The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Splinter and turtles new origins *spoilers* (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60945)

Panda_Kahn_fan 01-20-2019 11:47 AM

Splinter and turtles new origins *spoilers*

So, we now know splinter and the turtles were created by Baron Draxum from mutating Lou Jitsu and four baby turtles. This is quite a change from the traditional origin, but still far better than learning martial arts from a book.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lou Jitsu is just the character Hamato Yoshi plays in a series of martial arts movies. Still, I actually do like we have Splinter getting his martial arts skills from a source other than a modern ninja clan. though I guess it means the Yoshi-Saki backstory might not exist in this universe. Though we may be getting a supernatural-based shredder in this universe, if the two foot mystics are any indication.

What did everyone else think?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 01-20-2019 11:58 AM

I think the writers try to come up with something new, and not even have any Shredder at all.

Toxin45 01-20-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1790136)
I think the writers try to come up with something new, and not even have any Shredder at all.

Nah they did state in interviews hinted at classic characters appearing and we got a version of stockman called stockboi and we got the purple dragons.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 01-20-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxin45 (Post 1790138)
stockman called stockboi and we got the purple dragons.

Those aren't Shredder.

Toxin45 01-20-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1790142)
Those aren't Shredder.

I think they will show shredder and other characters eventually it's just a master of time we just need to wait until later episodes of season 2

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 01-20-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxin45 (Post 1790143)
I think they will show shredder and other characters eventually it's just a master of time we just need to wait until later episodes of season 2

Do you believe we will get Krang, Triceratons or Utroms too?

Toxin45 01-20-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1790144)
Do you believe we will get Krang, Triceratons or Utroms too?

Eventually interviews did hinted at classic characters returning like they mentioned Casey jones as one of their favorites so just be paicent.

victory_angel 01-20-2019 12:36 PM

I can see the Triceratons or Krang showing up in future seasons.

As for the Shredder, not every version needs to include him. At least not right off the bat, he could still be a presence that is hinted at and slowly revealed as things progress because he is actually more intimidating as a character when we don't see him on screen.

Currently, we do have hints the Shredder is coming due to the appearances of the Foot Clan. The Turtles in this version aren't taking these guys seriously. They just think they are a couple of weird guys who steal stuff, such as the first appearance they were stealing paper to make an army of origami warriors. The next appearance the Turtles think they are just stealing a ring when in reality they were taking the gauntlet the ring was placed on. Then in "Stuck on You" They were stealing another gauntlet, again the Turtles don't think anything of it. Though this is one of the first times they are relatively thwarted since Origami Tsunami.

Toxin45 01-20-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victory_angel (Post 1790154)
I can see the Triceratons or Krang showing up in future seasons.

As for the Shredder, not every version needs to include him. At least not right off the bat, he could still be a presence that is hinted at and slowly revealed as things progress because he is actually more intimidating as a character when we don't see him on screen.

Currently, we do have hints the Shredder is coming due to the appearances of the Foot Clan. The Turtles in this version aren't taking these guys seriously. They just think they are a couple of weird guys who steal stuff, such as the first appearance they were stealing paper to make an army of origami warriors. The next appearance the Turtles think they are just stealing a ring when in reality they were taking the gauntlet the ring was placed on. Then in "Stuck on You" They were stealing another gauntlet, again the Turtles don't think anything of it. Though this is one of the first times they are relatively thwarted since Origami Tsunami.

Well Shreder is hinted to appear in later seasons eventually.

Coola Yagami 01-22-2019 12:55 AM

Stop pretending has a serious story worth caring about. Just roll with it. This isn't the 2K3 or 2012 show

FredWolfLeonardo 01-22-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1790338)
Stop pretending has a serious story worth caring about. Just roll with it. This isn't the 2K3 or 2012 show

What's your problem with people enjoying and caring about Rise?

sdp 01-22-2019 10:39 AM

I don't mind the change, I do prefer the "by chance" origin of the ooze falling but this is decent and better than say the PD origin that also changed things up. I think we all expected Draxum to be involved since the synopsis of him creating mutants before the show aired so it isn't a big shock that he was involved either.

I do love the Battle Nexus being mentioned, I can't believe that 2012 ignored such a cool concept in favor of episodes of zombies and a crapload of horror themed episodes. I hope we eventually see the Battle Nexus in Rise.

