The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Score (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55014)

RaphaelinSTL 01-22-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenutrient (Post 1741131)
So the q&a has passed. I managed to contact the moderator to ask if anything was said about a score release. He said it is in the works!

Whoa! Nice! Any other details or is it just basically a work in progress at the moment?

thenutrient 01-22-2018 01:35 PM

To quote him on my question if an official score was possible: It is in the works but the release is TBA:) (which I guess stands for "to be announced")

I was hoping the event had something to do with an actual release announcement, but this news is very good still. People are working on getting it done. That's pretty amazing since this movie is almost 30 years old.

Imagine Marty Mcfly telling Doc in 1985 he saw a movie when he was stuck in 1955 and Doc responding: "yeah, they just released the score of that film now".

TheSkeletonMan939 01-24-2018 02:24 PM

That's quite exciting! Thanks for sharing that tease. And it is indeed amazing that we're getting it after all these years; we right now are living in the golden age of film score releases. I think things will have wound down a decade from now, so it's nice Du Prez et al. are taking advantage of the wave.

pferreira 01-25-2018 02:19 PM

Lovely. I hope it's all three together. :)

sgtfbomb 01-28-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pferreira (Post 1741925)
Lovely. I hope it's all three together. :)

That'd be amazing! A nice hardcover slipcase, like like LLL's X-Files,FSM's Superman collection or the Indiana Jones soundtrack set. Green perhaps with a sewer lid or a shell imprinted on it.

The great thing about these releases are we usually get alternate/unused cues and with the liner notes, I hope they go all out since John Du Prez's contributions to these films haven't gotten enough attention in my opinion.

Speaking of which, during the Q&A, did he talk about the genesis and creation of the score?

AtzenButze 01-31-2018 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtfbomb (Post 1742328)
That'd be amazing! A nice hardcover slipcase, like like LLL's X-Files,FSM's Superman collection or the Indiana Jones soundtrack set. Green perhaps with a sewer lid or a shell imprinted on it.

The great thing about these releases are we usually get alternate/unused cues and with the liner notes, I hope they go all out since John Du Prez's contributions to these films haven't gotten enough attention in my opinion.

Speaking of which, during the Q&A, did he talk about the genesis and creation of the score?

Ah perfect! So you know it already ^ ^ Yesterday I asked again on Instagram and I was told that a vinyl with the complete score is in progress ^^ Whether it is only part 1 or 1-3 I do not know unfortunately. Still, I can not wait!

RaphaelinSTL 01-31-2018 07:40 AM

Woo! I certainly hope it's MONDO working on the distribution and creation so we can get some really awesome variants and packaging designs.

at478 01-31-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtzenButze (Post 1742891)
Ah perfect! So you know it already ^ ^ Yesterday I asked again on Instagram and I was told that a vinyl with the complete score is in progress ^^ Whether it is only part 1 or 1-3 I do not know unfortunately. Still, I can not wait!

who uses vinyl anymore lol. i cant wait for the score. hope its all 3 movies.

RaphaelinSTL 01-31-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by at478 (Post 1742917)
who uses vinyl anymore lol.

many, many people.

at478 01-31-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1742918)
many, many people.

i dont have a vinyl player

Andrew NDB 01-31-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by at478 (Post 1742917)
who uses vinyl anymore lol.

Millions of hipsters.

Vegita-San 01-31-2018 11:47 AM

I am far from hip on anything.

I just miss the feel of actually handling media. it's all digital now. tired of always using a mouse. I think my hand is permanently in shape of one now

plus, like it or not, records just sound fuller than cds. Even 8 tracks sound great with the right speakers.

TheSkeletonMan939 01-31-2018 01:52 PM

Vinyl sounds "warmer" allegedly than CDs, but of course CD files can be mastered to sound "warm". And the speakers you use have an effect on that as well.
I seriously can't think of any upsides vinyl has over CD. They're big, they self-destruct after a number of plays, they only hold a relatively small number of tracks per side. Nevertheless, amazingly vinyl sales have been pretty good recently. I think it's largely, as Andrew said, hipsters who take it seriously and not more than a novelty.

sgtfbomb 01-31-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1742999)
Vinyl sounds "warmer" allegedly than CDs, but of course CD files can be mastered to sound "warm". And the speakers you use have an effect on that as well.
I seriously can't think of any upsides vinyl has over CD. They're big, they self-destruct after a number of plays, they only hold a relatively small number of tracks per side. Nevertheless, amazingly vinyl sales have been pretty good recently. I think it's largely, as Andrew said, hipsters who take it seriously and not more than a novelty.

I personally rather have the CD. Vinyl's cool and all, but it would just sit there on my shelf and look cool. That doesn't appeal to me.

LLL is the right label for this and they've hinted at it in the past.

Quote:

I just miss the feel of actually handling media. it's all digital now. tired of always using a mouse. I think my hand is permanently in shape of one now
The majority of the limited edition/expanded soundtrack market are physical media and they usually aren't available to purchase on the digital market, though I have noticed a few here and there (like Varese's expanded Gremlins 2 release).

d_osborn 01-31-2018 04:45 PM

It's no different than the print vs digital argument on comics. It's a fun analog medium that sounds great and has a large 12x12 canvas for cool art/design. Some people prefer it, others don't. Listening to vinyl isn't limited to hipsters just as enjoying TMNT isn't limited to drooling basement dwellers.

SUPER JAZZED that the score is rumored for a vinyl release. There will more than likely be a digital FLAC version download included with the vinyl.

pferreira 02-01-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtfbomb (Post 1742328)

Yeah linear notes are always the best. I do hope we get a CD release. I'm not into vinyl records.

RaphaelinSTL 03-09-2018 10:31 AM

Anyone heard any new traction on this? I was almost wondering if Record Store Day might've thrown some news about a vinyl release of the soundtrack, but no dice.

RaphaelinSTL 03-28-2018 07:58 AM

Bumping once again I suppose ...

I was listening to a rip of the 1990 score online and good god is there some good stuff on there. Shredder's theme has to be one of my favorite villain themes of all time.

Hoping we see some movement with a full score release soon!

TheSkeletonMan939 05-05-2018 04:35 PM

Just fyi... a bootleg for the first movie's score has appeared. :twink:

sgtfbomb 05-05-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1758520)
Just fyi... a bootleg for the first movie's score has appeared if you know where to look. :twink:

Nice! I just went to the place I think you are referring to. Man, either they've been injected with adware or they've gone spam crazy.

I'm curious, does it contain any alternates or unused tracks?