The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   FCBD: Prelude To Dimension X Preview & Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57303)

AlZarkovski 01-28-2017 02:38 AM

FCBD: Prelude To Dimension X Preview & Discussion

Preview here.

Utrommaniac 01-28-2017 03:05 AM

Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat?! A preview already!?

“A deadly and weird new villain”
HMM.

Okay, let's start breaking out potentials in those two catergories?
Antax - Executer, not exactly a bounty hunter. Definitely weird; is a great big bug. Deadly? Back to executioner
Zixx - Bounty hunter, check. Deadly. See previous. Weird? Probably. 4Kids guy got his car impounded for mistaking an ambassador's wife for sushi. Not sure how one connects to the other.

Looks like Michelangelo is starting to use a grappling hook in his weaponry. So the question becomes...what exactly are they doing down there?

ProphetofGanja 01-28-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1656229)

HMM.

Antax - Executer, not exactly a bounty hunter. Definitely weird; is a great big bug. Deadly? Back to executioner
Zixx - Bounty hunter, check. Deadly. See previous. Weird? Probably. 4Kids guy got his car impounded for mistaking an ambassador's wife for sushi. Not sure how one connects to the other.

Looks like Michelangelo is starting to use a grappling hook in his weaponry. So the question becomes...what exactly are they doing down there?

Well I hope it is a new villain, as the solicitation says, not another rehashed one. Although either way, I'm pumped for this. IDW has a pretty good track record for updating and remixing characters from previous iterations, but I'm not familiar with most of them so I appreciate when they come up with their own characters.

So it looks like the Turtles are patrolling the Technodrome for some reason? I'm guessing they head back to Burnow Island to meet with the Fugitoid or the Utrom refugees for something, and somehow plotwise the Turtles have to go or are transported to Dimension X where the Trial of Krang will be held. Should be a dope story

Utrommaniac 01-28-2017 08:23 AM

If they were on Burnow, they'd be wearing their oxygen masks; it would be totally terraformed by this point.

It appears to be a training session that Donatello is overseeing. He's the only one of the four not in these few pages, so it must be him communicating through the speaker.

CyberCubed 01-28-2017 11:24 AM

Well this arc takes place after the 4-issue Bishop/Mutanimals arc coming up, so I wonder if Bishop does go after Burnow Island at some point. The Utroms would need to get off-world.

ChosenOne 01-28-2017 11:25 AM

Already?! I'm amazed. These next few months are gonna be sheer torture, waiting for the big Summer event (hey, if Marvel and DC can call 'em that with much less interesting stuff happening...) to start.

CyberCubed 01-28-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1656312)
Already?! I'm amazed. These next few months are gonna be sheer torture, waiting for the big Summer event (hey, if Marvel and DC can call 'em that with much less interesting stuff happening...) to start.

I'm amazed at the sheer mass of comics we're getting from IDW. The regular ongoing, Universe, and now this Free comic book day issue, plus 5 issues of Dimension X in one month.

That's a lot.

ChosenOne 01-28-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1656314)
I'm amazed at the sheer mass of comics we're getting from IDW. The regular ongoing, Universe, and now this Free comic book day issue, plus 5 issues of Dimension X in one month.

That's a lot.

I'm not surprised. While I'm not much one for sales numbers, I can imagine it's probably IDW's top seller or very near the top. And for good reason, too: it's the single best comic out there right now, and has been from the beginning for those who knew where to look.

I will admit that the very first arc seemed a bit bleak at the time, but I was catching up on at least 6-7 months of issues and decided to press on, and by the time I'd finished the Raph micro, I was most definitely hooked. Even #1-4 already showed telltale signs of the greatness we've come to know and love.

Here's hoping sales can keep pace with the comic's quality, and that 2017 is the first of many more packed years to come!

Redeemer 01-28-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1656229)

HMM.

Thats what I have been thinking.... Torbin Zixx makes the most sense and they announced this shortly after the Darius Dunn arc so it only makes sense.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-28-2017 01:29 PM

Definitely a training run.

Man, I've missed Cory's art. Absolutely my favorite, bar none. :tlove:

spookycookies 01-28-2017 03:07 PM

I'm thinking that the Turtles are testing out new security for their lair maybe.

TomWaltz 01-28-2017 05:47 PM

New villain as in BRAND NEW, folks! See you in May!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

CyberCubed 01-28-2017 06:04 PM

I wonder if its an alien with a creepy looking design.

Sabacooza 01-28-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1656336)
Man, I've missed Cory's art. Absolutely my favorite, bar none. :tlove:

I feel ya. His stuff is gorgeous. It's good to have him back even if it is just for one issue but man, why the preview so early? It's going to be an excruciating wait.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-28-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomWaltz (Post 1656390)
New villain as in BRAND NEW, folks! See you in May!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

Can't wait, man!

MikeandRaph87 01-28-2017 09:01 PM

Bobby just said that they are only know picking artist so its surprising to see four completed pages. We don't see anything other than the Turtles returning back to the sewer-like trenches of the Technodrome and getting laser shot on their shells. While it is not much it is sure to be a fun story. I thought Krang was already imprisoned and stored away from a time after the other plot threads have settled. I hope the Neutrinos and Antrax will be involved in the story as well opposed to just a tease.

DestronMirage22 01-28-2017 10:28 PM

Kinda strange seeing this preview come out so soon, but I'll gladly take it! :)
Can't wait to see where this story goes, and it's a pleasure seeing Cory return to drawing TMNT, I'm a big fan of his work.

ToTheNines 01-29-2017 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabacooza (Post 1656406)
I feel ya. His stuff is gorgeous. It's good to have him back even if it is just for one issue but man, why the preview so early? It's going to be an excruciating wait.

For whatever reason, FCBD requires that their books are done WAY In advance. Still doesn't make sense bas to why they release the preview so early, but whatever.

Same thing happened 2 years ago with Prelude to Vengeance. Only difference was that it contained a massive spoiler lol.

Utrommaniac 01-29-2017 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1656411)
Bobby just said that they are only know picking artist so its surprising to see four completed pages. We don't see anything other than the Turtles returning back to the sewer-like trenches of the Technodrome and getting laser shot on their shells.

But they're not in the Technodrome??? Again, they'd have breathing support if they were. The best I can assume that Donatello has set of a training session for them in the regular sewers. He tells them to head back once they all land in the water.

Joey Kamikaze 02-02-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1656315)
I'm not surprised. While I'm not much one for sales numbers, I can imagine it's probably IDW's top seller or very near the top. And for good reason, too: it's the single best comic out there right now, and has been from the beginning for those who knew where to look.

It's been a while since I was paying attention, but last I knew TMNT was consistently going back and forth with My Little Pony as IDW's top selling comic month to month.