The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ai's Official Tech Support Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=11077)

Tetsu Deinonychus 09-06-2005 08:23 PM

Do you know what I need to download in order to enter Japanese text into Adobe Photoshop?

Everytime I try, it turns into question marks.

09-07-2005 06:47 AM

Well, if you have the Japanese language pack, you can go into your Regional settings in the control panel and add the Japanese keyboard into your language bar. Once that's done, change the input mode to hiragana and you're good to go. If you mess around with the settings of the Japanese keyboard, you can get it to automatically detect words that require kanji.

Tetsu Deinonychus 09-07-2005 09:32 AM

I already did that. But, photoshop turns that to question marks.

09-07-2005 10:09 AM

Do you have an older version of Photoshop? I use Photoshop CS and it works fine for me.

Tetsu Deinonychus 09-07-2005 10:28 AM

Yeah, I'm using 5.0.

09-07-2005 10:40 AM

If the Japanese input works on other things such as Wordpad, then it's probably because your Photoshop is outdated. I never tried it on any other version, so I can't be 100% sure.

Tetsu Deinonychus 09-07-2005 10:42 AM

That sucks. I don't suppose they have the decency to give free updates to those who already have Photoshop?

09-07-2005 10:43 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, that was a good one. Free updates. You're funny.

Kid Icarus 09-10-2005 09:30 PM

LOLLERSKATES!!1!11 @ Tetsu

Question, Ai.

I installed a wireless card in my PC. It works fine and such. However, when ever I start up, and log into, W2k it detects a PCI card that's not installed... when all my PCI hardware's installed. It doesn't give any info as to what card's doing the messup, it's just calling it a "PCI Device".

What's up with that, is it a serious problem, and how do I make it stop doing it?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a new graphics card (this one's about to poop out). Are those user-install-able, or should I just make Best Buy do it?

GK Punk 09-10-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
LOLLERSKATES!!1!11 @ Tetsu

Question, Ai.

I installed a wireless card in my PC. It works fine and such. However, when ever I start up, and log into, W2k it detects a PCI card that's not installed... when all my PCI hardware's installed. It doesn't give any info as to what card's doing the messup, it's just calling it a "PCI Device".

What's up with that, is it a serious problem, and how do I make it stop doing it?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a new graphics card (this one's about to poop out). Are those user-install-able, or should I just make Best Buy do it?

Those are super easy to install. Just pop out your old one, and put the new one in it's place. takes about 10 minutes.

09-10-2005 09:36 PM

It's a wireless network card for a desktop computer, correct? That should've come with some drivers on a CD. You pop that sucker in, and it installs the drivers for you.

And yeah, video cards are a simple "pop out the old one, pop in the new one" type deal. Nothing hard at all.

Kid Icarus 09-11-2005 07:54 AM

Oh, the wireless card's installed fine. Drivers and all. Infact, I'm on my 11g network right now ;).

I think it might be the old ethernet card. Would it harm the computer to just remove it?

09-11-2005 07:56 AM

Oh, I read the post wrong. I'm sorry.

Yeah, go ahead and remove it. If you use the wireless card, there's no sense in having it in there.

Kid Icarus 09-12-2005 03:47 PM

Ai, you are a god among men.

I popped the ethernet card, and my old 56k, out. All the problems stopped. w00t.

ThirdMarioBro 09-15-2005 01:59 AM

Ai, are there any good RAR decrypters out there that are free and won't stop working after 30 days *coughWinRARcough*? I need one to decompress some SPC files for a little hack job I'm doing.

09-15-2005 08:15 AM

...what? WinRAR keeps working after the 30 days. It kinda works like WinZip. It's like, "you SHOULD register this product, but you can keep using it." I've had WinRAR on my computer for almost 6 months now.

Barkworm 09-15-2005 08:44 AM

I've had WinRar for like 2 years now and it never stopped working.

ThirdMarioBro 09-17-2005 02:16 PM

Cool, then I'll keep using it. :)

Now I have a new problem. iTunes is dead, and whenever I try to reinstall the new version of it, I get this message...

Quote:

Originally Posted by this fu*king computer
1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime.

What do I do? :(

09-17-2005 02:21 PM

Get an older version. It keeps telling me to update, but I refuse!

Duke 09-19-2005 06:16 AM

Sometimes when i try to watch something using windows media player I get this message "nothing to output bframe decoder lag." I've never had this problem before any advice?