The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Mission Impossible 7 and 8 to be filmed back to back (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60918)

TigerClaw 01-14-2019 06:48 PM

Mission Impossible 7 and 8 to be filmed back to back

Mission Impossible 7 and 8 will be filmed back to back with Director Christopher McQuarrie and starring Tom Cruise. 7 will be released on Summer 2021 and 8 will be released on Summer 2022.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...ck-1202986902/
https://twitter.com/TomCruise/status...64387335618560

Andrew NDB 01-14-2019 10:33 PM

That's a big M:I overload. But I loved the last movie.

Leo656 01-14-2019 10:41 PM

I tapped out on this franchise when they killed off Emilio in the first five minutes of the first one, and didn't even put his name in the credits.

Treating the most talented actor in your film in such a disgraceful manner will NOT win you the "Leo656 Gold Star of Approval", I'll tell you that for nothin'. Never looked back.

oldmanwinters 01-14-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1789410)
I tapped out on this franchise when they killed off Emilio in the first five minutes of the first one, and didn't even put his name in the credits.

Treating the most talented actor in your film in such a disgraceful manner will NOT win you the "Leo656 Gold Star of Approval", I'll tell you that for nothin'. Never looked back.

That first film was so odd how they killed off their original "team" and then revealed that the original M:I protagonist from way back in the TV series had been behind it all. My mom, who was a fan of the TV show from way back, was not pleased.

Leo656 01-14-2019 11:36 PM

Yeah, I was never a fan, so that entire twist was lost on me, but my Dad thought it was stupid, too.

TigerClaw 01-15-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1789412)
That first film was so odd how they killed off their original "team" and then revealed that the original M:I protagonist from way back in the TV series had been behind it all. My mom, who was a fan of the TV show from way back, was not pleased.

I remembered that Peter Grave. Who played Mr Phelps in the original series didn't liked that his character turned out to be the villain.

Either way. These MI movies always centered on Tom Cruise. It was more his movie then theirs.

oldmanwinters 01-15-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1789444)
I remembered that Peter Grave. Who played Mr Phelps in the original series didn't liked that his character turned out to be the villain.

Either way. These MI movies always centered on Tom Cruise. It was more his movie then theirs.

Kudos to him! They should have just changed the character's name for the film and kept the twist about a retired team leader. Maybe Peter Graves would have been willing to do the part so long as it didn't tarnish the legacy of his character for that older generation of fans.

Coola Yagami 01-15-2019 01:25 PM

I guess it was their way of saying 'yeah but our MI is better'.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 01-15-2019 01:28 PM

Never cared about this franchise. Didn't finish the first movie.

I do find it interesting that McQuarrie chose to film these movies instead of taking on either of the DC properties that his name had been connected with (Green Lantern, Man of Steel 2). I'd rather have those films than more MI, but whatever.

CyberCubed 01-15-2019 02:34 PM

Every Mission Impossible movie except for 2 is great. These films are better than any James Bond film over the last 20 years.

sdp 01-15-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1789491)
Every Mission Impossible movie except for 2 is great. These films are better than any James Bond film over the last 20 years.

I remember Mission Impossible 2 winning "best movie of the year" in one of my yearbook end of the year round ups. Sure we were kids but they loved it, also that limp bizkit MI song is amazing

I remember loving MI 1 as a kid, bought the bad N64 video game and forced myself to like it. MI2 I remember thinking I liked it but I remember nothing of it. I watched MI3 and remember thinking it was decent. Looks like I need to catch up.

Egon1982 01-23-2019 11:50 AM

Dug the last movie myself, my third fave film of last year and sure there was a dud in the franchise and all, but hey i can't wait to see how they finish this franchise.

Papenbrook 07-25-2020 07:30 PM

Well, it looks like Paramount Pictures ( and by extension, the Mission Impossible crew, ) are trying to blow up a(n) 111-year-old bridge ... for a movie stunt.

Just when Paramount couldn't get any more despicable ...

neatoman 07-25-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1854357)
Well, it looks like Paramount Pictures ( and by extension, the Mission Impossible crew, ) are trying to blow up 111-year-old bridge ... for a movie stunt.

Why not just build a model?

Coola Yagami 07-25-2020 08:02 PM

Shoulda just had Tom Cruise's character be the same one from the show.

TigerClaw 07-25-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1854358)
Why not just build a model?

As much as they can just do it all in CGI. The Mission Impossible movies always try to be as practical as possible.

Sumac 07-26-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papenbrook (Post 1854357)
Well, it looks like Paramount Pictures ( and by extension, the Mission Impossible crew, ) are trying to blow up a(n) 111-year-old bridge ... for a movie stunt.

LOL, being snowflake about a bridge. Guess, it was a slow news day. :lol:

I am sure if they will be allowed to blow up the bridge it is for a good reason.
Also, I wonder what "more despicable" mean? What Paramount had done to incur "wrath of snowflakes"?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-26-2020 12:21 PM

Alas, poor bridge.

Never again shall it span a divide. Never again shall it be crossed by weary travelers' feet.

Alas.

sdp 07-26-2020 07:18 PM

I wonder how often I repeat myself in threads, I was literally going to type exactly the same post that I did a year ago on the thread. Anywho, I just got my mind blown that the first movie is actually a sequel to the two tv shows, and the one character who was the bad guy was the good guy in the two tv shows.

neatoman 07-26-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1854458)
I wonder how often I repeat myself in threads, I was literally going to type exactly the same post that I did a year ago on the thread. Anywho, I just got my mind blown that the first movie is actually a sequel to the two tv shows, and the one character who was the bad guy was the good guy in the two tv shows.

I keep thinking necro-posted threads are new threads and get confused about how to respond, as I rightly feel like it's familiar.