The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Is it just me? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58467)

Enter The Foot 08-01-2017 01:24 PM

Is it just me?

I feel as if few more episodes (1-2) more have had a fight with the Shredder. It may just be me being a Utrom Shredder mark. But, I would of personally loved to see the Turtles just fight him as Sakki.

CyberCubed 08-01-2017 02:59 PM

You mean fighting him as Oroku Saki without his armor? That would have been cool.

There's a scene in the first 2k3 videogame from 2003 where the Turtles fight him as Oroku Saki without his armor:

Skip a bit ahead in the video after he's defeated and we get a new animated cutscene showing the Turtles fight Oroku Saki and defeat him.

ABrown 08-02-2017 10:37 AM

You know, for whatever it's worth, I do think that the turtles battle in Exodus: Part 1 (where they fought him as Saki) probably was my favorite Shredder battle in the entire series.

sdp 08-02-2017 11:23 AM

Holy crap, these are awesome, I had only seen one or two short clips, I didn't know there were more and longer scenes in the video games. These really ought to be archived somehow.

They're essentially deleted scenes with the original VAs and animation. Is there at least a fan compilation of all of them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1703783)
You mean fighting him as Oroku Saki without his armor? That would have been cool.

There's a scene in the first 2k3 videogame from 2003 where the Turtles fight him as Oroku Saki without his armor:

Skip a bit ahead in the video after he's defeated and we get a new animated cutscene showing the Turtles fight Oroku Saki and defeat him.

Utrommaniac 08-02-2017 11:30 AM

I've seen a few more of them. Including the ones with Slashuur. Who seemed like he could have been pretty cool.

CyberCubed 08-02-2017 11:35 AM

Guys, literally all you have to do is watch the cutscenes for the first two games on youtube, it's not that hard. People have compiled them there or in their playthroughs.

The first two games had new 2D animated cutscenes, the third game just went with all CG cutscenes.

sdp 08-02-2017 12:08 PM

I don't want to watch play throughs or be forwarding through them to watch the cutscenes.

Are all the cutscenes original or do they actually take some from the show?

Utrommaniac 08-02-2017 12:14 PM

It's a mix, from what I remember. There are some scenes that are from the show, and others that aren't. It goes up until they sink Shredder's ship, and there's an extra scene with Slashuur with the turtles.

CyberCubed 08-02-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1704062)
Are all the cutscenes original or do they actually take some from the show?

They loosely follow the Seasons 1 and 2 story that the games were based on, but they have unique takes like the clip above that never happened in the show.

TheSkeletonMan939 08-02-2017 02:08 PM

Does anyone have the third video game's bonus cutscenes, where it's just skits of the turtles doing stupid stuff? E.g., Splinter using the Force to stop Nano, Shredder's mom calling him in the middle of a battle, Casey Jones singing... I thought that all was hilarious.

Utrommaniac 08-02-2017 02:34 PM

I've mostly seen the one with the phone call on Tumblr, but not really on Youtube.

Now, this begs the question in the context of that universe...is it the performer's in the armor...or the Utrom performer's?

The-Shredder 08-02-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1704095)
Does anyone have the third video game's bonus cutscenes, where it's just skits of the turtles doing stupid stuff? E.g., Splinter using the Force to stop Nano, Shredder's mom calling him in the middle of a battle, Casey Jones singing... I thought that all was hilarious.

If I recall correctly, those clips also aired during commercial breaks on the FoxBox. Here's a playlist with some of them. I couldn't find the one with Splinter.

There is also a video with all the clips from Mutant Nightmare. The CGI ones start at 19:20.

TheSkeletonMan939 08-03-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Shredder (Post 1704245)
If I recall correctly, those clips also aired during commercial breaks on the FoxBox. Here's a playlist with some of them. I couldn't find the one with Splinter.

That's it - thanks for finding those. They're so stupidly funny... especially anything with Casey. :lol:

BubblyShell22 09-03-2017 06:32 PM

I definitely liked the one with Shredder calling his mom and Hun tripping over something when trying to attack Leo.

Prowler 09-06-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1704065)
It's a mix, from what I remember. There are some scenes that are from the show, and others that aren't. It goes up until they sink Shredder's ship, and there's an extra scene with Slashuur with the turtles.

Yep, on BattleNexus 2 there were both cartoon clips and game made cutscenes. I actually played BN before watching the entire 2nd season, so I was disappointed when Slashuur turned out to be a video game character only.

That being said, BattleNexus 2 was a crappy game.