Coola Yagami 01-22-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1790339)
What's your problem with people enjoying and caring about Rise?

Not really a problem, but I mean enjoy the show for what it is. Insane silliness. Don't try so hard to look for something that isn't there, ya know?

It just sounds kinda like, well this show isn't as deep as 2K3 and 2012.... let's make up our own personal headcanon to make it just as deep!!

MaximeLoonatic 01-22-2019 04:57 PM

The Foot Clan is planning to bring back their master, that's what I think after seeing the two of them recollecting parts of an armor that looked like bad news. And now they are recruiting the Baron Draxxum; they need him as a scientist and acknowledged of the mystical.

And now, Splinter:
What he hides in many masks?
Before he was LouJitsu he was Hamato Yoshi, but why hiding under that identity? Because he was a fugitive of the Foot Clan. If more classic characters are appearing, I hope we could get Tang Shen; I think she would be involved as part of the triangle love between them and Oroku Saki... That ended in tragedy. Now, he also hides that he was the famous martial arts actor from the rest of the worl and from his family, because he is aware that the new main villain would try to destroy the new life he has and corrupt his children.

Toxin45 01-22-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1790409)
Not really a problem, but I mean enjoy the show for what it is. Insane silliness. Don't try so hard to look for something that isn't there, ya know?

It just sounds kinda like, well this show isn't as deep as 2K3 and 2012.... let's make up our own personal headcanon to make it just as deep!!

Nah it's just your headcannon and I seen the interviews and behind the scenes so classic characters show up eventually.

Galactus 02-12-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxin45 (Post 1790479)
Nah it's just your headcannon and I seen the interviews and behind the scenes so classic characters show up eventually.

Classic characters showing up is one thing but how recognisable will they actually be?

Full disclosure; I'm not watching the show but if Baxter has shown up as a child called Stockboy what is the betting that Shredder is showing up as a..oh I dunno a wacky mutant cyborg called 'Shredman' or something?

Even if he is basically the Shredder unless he has a rivalry with Splinter is he really the Shredder?

The problem with slow-burn approach is it assume we're in for a long haul with this show. I realise that Nickelodeon is committed to this iteration as it has toys to sell but just is not connecting with fans and seemingly not with kids either. It's basically just a placeholder until the next version comes along. It might not the chance for Shredder or other classic characters to appear.

Toxin45 02-12-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactus (Post 1794085)
Classic characters showing up is one thing but how recognisable will they actually be?

Full disclosure; I'm not watching the show but if Baxter has shown up as a child called Stockboy what is the betting that Shredder is showing up as a..oh I dunno a wacky mutant cyborg called 'Shredman' or something?

Even if he is basically the Shredder unless he has a rivalry with Splinter is he really the Shredder?

The problem with slow-burn approach is it assume we're in for a long haul with this show. I realise that Nickelodeon is committed to this iteration as it has toys to sell but just is not connecting with fans and seemingly not with kids either. It's basically just a placeholder until the next version comes along. It might not the chance for Shredder or other classic characters to appear.

Nah still your opinion and you don't have evidence either.

Galactus 02-12-2019 11:04 PM

Evidence of what exactly?

They have already drastically altered some primary TMNT concepts and characters. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that if/when Shredder shows up he will be significantly altered also.

The faith some fans have that somehow, someway that despite all this the whole thing will start to make sense and will resemble the classic TMNT reminds of the fans who really, really believed that the Platinum Dunes sequel would reveal Splinter didn't really learn ninjitsu from a book and that he and the turtles would be reincarnated Hamato Yoshi and his sons like in IDW or that prior to being in the lab Splinter belonged to Hamato Yoshi. Didn't happen.

It's unlikely to happen here either.

LeotheLateBloomer 02-13-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactus (Post 1794085)
I realize that Nickelodeon is committed to this iteration as it has toys to sell but just is not connecting with fans and seemingly not with kids either. It's basically just a placeholder until the next version comes along.

I kinda figured that much.

shredder orokusaki 02-13-2019 08:38 AM

i already has been mutant in 2012 and also in movies so being mutant again is not something new. still will be enemies will splinter like we always are before he mutates into rat dont worry!