The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Official Technodrome "Favorite Character" Polls & Hub (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38308)

Donnie 07-15-2012 11:52 PM

The Official Technodrome "Favorite Character" Polls & Hub

Greetings, everyone!

Thanks to Krang for giving this thread and system of ordinance the green light.

With all of the 2012 Nick Turtles news and media streaming in at a seemingly fast speed, our forum community has been bustling with topics of discussion, exciting and some leading to great conservations about our favorite franchise. However, we've also suffered from a bit of unorganized thread placement and an array of unnecessary (sometimes even double) topics.

People can complain all they want when another "Who is Your Favorite Turtle?" thread pops up, but it doesn't change the fact that this question will always be asked, mostly by new members who haven't scanned the search engine on the forum. Some fault belongs to them because they have not been entirely diligent, yet at the same time there are no forum rules that state a time frame in topics concerning "Favorite" polls.

So, I purpose a system of ordinance concerning "Favorite" (Character) polls. Seeing as how there are already 2 sans-poll threads asking who your favorite character is/who your favorite Turtle is, I suggest having a one-year duration "official" Technodrome poll/thread for favorite Turtle, and another for secondary characters.

Throughout the year the 2 polls are active, all "Favorite Turtle" threads will now be merged in this central hub of discussion (and, likewise, for secondary characters) if they are subsequently started. When the polls are deactivated in a year's time, there should be a reasonable knowledge gained on the part of the community as a whole so as to not start another Favorites thread for at least six months. After this six (give or take depending on circumstance) month period, another poll can be "officially" started.

So there you have it, folks! Vote and discuss using the links below!

Jester 07-16-2012 12:07 AM

See, that's why years ago, we added the "Favorite TMNT Character" option to the user profile....and even THAT didn't keep the threads from popping up. Here's hoping this works better. :D

Donnie 07-16-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 971184)
See, that's why years ago, we added the "Favorite TMNT Character" option to the user profile....and even THAT didn't keep the threads from popping up. Here's hoping this works better. :D

It's worth a shot, right? :)

shreddinghead 01-02-2013 02:16 PM

Early childhood, Rocksteady. Late childhood, The Shredder. As an adult, i have to say Leatherhead. It's not easy choosing though, love them all. Can't say there has been a character popping up in the turtles universe that i detested, well i might have, but not to my recollection.

1/2Shell 01-13-2013 09:29 AM

A tie between:

April O'Neil. She's my favorite female animated character of all time.

Splinter. He's the glue that holds the show together.

To break the tie, I have to flip a coin. Hold on...

Heads, April Tails Splinter.

*flips*

It's Splinter!

shreddinghead 01-13-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1/2Shell (Post 1041462)
A tie between:

April O'Neil. She's my favorite female animated character of all time.

Splinter. He's the glue that holds the show together.

To break the tie, I have to flip a coin. Hold on...

Heads, April Tails Splinter.

*flips*

It's Splinter!

I wouldn't take a franchise serious if i were to decide which character i liked best by flipping a coin.

1/2Shell 01-13-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shreddinghead (Post 1041538)
I wouldn't take a franchise serious if i were to decide which character i liked best by flipping a coin.

Yeah, but it was sort of a weighted decision. I feel like my personality really jibes with Master Splinter. He was really the heart of the series.

For instance, I liked the moment where he saves the TMNT in the junkyard by driving in there with the Turtle van and blasting Shredder's gang, then remarking... "It's amazing what one can do when one is forced to!" Great line. Plus the early episodes where he went toe-to-toe with Shredder in combat was proof that he was the most bad@$$ of all the characters in the series.

DVD 03-30-2013 06:53 PM

I really like Bebop n Rocksteady in the OT, then Leatherhead in the 2K3 shows.
This latest incarnation, Mikey, hands down. Great character.

KG5000 04-24-2013 12:22 AM

Mondo Gecko every time!

shredderhead 06-13-2013 02:44 PM

For me Bishop is the best villain alongside with Shredder in the 2k3..
Rock steady and Bebop are my favorites in the OT, except for the moments where splinter faces shredder xD

CowabungaMikey 06-17-2013 02:34 AM

Michelangelo. I love him the most in the 1987 cartoon, but he's awesome in any other incarnations. Shredder and the other Turtles are awesome too, of course.

SoundBlaster7 06-18-2013 06:06 AM

I prefer the villains from the OT series to heroes. Krang and Shredder are so much fun. My face always lights up when the Technodrome scenes start.
Honorable mention goes to April as she is my all-time favorite animated female character.

Leatherhead would have to be one of my favs along with Splinter from 2k3.
I should really re-watch this show...

Mikey is my favorite from the 2012 series, with Don being a close second.

Danetello 07-30-2013 04:38 PM

Donatello and Michelangelo in what ever series! :D

TitanPictures 08-19-2013 05:19 AM

Donatello when i was a kid, now days I think between Raph and Mike

Pterobat 08-20-2013 07:33 PM

I just can't decide between Splinter and Baxter, though I only liked Baxter as an adult, while Splinter was one of my childhood heroes.

As a young one, I also liked Wingnut, Jagwar, Dreadmon, Man Ray, Azrael, Ninjara, and Chien Khan, though not so much anymore. There's not really much to their characters, except for being animals that I thought were cool.

Quarry is my other new favourite character as an (alleged) grown-up, though I wish she'd been presented as a female character from the start.

snake 08-20-2013 07:37 PM

Mikey, Snakeweed, Or OT Krang or Shredder

mca19 02-06-2014 05:30 AM

Gotta be....

Gotta be Leonardo. Leading that team of A.D.D turtles couldn't have been easy.

Gabriel GP 02-06-2014 08:25 AM

Raphael in all incarnations tied with Shredder and Karai from IDWs.

Raphael cuz always was my favorite character from the franchise, and the IDWs version from Shredder and mainly Karai are freaking awesome on this series.

Warhorse 02-23-2014 12:46 AM

Raph has and will always be my favorite character, in all incarnations. Now, my second favorite Turtle depends on what I am watching/reading.

Leo-Mirage and 2k3
Donny-2007
Mikey-1990-1993 films and Fred Wolf toon.

goodfellaray 02-23-2014 12:57 AM

Raphael, then and now, will always be my favorite.

A couple of throw pillows, a TV news reporter!