The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Season 5 Discussion Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56883)

Cartoon Fanboy 11-21-2016 08:11 AM

Season 5 Discussion Thread

Now that we Season 4 is coming to an end, here is all we know so far about the upcoming 5th season kg the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
  • We will have 20 episodes for this season.
  • A brand new villain named Kavaxas will debut. He will be voiced by Mark Hamill.
  • Karai will be taking over as the leader of The Foot Clan since Super Shredder is defeated in the Season 4 finale.
  • Tiger Claw will be part of another group which we still don't know much about.
  • Usagi will debut in this season as well.
  • We will have another crossover episode with the 1987 Turtles once more like Trans-Dimensional Turtles, only that with 1987 Shredder, 1987 Bebop, and 1987 Rocksteady.
  • 1987 Shredder in the upcoming crossover episode will be voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
  • Leonardo will be carrying around the Katana swords that he carries around in his Dark Leonardo disguise.

CyberCubed 11-21-2016 11:22 AM

With only 20 episodes and no new seasons announced, they better make every episode important. 20 episodes is a small amount of time to potentially wrap up the show.

Although I still hope to god we're getting a Season 6 and 7.

Cartoon Fanboy 11-21-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1641516)
With only 20 episodes and no new seasons announced, they better make every episode important. 20 episodes is a small amount of time to potentially wrap up the show.

Although I still hope to god we're getting a Season 6 and 7.

Yeah I also wish for a Season 6 and 7. I mean they can do more with the show.

Also with the 20 episodes, isn't there supposed to be three or four story arcs for this season?

FredWolfLeonardo 11-21-2016 11:32 AM

Awesome! Can't wait for this season. Only thing I would want though is that this season has 26 episodes instead of 20.

Also, regarding the second 80s crossover, it hasn't been confirmed that it will be in season 5 so far. Who knows, it could be nothing more than a small, animated and fun little short that doesn't fit into the main show's timeline. I'm sure it will be in the show however, but its always best to be vary of any unverified claims, such as the almost fully accepted claim before the release of TransDimensional Turtles that it was going to be a 2 parter.

Vicky82 11-21-2016 11:46 AM

Usagi hasn't actually been officially confirmed for season 5 yet but if season 5 is the last season, then it's most likely he will be in season 5.

Vicky82 11-21-2016 01:54 PM

I've just been listening to Ciro podcast and talks a little bit of season 5, it starts at 41 mins.

He says that the format is going to be different, there will be 3 and 4 part episodes.

Usagi shows up towards the end of season 5.

TMNTInsighter 11-21-2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1641543)

This actually worries me some. They need to introduce him within the first 10 episodes so that those final few episodes can bring the whole clash between our protagonists and our antagonists to an end.

Redworld96 11-21-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Oh so that was the part I didnt understand in the audio xD

ToTheNines 11-21-2016 02:43 PM

The Usagi stuff will be a 3 part episode.

snake 11-21-2016 03:54 PM

I'm very excited. Season 5 seems like it will be the best season of the show

picassotheninjaturtle 11-21-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1641560)
The Usagi stuff will be a 3 part episode.

Who said that?

ToTheNines 11-21-2016 04:07 PM

Ciro Nieli...

CyberCubed 11-21-2016 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter (Post 1641546)
This actually worries me some. They need to introduce him within the first 10 episodes so that those final few episodes can bring the whole clash between our protagonists and our antagonists to an end.

They probably didn't know they got the rights to Usagi until Season 5 was well into production. It makes sense that Usagi doesn't appear till the end, simply because early Season 5 was likely being scripted before they knew they could use him.

picassotheninjaturtle 11-21-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1641587)
Ciro Nieli...

He didn't say there would be a 3 part Usagi episode, he said there you be a 3 part arc and Usagi in the show.

ToTheNines 11-21-2016 04:48 PM

Listen again.

Ashwolf 11-21-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

I've just been listening to Ciro podcast and talks a little bit of season 5, it starts at 41 mins.

He says that the format is going to be different, there will be 3 and 4 part episodes.

posting this thought in spoiler since its purely speculation based on a episode title

Spoiler:
havent mentioned this yet since its a slim chance at happening but over the past few weeks, been thinking more about the forgotten swordsman episode and its possible that memories of leo somehow get wiped from their minds, either that or another new character will show up
since usagi isnt showing up until the later half of season 5

Leofan26 11-21-2016 08:01 PM

I'm lacking behind with season five information I guess, Karai 's plot going to evolve into 2003 Karai plot eh? I'm confused as to why she'd want to take over for Shredder's role since she's teaming up with Splinter / turtles in the season four final, revenge on Leo for failing saving both Splinter and Shredder?

I liked that plot for the 2003 series but it's odd right now for that plot to happen, guess will find out why soon.

Shoot, do not like Usagi appearing the final episodes for season five, I was hoping the beginning of season five :(

Dark Leo eh? Sweet!

Edit;

Why no crossover with the 2003 series? :(

FredWolfLeonardo 11-21-2016 08:07 PM

So based on what Ciro said, it seems like season 5 will be like a bunch of turtle movies, after the other while season 4 finishes the main storyline with the ultimate defeat of Super Shredder. Then I guess we'll be getting 3 or 4 parters in succession that will be released as movies later on DVD such as the spiritual arc, the Usagi Yoji meetup and the second FW crossover. Its good to know that the Nick show will end its last season on a really high note, if this is indeed the very end.

IndigoErth 11-21-2016 08:19 PM

Episodes that run a few parts long will be nice, they could have used more of those all along. Although a little concerned that it sounds like it will be less serialized as a whole. I hope they still tie it all together in some way.

Usagi not until the end? Well then I hope that really isn't the end of the series.

CyberCubed 11-21-2016 09:14 PM

Karai already took over the Foot Clan. She has human Foot Soldiers with her again. This is nothing new.

If Shredder is defeated they won't make robot Foot Soldiers anymore, so Karai has the Foot under her command.