The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Power Rangers - the appreciation and discussion thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=11959)

Anarky 06-04-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 523280)
First visual confirmation of the 15th anniversary two part team-up featuring Johhny Young Bosch reprising his role as Adam

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...re/reunion.jpg

I see Emma Lahana from DT, Tori from NF and Bosch... but who are the others?

ZariusTwo 06-04-2007 03:58 PM

The guy in Red is Bridge from SPD, guy next to Martin is Xander from MF

VaughnMichael 06-04-2007 04:12 PM

yay adam!:D

Swany 06-04-2007 04:48 PM

I liked the original power Rangers. after that it got bad.

My friend Kevin was watching the movie the other day. They never fall over they HAVE to corkscrew in the air. And roll a bit.

Love it.

VaughnMichael 06-04-2007 04:51 PM

I honestly watched the show up untill around the time the next mutation turtles made a cameo on the show when divatox was the villian.

Swany 06-04-2007 04:54 PM

Whenever I watched it, it was always Rita whatshername. It took me ages to realises all the episdes followed the same thing.

Putties attack, monster attacks, monster grows, ROBOTS!, combined robots. Big sword.

Spoiler:
Power Rangers win. Yayyy!

Still awesome though.

ZariusTwo 06-04-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swany (Post 523320)
I liked the original power Rangers. after that it got bad

Nope. It got better.

But I don't expect the "casual types" to know any better

And the "same thing every week" comment is a load of s*ite given later seasons. The forumula of "destory the monster" remains, but the story is much more than that now and other sub-plots revolve around the basic concepts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpengler (Post 523284)
A shame the animated series might be dumped. By the looks of it it was going to be Old Skool Rangers.

Anyhow, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers the Movie was on HBO a minute ago and I got to watch it for the first time in 12 years. I actually enjoyed it (I've also been digging the reruns on Power Rangers Generations of the original series).

I looked it up on wikipedia and now I gotta ask, is it true the movie is not canon with the TV series just because it had a bigger budget and could afford nicer sets and better costumes? That's like saying Transformers the Movie isn't canon with the TV series because it had better animation and celebrity voice actors.

MMPR The Movie is'nt canon because it would have meant finding a different way of bringing in Ninjor and his footage from the Sentai series Kakuranger. They still had one more movie to go per their contract, hence they green-lit the cheap, in-canon (and superior) Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie to obligate the contract

About the only thing that remains canon from the movie is the fact Zordon's homeworld is "Eltar"

Swany 06-04-2007 05:07 PM

Dude, what the hell? The "casual" types? I was 6!

And I never said I was talking about the later seaons. I don't want to start an argument, I'm too nice for that. But I'm offended, to say the least.

Anarky 06-04-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 523294)
The guy in Red is Bridge from SPD, guy next to Martin is Xander from MF

Blimey, Bridge looks different. I loved SPD, the following seasons I'm not too fond of, but Bridge looked way different back then. And since when is he SPD Red? Maybe Sky's heading a new A-Squad perhaps? Who knows...

And I believe Zarius is talking about people who don't really follow the show and only see a few episodes when zapping through channel and remember "Hey, that's the show I used to watch as a kid. They kick robot ass!" when he's talking about casual types.

DrSpengler 06-04-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 523326)
MMPR The Movie is'nt canon because it would have meant finding a different way of bringing in Ninjor and his footage from the Sentai series Kakuranger. They still had one more movie to go per their contract, hence they green-lit the cheap, in-canon (and superior) Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie to obligate the contract

About the only thing that remains canon from the movie is the fact Zordon's homeworld is "Eltar"

Ah.

My memory of the post-Movie episodes are hazy at best. Did they not carry over the new Ninja Zords and what-not from the Movie? If they did, did they provide new explanations for how the characters got them?

Just curious.

ZariusTwo 06-04-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpengler (Post 523338)
Ah.

My memory of the post-Movie episodes are hazy at best. Did they not carry over the new Ninja Zords and what-not from the Movie? If they did, did they provide new explanations for how the characters got them?

Just curious.

Yes they did. Rita's brother Rito arrived with Tenga Warrior eggs (yes, they started using the movie's foot solideres yet the FILM is'nt canon), and led an attack on the Rangers with a few older monsters. Tommy got overconfident and kept fighting despite the attack severly damaging the Zords and causing a rift in the Morphin' Grid, stripping them of their powers.

It led to a memorable scene with the Thunderzords completly falling apart, heads, arms, everything. The rest of the "Ninja Quest" arc tweeked the plot of the movie to fit into using the Ninjor footage.

"Ninja Quest" is a very fun storyline, which kicked off the unpredictable, and very well crafted third season of the series. If you want story-arcs and badass sub-plots where Rita and Zedd came their closest to beating the Rangers virtually every week (and did), look no further.

DrSpengler 06-04-2007 07:01 PM

I'll see if "Ninja Quest" is on You Tube (though Generations should be getting close to season 3 right about now). I started losing interest in PR back in the day around season 3, which is why I have so few memories of it.

Thanks.

Lady Venus 06-05-2007 06:32 PM

I'm a big MMPR fan.

Duke 06-05-2007 07:14 PM

I'd love to pick up the first few seasons of MMPR on DVD. I'm hoping one day Disney will be wise enough to see the profit in such a release.

Brodie 06-05-2007 08:39 PM

I don't really have any new pertinent PR information, but I'm hoping to order the original Japanese figures of SPD, from a local dealer, cause they sell Japanese Mystic force and Overdrive figures. Not highly articulated, but cool.

Also, I refuse to let an Adams Family on Broadway thread get higher than PR.

The Terror of Death 06-05-2007 09:09 PM

Dino Thunder and In Space pwn all. Best action and best story. :D

So, what do you guys think of operation overdrive so far. I have mixed feelings about it.

DrSpengler 06-19-2007 05:45 PM

I've been having a great time on You Tube watching episodes of Zyuranger and MMPR and noting the differences.

For those who have watched all the way through Zyuranger, about when do they introduce the Green Ranger (episode number would be great)? I'd like to see how different their introduction of the Green Ranger is from our's.

ZariusTwo 07-14-2007 02:51 PM

"Once A Ranger" promo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bbBe4BwWuvE&m

DrSpengler 07-14-2007 03:21 PM

July 23rd, gotta mark that down. This looks like it's gonna be the best team-up since Forever Red.

VaughnMichael 07-14-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpengler (Post 536935)
July 23rd, gotta mark that down. This looks like it's gonna be the best team-up since Forever Red.

yeah I'm gonna have to remember this also. I wonder what Villians will be involved.