The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toys and Collectibles (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Any Star Wars collectors? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42729)

snake 05-15-2013 08:33 PM

Any Star Wars collectors?
 
Does anyone here collect Star Wars figures? It's one of my favorite toy-lines, and I have 200+ figures.
So, does anyone else collect them?

Half Sh3ll Hero 05-15-2013 08:40 PM

Yeah bro! I have the 86' Kenner Obi Wan, Tatooine Short Robe Luke and Ceremonial Gear luke.

I also have a MIB Boba Fett error card from the Clone Wars run.

snake 05-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Half Sh3ll Hero (Post 1098949)
Yeah bro! I have the 86' Kenner Obi Wan, Tatooine Short Robe Luke and Ceremonial Gear luke.

I also have a MIB Boba Fett error card from the Clone Wars run.

Nice! Anything else?

Shreddhead 05-15-2013 08:43 PM

Dude, I am a HUUUUUGE Star Wars collector. I've got a 200+ collection too and it is probably my favorite toy line of all. TMNT is close, but I had waaaay more SW toys as a kid. Most of my figures are from the power of the force lines from the 90s but I also have a lot of vintage and episode I figures, some episode II figs, and 0 from Episode III. Plus TONS of vehicles, back in high school I had them hanging from the ceiling with fishing line to make them seem like they were flying around- it looked awesome! Maybe I can find a pic. If I had to pick my all time favorite figure and vehicle, they would probably be the 300th edition Boba Fett and the At-At walker. That was one of my favorite birthdays the year I got that walker...

Sorry about not having any pics, but my collection is currently stored in my parents' basement.

snake 05-15-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1098953)
Dude, I am a HUUUUUGE Star Wars collector. I've got a 200+ collection too and it is probably my favorite toy line of all. TMNT is close, but I had waaaay more SW toys as a kid. Most of my figures are from the power of the force lines from the 90s but I also have a lot of vintage and episode I figures, some episode II figs, and 0 from Episode III. Plus TONS of vehicles, back in high school I had them hanging from the ceiling with fishing line to make them seem like they were flying around- it looked awesome! Maybe I can find a pic. If I had to pick my all time favorite figure and vehicle, they would probably be the 300th edition Boba Fett and the At-At walker. That was one of my favorite birthdays the year I got that walker...

Sorry about not having any pics, but my collection is currently stored in my parents' basement.

Cool! I too, have tons of POTF, I also like the modern vintage line.

Shreddhead 05-15-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1098957)
Cool! I too, have tons of POTF, I also like the modern vintage line.

I dont have any of the modern vintage line. I've seen them and they look great, I just dont have the cash to spend on figures lately.

Can you narrow down any favorites?

snake 05-15-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1098960)
I dont have any of the modern vintage line. I've seen them and they look great, I just dont have the cash to spend on figures lately.

Can you narrow down any favorites?

Sure, wave 1 C3-P0, Clone Trooper Lieutenant, and Darth Malgus are my personal favorites.

Peanut 05-15-2013 09:16 PM

I have piles of Star Wars stuff in my basement. I got out around 2004-05, when I could no longer justify spending money on toys. I've probably got a few hundred figures sitting in boxes and tons of vehicles/playsets/collectible junk. My favourites were the CN Clone Wars figures they put out that seemed impossible to find. Mace Windu in particular was bad f*cking ass.

snake 05-15-2013 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 1098986)
I have piles of Star Wars stuff in my basement. I got out around 2004-05, when I could no longer justify spending money on toys. I've probably got a few hundred figures sitting in boxes and tons of vehicles/playsets/collectible junk. My favourites were the CN Clone Wars figures they put out that seemed impossible to find. Mace Windu in particular was bad f*cking ass.

Is this the one?

Shreddhead 05-15-2013 09:24 PM

Wow, I never saw any of those cn figures. Pretty sweet!

Roseangelo 05-15-2013 09:53 PM

I went crazy collecting the action figures through Revenge of the Sith and a little beyond that. Then all the figures started looking the same and it was just too much for me. I would actually like to sell these, but at the same time am too lazy to do it in such a way to make it worth the effort. And I don't think these are worth a whole lot anyways.

