The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Shredder announced for Death Battle! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58567)

FredWolfLeonardo 08-16-2017 03:30 PM

Shredder announced for Death Battle!

I'm very excited to announce to the drome that Shredder is making his debut in Death Battle on September the 4th! Watch the video from 19:06 to see his reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5De-wnfqto

Tmnt has appeared in Death Battle before, but only the turtles. The first was a Ninja Turtles Battle Royale where Leonardo came out on top. Leonardo then went on to fight Zitz from Battle Toads and won again so tmnt has a pretty good track record on the show.

I don't know anything about Shredder's opponent, Silver Samurai, but as a tmnt fan, I will be cheering for Shredder :)

Autbot_Benz 08-16-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1707754)
I'm very excited to announce to the drome that Shredder is making his debut in Death Battle on September the 4th! Watch the video from 19:06 to see his reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5De-wnfqto

Tmnt has appeared in Death Battle before, but only the turtles. The first was a Ninja Turtles Battle Royale where Leonardo came out on top. Leonardo then went on to fight Zitz from Battle Toads and won again so tmnt has a pretty good track record on the show.

I don't know anything about Shredder's opponent, Silver Samurai, but as a tmnt fan, I will be cheering for Shredder :)

Silver Samurai is an X-men Villain specficlly one of Wolverine's

FredWolfLeonardo 08-16-2017 03:38 PM

Does anyone here who knows about Silver Samurai think that Shredder stands a chance? If Silver Samurai is really a foe to someone as powerful as Wolverine then I'd be a bit worried for Shredder :P

Based on what Death Battle usually does however, the Shredder they will be using will be a composite of all the versions so I think that will work in favour of him since many different versions have shown alot of strengths.

ToTheNines 08-16-2017 03:41 PM

Silver Samurai is way more powerful.

snake 08-16-2017 05:56 PM

Are they going to include stuff such as Tengu Shredder? I'm not too familiar with SS.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-16-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1707783)
Are they going to include stuff such as Tengu Shredder?

Most likely a human Shredder with a mix of all the powers that the main Shredders have shown throughout the incarnations (e.g. 2012 Shredder transforming into Super Shredder, and all the versions having equalled Splinter and defeated all 4 turtles at once on multiple occassions).

MsMarvelDuckie 08-16-2017 09:18 PM

Silver Samurai has armor made of adamantium and uses a sword of same. He has years of training in martial arts and I believe he has some healing ability as well. Shredder will likely lose. This is someone even Wolverine has problems beating.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-16-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1707816)
Silver Samurai has armor made of adamantium and uses a sword of same. He has years of training in martial arts and I believe he has some healing ability as well. Shredder will likely lose. This is someone even Wolverine has problems beating.

I've recently been reading a little about SS, isn't it ony his sword made of adamantium and not his armor? Even then though, having a sword that can cut through the hardest of metals except for Wolverine's adamantium is bad news for Shredder.

If Shredder is to win, he will have to use his speed and offensive prowess because I cannot see him tanking even one blow from Silver Samurai's sword.

GoldMutant 08-16-2017 09:26 PM

Screwattack is honestly losing relevance with the exception of Death Battle. Without it, I honestly don't think they'd stay afloat at this point on YouTube.

Shredder is definitely going to lose. Duckie pretty much said all that was needed. Unless Shredder has access to being either Super, Cyber, or Tengu, he's getting his tin can kicked.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-16-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldMutant (Post 1707819)
Unless Shredder has access to being either Super, Cyber, or Tengu, he's getting his tin can kicked.

I don't know about Tengu or Cyber, but I think Super Shredder will still be vulnerable to being killed by Silver Samurai's sword since Leonardo was able to decapitate him with a regular katana.

MsMarvelDuckie 08-16-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1707818)
I've recently been reading a little about SS, isn't it ony his sword made of adamantium and not his armor? Even then though, having a sword that can cut through the hardest of metals except for Wolverine's adamantium is bad news for Shredder.

If Shredder is to win, he will have to use his speed and offensive prowess because I cannot see him tanking even one blow from Silver Samurai's sword.

Keep in mind I'm going by what I remember from the comics and the 90's X-Men cartoon. It's been a few years since I read anything about him. But I seem to recall the armor was made of it too.

dcat 08-16-2017 11:15 PM

Will they use my Shredder sprites? This should be cool, I'm rooting for Saki.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-17-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcat (Post 1707833)

Possibly, you should try and get in touch with them.

I always root for the character that I like, even if they have no chance of winning. Its more fun that way :P

oldmanwinters 08-17-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcat (Post 1707833)

I assuming the video would just about be finished by now and I would surely hope they would ask permission before using any custom sprites. If they don't use your sprites, they are certainly missing out on the best available 2D sources!

FredWolfLeonardo 08-17-2017 01:54 PM

I think it would be cool if this battle would be 3D animated. I kind of doubt it though since the last battle was 3D and looked especially well done so they might not have the budget.

dcat 08-17-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1707880)
I assuming the video would just about be finished by now and I would surely hope they would ask permission before using any custom sprites. If they don't use your sprites, they are certainly missing out on the best available 2D sources!

They don't need permission All my sprites are Open Source. I'm looking forward to the battle!!

DestronMirage22 08-17-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldMutant (Post 1707819)
Screwattack is honestly losing relevance with the exception of Death Battle. Without it, I honestly don't think they'd stay afloat at this point on YouTube.

Shredder is definitely going to lose. Duckie pretty much said all that was needed. Unless Shredder has access to being either Super, Cyber, or Tengu, he's getting his tin can kicked.

This.
Especially the part about Screwattack.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-23-2017 03:50 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zls2UEJp0q0

trailer for Shredder has been released, looks like they are using a composite version after all.

neatoman 08-23-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1709226)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zls2UEJp0q0

trailer for Shredder has been released, looks like they are using a composite version after all.

Of course they are, they always do that **** just to make it seem like the character has more tricks up their sleeve than any one version would be able to pull out.

FredWolfLeonardo 08-23-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1709230)
Of course they are, they always do that **** just to make it seem like the character has more tricks up their sleeve than any one version would be able to pull out.

Well to be fair, they will also probably use a Composite version of Silver Samurai.

Death Battle usually doesn't do just one specific version of a character, they look at all the incarnations and use the characters at their maximum potential.