The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rambo 5 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=28363)

Hordak 09-08-2009 11:49 PM

Rambo 5

Always excited about Rambo movies especially after the last one but a little nervous after reading this & hearing about the direction they are going...:

Stallone has owned the film rights to the novel "Hunter" by James Byron Huggins for about 10 years, and it looks like he's adapting that book as the next "Rambo" film. Here's the synopsis for the newly-titled Rambo 5: The Savage Hunt:

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Artic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly-skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is a terror beyond their wildest imagination - a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to contront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.

I liked the original rumored plot line about him fighting people traffickers & drug lords looking for a kidnapped girl at the Mexican boarder.

Brodie 09-09-2009 12:14 AM

This is the most insane thing I've heard in a long time.

Why would Rambo go from unrelenting-gorefest realistic scenario (last film) and jump to what sounds like a storyline in a Wolverine book?

Ninjinister 09-09-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hordak (Post 719570)
Stallone has owned the film rights to the novel "Hunter" by James Byron Huggins for about 10 years, and it looks like he's adapting that book as the next "Rambo" film. Here's the synopsis for the newly-titled Rambo 5: The Savage Hunt:

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Artic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly-skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is a terror beyond their wildest imagination - a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to contront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.

I seem to be saying this a lot these days:

".......What?"

Raph's Girl 09-09-2009 12:22 AM

Rambo vs Predator.....

Eh why not...there's an upcoming Robin Hood movie where Robin fights a monster.... :roll:

Roland 09-09-2009 02:05 PM

Rambo vs Predator.

Reminds me of the contra games. But i think it can rock. Maybe if rambo finds out there is whole swarm of predators and gets attack by more than one this might get really interesting.

Magneto 09-09-2009 05:11 PM

Seems like they are 'jumping the shark' so to speak with some of the details concerning this storyline, but I do like how it's essentially bringing things full circle where Rambo is now the hunter, and not the hunted. Which was the case in, First Blood.

Dan 09-09-2009 05:30 PM

If Stallone wants to do a Sci-Fi film why put Rambo in it?

Raph's Girl 09-09-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 719707)
If Stallone wants to do a Sci-Fi film why put Rambo in it?

Cuz he only has 2 characters. Rocky and Rambo....and Rocky fighting monsters would be just plain up the wall....Unless....he like gets abducted and has to do boxing matches in space and stuff....

Cure 09-09-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph's Girl (Post 719727)
Cuz he only has 2 characters. Rocky and Rambo....and Rocky fighting monsters would be just plain up the wall....Unless....he like gets abducted and has to do boxing matches in space and stuff....

I'm pretty sure that was a rhetorical question.

Hordak 09-10-2009 01:45 AM

He should have just made this seprate from the Rambo series then maybe I would be excited about it like his upcoming The Expendables film. I will probably check it out but even my wife was like, wtf? That doesn't sound like Rambo!

Spitfire 09-10-2009 02:38 AM

All these years later and he's still trying to rip off Arnold.

Hordak 09-10-2009 10:50 AM

A little more info that surfaced today I found on a site,
"Monster news (pun intended) hit AICN this morning as they received (and posted) a voicemail from Sylvester Stallone who clarified the villain in his forthcoming fifth Rambo film, currently titled Rambo V: The Savage Hunt. While it was originally reported there would be super soldiers like in Universal Soldier, Stallone clarifies, "It's actually a feral beast, a thing, it's this an amalgamation of fury and intelligence and pure unadulterated rage. Its before men became human." He continues, "[It's] Your worst nightmare... you're battling your primitive self." It looks like we'll have a reason to cover this one. Seriously though, how awesome will this be if it's as bloody as the fourth Rambo? BRING IT!"

Sounds like Rambo vs Predator to me in a way! Lol! I still see it cause I like Stallone & Rambo. Spitfire did you hear Arnold was making a cameo in Stallone's new The Expendables movie?

Spitfire 09-10-2009 12:30 PM

Yeah along with every other action movie star for the past 15 years. That movie I'm looking forward to seeing just because of how ludicrous the cast is.

Hordak 09-10-2009 12:37 PM

Yea it pretty crazy! Stone Cold, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Rourke, & Dolph Lundgren is back! I can't believe Steven Segal(I think he was approached) & Jean Claude Van Dam turned it down! What are they doing? Both are direct to DVD kings now! lol! And Wesley Snipes too cause I think they asked him as well!

Andrew NDB 09-10-2009 12:38 PM

You can listen to Stallone talking about it himself here:
http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009...yVoiceMail.mov

People seem to be ignoring the underlying subtext of what he's saying. It seems pretty clear to me: Rambo isn't hunting some monster, or some rogue dude... the monster he's hunting is himself.

He's been a ticking time bomb since the first movie. A split personality/Jeckyll & Hyde type of thing would work.

Hordak 09-10-2009 12:44 PM

I don't know bro, he says ""It's actually a feral beast, a thing, it's this an amalgamation of fury and intelligence and pure unadulterated rage. Its before men became human." sounds like a monster thing to me. Maybe it has some Rambo DNA in it since it might have been made by the government & Rambo is the best at what he does.

Brodie 09-10-2009 12:48 PM

With what you just quoted Hordak, that sounds more like Andrew is right. It makes it sound like Rambo is sent to hunt this feral beast, and "before men became human" specifically sounds like it is infact a man. The term "human" just makes it sound like they mean "men before they had a consence/compassion/thought/etc."

You dig?

Magneto 09-10-2009 12:56 PM

Whatever this "Beast" is unveiled to be, it sounds like there will be many parallels drawn between this, and what Rambo's experience was in First Blood. Which I think can work on a number of levels and bring the series completely full circle.

discordiatookie 09-10-2009 03:12 PM

I personally think that this sounds awesome!

Even better would be Rambo vs Dutch.

And as for Stallone only having two characters: Cobra. That is one cool mutha right there.

Hordak 09-10-2009 03:28 PM

Yea I follow. And only time will tell! But Dutch vs Rambo, yeah that would be cool! And Cobra was bad***!