In the last few years the only figures I've bought are a handful of the vintage-style figures of my favorite characters (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Padme).

I also have a bunch of the 1/6 scale figures from Sideshow and some of the mini busts from Gentle Giant. Again, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, plus other Jedi characters and a few others. I thought I was done with these until they recently released a 1/6 scale Episode I Obi-Wan (now I have 5 Obi-Wans - Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and Clone Wars).

And even though it is HUGE and I have absolutely no where to display it, I got the recent Obi-Wan Mythos statue from Sideshow because it is just too amazing. I had a bunch of rewards points saved from buying all those 1/6 scale figures, which paid for more than half of it.

In general my Star Wars collecting days are over, but I'm still a sucker for quality Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon items.

Peanut 05-15-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1098987)
Is this the one?

That's the one. The General Grevious from that line was also really great.

Brodie 05-16-2013 08:49 AM

I have the Rex and Grievious from that CN line. It was like they only sold it at Targets around here.

Ninjinister 05-17-2013 11:52 PM

I only normally pick 'em up for customs, but I do have a Darth Vader that I got as a random Christmas present that I use for as a SoulCalibur figure. I pick up them on occasion for my dad. He really likes them, and once in a while I find a good deal on the harder to find stuff like R2-KT.

Half Sh3ll Hero 05-20-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1098952)
Nice! Anything else?

Uh yeah I'm also an avid stunt saber duelist.

I have a Master Replicas Darth Vader ESB lightsabers and a few custom sabers.

snake 05-20-2013 05:45 PM

^^^^
Cool!

Weirdo-Warrior 05-21-2013 02:26 PM

I have the complete collection of vintage figures, including Blue Snaggletooth, plus all the creatures (Rancor, Taun-Taun, Patrol Dewback and Jabba), plus the Landspeeder in Italian box and a few other things. You can see them in my collection thread.

Rockvoanjd 05-21-2013 03:45 PM

My good friend had me collecting a bit, all vintage. My 2 favorite was my 12 back Vader and Double Telescoping Luke, but traded awhile back for other stuff
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../photo-119.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../photo-115.jpg

snake 05-21-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockvoanjd (Post 1101120)
My good friend had me collecting a bit, all vintage. My 2 favorite was my 12 back Vader and Double Telescoping Luke, but traded awhile back for other stuff
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../photo-119.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../photo-115.jpg

Those are pretty cool! Very valuable!

Shreddhead 05-31-2013 03:34 PM

Any body have any Grand Moff Tarkin figures? It is Peter Cushing's 100th birthday today.

snake 05-31-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1105378)
Any body have any Grand Moff Tarkin figures? It is Peter Cushing's 100th birthday today.

Me! I have an old POF2 one.

Weirdo-Warrior 05-31-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1105378)
Any body have any Grand Moff Tarkin figures? It is Peter Cushing's 100th birthday today.

Happy birthday to the late Peter Cushing! One of my favourite British actors of all times, together with Christopher Lee, of course :twink:

Was any Grand Moff Tarkin action figure ever produced? Not in the vintage line for sure, what a pity!

snake 05-31-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1101207)
Those are pretty cool! Very valuable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdo-Warrior (Post 1105419)
Happy birthday to the late Peter Cushing! One of my favourite British actors of all times, together with Christopher Lee, of course :twink:

Was any Grand Moff Tarkin action figure ever produced? Not in the vintage line for sure, what a pity!

Lots actually, but never in the original vintage line. Someone did a really cool custom though.

Shreddhead 05-31-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdo-Warrior (Post 1105419)
Happy birthday to the late Peter Cushing! One of my favourite British actors of all times, together with Christopher Lee, of course :twink:

Was any Grand Moff Tarkin action figure ever produced? Not in the vintage line for sure, what a pity!

Ditto, him and Lee are just so badass! I remember the first time I saw Horror of Dracula, with Lee as Dracula and Cushing as Van Helsing, blew me away and is still my favorite dracula movie to this day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1105417)
Me! I have an old POF2 one.

