The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why didn't April become famous? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57760)

Yabuturtle 04-13-2017 10:57 AM

Why didn't April become famous?

In Enter Krakus it was said that April was going to be famous in the future. She should have gotten a lot of attention, not just from her stories with the TMNT, but also with Dregg, since she exposed him.

Wouldn't exposing a warlord who was thought to have been benevolent make someone pretty famous? I always wondered because Krakus said she would be well known, and this act alone should have made her famous.

pferreira 04-13-2017 12:08 PM

My understanding is that April became at least more well known as a reporter after The Big Blow Out.

CyberCubed 04-13-2017 12:10 PM

Sounded like she becomes famous after the events of the show ended.

For what it's worth, in "Once upon a time machine" we see a 70 year old April still as a reporter, so I guess he never retired. :lol:

cammy85 04-13-2017 05:35 PM

She saved Krakus's father somehow. Maybe that's how she got famous. I wish they had explored that more.

I wonder if Chronos/Winston Fripp was his dad and the fact that she was the one who originally figured out who he was and got him the help he needed after exposing Dregg.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-14-2017 01:52 PM

Always wondered if Channel 6, in the series, was aviable all over the USA. We never came to know.

cammy85 04-14-2017 05:55 PM

That would make sense given why she went all over Europe on assignment at the same time as the Turtles.

oldmanwinters 04-15-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1676750)
Always wondered if Channel 6, in the series, was aviable all over the USA. We never came to know.

I figured Channel Six News must have been the equivalent of our Chicago's WGN.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-15-2017 02:10 PM

Chicago

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1676962)
Chicago's WGN.

Is that something you can only see in Chicago and nearby neighbour-towns?

ToTheNines 04-15-2017 02:20 PM

It was definitely local broadcast news, but being in Manhattan, it was a more glamorous reporting gig than most other non-cable news channels.

cammy85 04-15-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1676963)
Is that something you can only see in Chicago and nearby neighbour-towns?

No, it's a local Chicago station that broadcasts local programming yet is broadcast all over Canada and the US. Not a network, just a Superstation.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-16-2017 05:31 AM

Burne Thompson

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammy85 (Post 1676971)
No, it's a local Chicago station that broadcasts local programming yet is broadcast all over Canada and the US. Not a network, just a Superstation.

But shouldn't they have a supertall skyscraper then? I believe Channel 6 is the local New York City or New York-part of a giant TV-channel (and maybe also radio) which covers all of the USA (with different names).

Burne Thompson must have owned many stock market shares since he had much power, but there was still one episode where we saw someone superior to him.

ToTheNines 04-16-2017 05:43 AM

There was a broadcast tower on top of the Channel 6 building.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-16-2017 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1677048)
There was a broadcast tower on top of the Channel 6 building.

Probably required to avoid the skyscrapers blocking the airwaves sent from the station.

pferreira 04-20-2017 08:37 AM

I'm surprised no one asks where Channel stations 1-5 are located. :lol:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 05-03-2017 12:21 PM

Travel the USA

But shouldn't April and Irma travel more across the USA more? Actually, that could've been a great sideseason storyline, like the Vacation in Europe. (if we could just've given the turtles some excuses go accomany them, and end up in adventures)

Would've been great to se them visit places like Alaska, California, Florida, Hawaii, Midwest, New England, Northwest and Texas.

Donatello would've been fascinated with the Cape Kennedy Space Centre in Florida. Maybe General Yogure could've returned teaming up with the turtles in some space shuttle-adventure?

Leonardo would've liked being out practicing with Splinter at the peaceful prairies.

Michaelangelo would definately like windsurfing in California, Florida (Punk Frogs teamup) and Hawaii.

Raphael would've end up in trouble with mafia in Chicago.

Maybe a time travel episode back to Chicago 1920, or the Wild West?

Maybe we would also have seen April's family having a farmhouse in Northampton, Massachusetts like other TMNT versions.

Shredder and Krang would've followed them sometimes.

MsMarvelDuckie 05-03-2017 12:46 PM

TThey DID travel to Florida in the first Punk Frogs ep. And April vacationed there in another one, I think. They went with her and Irma. There was the one at Niagra Falls with the Technodrome sucking power from the power station there too. And wasn't there one where they went into space on the shuttle? Had to have gone to the Space Center for that one.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 05-03-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1680460)
TThey DID travel to Florida in the first Punk Frogs ep. And April vacationed there in another one, I think. They went with her and Irma. There was the one at Niagra Falls with the Technodrome sucking power from the power station there too. And wasn't there one where they went into space on the shuttle? Had to have gone to the Space Center for that one.

Yes they did, but I thought of something more compareable to the "Vacation in Europe" sidesason.