The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Questions/Comments/Suggestions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Suggestion] Should the non-TMNT sections of the forums be closed down? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58483)

Andrew NDB 08-04-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1704720)
Where as I think it'd just be easier to ban people who go out of their way to be dickrinses.

Probably just as easy to add them to an "Ignore" list, I would tend to think.

ProphetofGanja 08-04-2017 01:30 PM

No........

Krutch 08-09-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1704724)
Probably just as easy to add them to an "Ignore" list, I would tend to think.

The ignore feature is worthless on this forum since you still see threads created by the user, it creates ugly breaks within threads where a post from that user would have posted, and since "ignored" users are generally attention seekers, you're almost guaranteed to read every comment they wrote anyway through other people's posts quoting them.

BubblyShell22 08-09-2017 01:24 PM

No, I don't think the GD forums need to be closed permanently as it's nice for some of us to vent about our bad days or talk about good things. I agree about the politics thing, but the best thing to do if you don't want to talk about such subjects is to just not click on those threads and only pay attention to the ones you want to add the discussion to.

CyberCubed 08-10-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1706146)
The ignore feature is worthless on this forum since you still see threads created by the user, it creates ugly breaks within threads where a post from that user would have posted, and since "ignored" users are generally attention seekers, you're almost guaranteed to read every comment they wrote anyway through other people's posts quoting them.

Heh, this reminds me of how Vegita-san said he has like 10-13 members on his ignore list yet for some reason still posts in threads where apparently everyone is blocked to him.

The Deadman 08-10-2017 07:26 AM

If only TMNT talk was the only thing to talk about, it would get pretty boring pretty fast. I don't know why people complain about what others talk about on forums. Maybe some aren't Turtles fans but they're here anyway cause they like interacting with others on different topics.

newfan 08-10-2017 07:46 AM

I've been enjoying reading some of the non TMNT threads today, I'd be up for keeping them.

BubblyShell22 08-10-2017 02:06 PM

Yeah, some of them are pretty amusing at times.

Prowler 08-10-2017 03:15 PM

If this became a TMNT only discussion forum it'd lose a lot of activity. The video game and especially the tv and movies sub-forums are quite active.

If anything, maybe forbidding political and religion discussion should suffice it? I used to think it was silly to disallow those, but after so many threads getting disintegrated I can now see why :lol:

sdp 08-10-2017 05:29 PM

Not only is Cubed correct yet again, but I say he is not going far enough with his post. Clearly this forum is named after "The Technodrome" of the original series. As an official drome t-shirt wearing member I know what I'm talking about.

Clearly many of the users we have now have not only not watched the entire OT but have never even visited thetechnodrome.com and seen this month's POTM! Most only know the forums and not what this site is a tribute to, hint: It's the original cartoon.

I remember when even discussing 2k3 was debated about, so I say we close all non-OT TMNT sections as well and that way all users will be forced to discuss the Fred Wolf cartoon only. We can maybe allow discussion of the original TMNT trilogy and Archie/Mirage comics. Of course we don't need to alienate everyone and any non-OT TMNT discussion can all be held in a single "Other TMNT media" thread where anything post-1999 TMNT related can be talked about.

https://web.archive.org/web/20051215...odrome.com:80/

#dromeshirts #delete #commente43didnothingwrong #whereisbenvenuto

Redeemer 08-11-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1706512)
Not only is Cubed correct yet again, but I say he is not going far enough with his post. Clearly this forum is named after "The Technodrome" of the original series. As an official drome t-shirt wearing member I know what I'm talking about.

Clearly many of the users we have now have not only not watched the entire OT but have never even visited thetechnodrome.com and seen this month's POTM! Most only know the forums and not what this site is a tribute to, hint: It's the original cartoon.

I remember when even discussing 2k3 was debated about, so I say we close all non-OT TMNT sections as well and that way all users will be forced to discuss the Fred Wolf cartoon only. We can maybe allow discussion of the original TMNT trilogy and Archie/Mirage comics. Of course we don't need to alienate everyone and any non-OT TMNT discussion can all be held in a single "Other TMNT media" thread where anything post-1999 TMNT related can be talked about.

https://web.archive.org/web/20051215...odrome.com:80/

#dromeshirts #delete #commente43didnothingwrong #whereisbenvenuto

I think thats a bit too far :lol: I like your enthusiasm though :lol:

Unfortunately TMNT is starting to go into hibernation phase again with the current tv series winding down and the movie franchise pretty much dead. I mostly post in the Non-TMNT section or the Comic section of TMNT. Bc everything else is kind of dead or dying off.

BubblyShell22 08-11-2017 03:00 PM

Well once Rise of the TMNT starts up and we get more news on that, then discussion will come back again.

CyberCubed 08-14-2017 05:16 PM

Well most younger fans discuss TMNT on tumblr or social media. I'm honestly surprised so many people don't know how huge the Nick TMNT fandom is on tumblr. Mostly consisting of teenagers or young girls, but they're there.

Nobody comes to forums anymore.

CyberCubed 08-14-2017 07:16 PM

Tumblr is also filled with plenty of adults. I also don't have a tumblr myself I just use the tags to find TMNT stuff.

Jester 08-14-2017 07:33 PM

Nines...enough. There are better ways to disagree with Cubed than constantly calling him names.

BubblyShell22 08-15-2017 10:16 AM

People come here quite a bit. However, you also have to remember that a lot of us have lives outside of the forums and don't get on some of the time.

The Deadman 08-15-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1707376)
Well most younger fans discuss TMNT on tumblr or social media. I'm honestly surprised so many people don't know how huge the Nick TMNT fandom is on tumblr. Mostly consisting of teenagers or young girls, but they're there.

Nobody comes to forums anymore.

Pls stop

*10 characters*

Splinter the boss 08-16-2017 05:39 AM

Ge rid of the messed up sections, not the entire "non tmnt" section. I haven't watched tmnt in a while, and I still come to this forums, why? Because there are other interesting sections, like the tv and movie section, videogame section etc... It would hurt a lot of people if it got taken down as a whole.

ProactiveMan 08-22-2017 03:15 AM

I dunno man, the PD movie section has caused way more trouble than the GD board in the past. I think the problem is behavior as opposed to topic.

snake 08-22-2017 11:38 AM

Admit it, the PD board was the best thing to happen to the forums. We got an influx of new members as well as a reason to argue with them!