Awesome! he is one of the few original characters that I never got a figure of, or really ever even saw a figure of back in the stores way back when. Though I wish I did have one, he's just about the only person in the galaxy (without force powers) that can be like "Stfu Vader, we got real work to do..." without getting force choked lol. Did the pof2 line make him look super buff like alot of the other characters?

snake 05-31-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1105446)
Ditto, him and Lee are just so badass! I remember the first time I saw Horror of Dracula, with Lee as Dracula and Cushing as Van Helsing, blew me away and is still my favorite dracula movie to this day.



Awesome! he is one of the few original characters that I never got a figure of, or really ever even saw a figure of back in the stores way back when. Though I wish I did have one, he's just about the only person in the galaxy (without force powers) that can be like "Stfu Vader, we got real work to do..." without getting force choked lol. Did the pof2 line make him look super buff like alot of the other characters?

Not really, his pretty realistically proportioned, unlike that Luke figure :teek:

Shreddhead 05-31-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1105449)
Not really, his pretty realistically proportioned, unlike that Luke figure :teek:

exactly the figure I was imagining haha!

snake 05-31-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1105452)
exactly the figure I was imagining haha!

Or Monkey face leia, just as scary!

Weirdo-Warrior 05-31-2013 06:35 PM

Got any pics of these Tarkin figures? I'd be curious to check them out.

Shreddhead 05-31-2013 06:37 PM

Here's one I found:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Star-Wars-4-G...VtLw!~~_35.JPG

snake 05-31-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdo-Warrior (Post 1105503)
Got any pics of these Tarkin figures? I'd be curious to check them out.

There's a lot more, but this is the POTF2 one
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Impe.../dp/B0006FUEEQ
Wait, Shreddhead beat me to it :p

Turtle Freak88 06-03-2013 02:31 AM

I collect anything and everything Darth Maul!!!

snake 06-03-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle Freak88 (Post 1106488)
I collect anything and everything Darth Maul!!!

Even the giant statue that was signed by George?

Turtle Freak88 06-05-2013 12:06 AM

Sadly No! Would be awesome though!

snake 06-05-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle Freak88 (Post 1107414)
Sadly No! Would be awesome though!

I know...you could've won it from this contest held on StarWars.com

Zulithe 06-06-2013 01:36 AM

I'm not a big SW follower anymore but I am going to be collecting the 6" Black series of figures. They look great.

Shreddhead 06-06-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1107809)
I'm not a big SW follower anymore but I am going to be collecting the 6" Black series of figures. They look great.

I havent followed any new SW toys for years now so im definitely not up to date. Can anyone post a link or pick of these "Black" figures?

snake 06-11-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1107876)
I havent followed any new SW toys for years now so im definitely not up to date. Can anyone post a link or pick of these "Black" figures?

There's a lot to look up. But here's two links.
http://nerdapproved.com/approved-pro...free-shipping/
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...umber=HSA4301A

psychturtle 06-11-2013 11:18 AM

I love Star wars. Especially the micro fleet! Man I had a lot of Star wars back in the day. To be honest, I'm selling all of it on ebay right now as I decided to focus my collection on TMNT and other lines.

I'd love for someone here to get them as I want it all to go to a good home.

I have an AT-AT, vintage ewoks, the Falcon, among many other things.

It's all in pretty good condition.

http://media-cache-ec4.pinimg.com/73...4104dbb514.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...09af52b785.jpg

http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/73...61ee334186.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...f3515ef788.jpg

http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/73...7d5da219e5.jpg

http://media-cache-ak2.pinimg.com/73...da4259dcdc.jpg

http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/73...40533e9623.jpg

snake 06-11-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstpsy (Post 1110052)
Man I had a lot of Star wars back in the day. to be honest, I'm selling all of it on ebay right now as I decided to focus my collection on TMNT and other lines.

I'd love for someone here to get them as I want it all to go to a good home.

I have an AT-AT, vintage ewoks, the Falcon, among many other things.

It's all in pretty good condition.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HUGE-Star-War...b4!~~60_57.JPG

Hmmm, not to many good figs in there. So it depends on what your selling it for. ( 20/30$ is a steal, but any more en 35$ isnt worth it.

psychturtle 06-11-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1110057)
Hmmm, not to many good figs in there. So it depends on what your selling it for. ( 20/30$ is a steal, but any more en 35$ isnt worth it.

yeah there's not a ton of rare figures there. Just a general amalgamation of my childhood star wars days lol


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.