELSE HE/SHE WILL GET MAD)

Thanks for this feature

so you aren't Mew/Etsyturtle but you act like them

https://i.imgur.com/3SvNBK3.gif

snake 05-24-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobble (Post 1807390)

Thanks for this feature

How do you even know who Mew is, suspiciously underage user?

MikeandRaph87 05-24-2019 04:50 PM

If a poster is banned then why bother putting the poster on the block list. The poster is disabled from posting anything.:trazz:

Sobble 05-24-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1807408)
If a poster is banned then why bother putting the poster on the block list. The poster is disabled from posting anything.:trazz:

I don't mean it like that

Redeemer 05-24-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1807408)

He is talking about putting the person who is accusing him on the ignore list.

Anyway guys I know its not a fix all solution, but the ignore list is not really well known or advertised on the forum. I hoping this will get rid of a lot of the in-house fighting between members. We have lost a few long time members bc of the fighting via ban or just simply leaving and we have developed a bit of a reputation. I have even seen a reddit post about the forum its self regarding our reputation and certain members.

Leo656 05-24-2019 08:33 PM

You mean I'm famous? Holy sh*t.

Tell 'em I said if they're gonna talk sh*t then they can at least buy a T-Shirt. I got plenty left.

Redeemer 05-24-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1807448)
You mean I'm famous? Holy sh*t.

Tell 'em I said if they're gonna talk sh*t then they can at least buy a T-Shirt. I got plenty left.

:lol::lol::lol: it actually wasn't you I promise. It was another member.

snake 05-24-2019 09:00 PM

Reddit is a bunch of pussies.

Leo656 05-24-2019 09:03 PM

They can be pussies, but if I had my way they'd at least be mackin' style and I wouldn't have these damn things weighing down the trunk of my car.

snake 05-24-2019 09:09 PM

Reddit is where PlastronCafe had to run to after she couldn't take the forums not being her personal hug-box and echo-chamber. That alone should tell you enough about what kind of place Reddit is.