The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT: The IDW Collection Hardcover on the way! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=47068)

John Pannozzi 04-19-2014 09:51 AM

TMNT: The IDW Collection Hardcover on the way!

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...idw+publishing

Quote:

IDW's relaunch of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been a hit with fans and critics alike. Now, collect the series in all-new oversized hardcovers that present the stories in recommended reading order. Collects the first 12 issues of the new ongoing series, plus the Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, and Splinter Micro-Series one-shots spliced in-between.
Pretty cool. I hope it also includes the shorts from Hero Comics 2012 and the 30th Anniversary Special, and possibly the TMNT Infestation issues.

CyberCubed 04-19-2014 09:56 AM

So they're already re-releasing the trades in better collections? I'm not double dipping but cool for new readers.

Redrumh2o 04-19-2014 10:31 AM

Take my $$!!!!

Tazi 04-19-2014 01:23 PM

Wow, that's actually the same price as if you buy the first 3 TPB, but hardcover which is definitely better.

Wait, so it even has 5 of the hero micros? :o

Due to digital TMNT comics being region locked to my country, I think this hardcover stuff will be the best option to collect at least the first arcs of IDW legally.

coreyrc87 04-19-2014 03:37 PM

Wow, that's awesome. Really cool that they're apparently putting the Micros in between the issues, in proper reading order.

DrSpengler 04-19-2014 04:01 PM

Nice. I might pick it up down the line even though I have the individual issues.

funatic 04-19-2014 04:24 PM

FINALLY! I've been avoiding the small trades for so long in hopes of something like this coming out. I have the singles but I think IDW really gains notoriety when you're reading the arcs all together. Plus HC bonus pts.

Joey Kamikaze 04-19-2014 05:11 PM

These are the ones I was waiting for. I have every issue of the singles bagged in chronological order for re-reads, and that's how I wanted them collected. Only thing that would make it better would be if the Infestation issues snuck in there too, but they're not vital.

So I'm guessing volume two will be #13-20, with Casey, April, Fugitoid, Krang & Baxter mixed in, plus Secret History of the Foot. That would be 17 issues as well.

Redeemer 04-19-2014 05:17 PM

Wow bad ass, amazing price point as well. 17 issues for $35 !!!:o
that about $2 an issue :o

AquaParade 04-19-2014 06:01 PM

Finally! Yes. So stoked.

Ordering now. I'll be looking forward to future volumes and may even purchase doubles because I'm a a nutcase when it comes to keeping hardcover's pristine.

...Wait, it is oversized right?

CyberCubed 04-19-2014 06:06 PM

I wonder why the Infestation 2-parter is never included in stuff like this. Its never been referenced in the main series either, almost as if its non-canonical.

It's really odd, because it was a fun filler story with the Turtles fighting monsters/demons which is totally different than all the other stuff in IDW.

Redeemer 04-19-2014 06:11 PM

Anyone else notice that this comes out a little over a month after the movie???
I wonder if this is targeted for the movie audiences???

Cipher 04-19-2014 06:15 PM

Oh. Seriously debating swapping out my trades for this, but I don't know if I'm ready to double dip on IDW's series yet.

The hardcovers are definitely going to take up less space and last longer though.

CyberCubed 04-19-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher (Post 1251772)
Oh. Seriously debating swapping out my trades for this, but I don't know if I'm ready to double dip on IDW's series yet.

The hardcovers are definitely going to take up less space and last longer though.

This is exactly why I didn't pick up any Archie trades yet. Man, I knew they would do this. I fully expect to see bigger Mirage trades soon too.

Cipher 04-19-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1251774)
This is exactly why I didn't pick up any Archie trades yet. Man, I knew they would do this. I fully expect to see bigger Mirage trades soon too.

Actually, with Mirage I wish they would do some smaller trades. I wish there were stand-alone "Return to New York," "City at War," etc. TPBs to point new readers toward. The Ultimate Collections require quite a bit of buy-in.

Redeemer 04-19-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1251774)

I hope they do something like this for the Archie series bc the first Archie TPB I saw was bad, if I had to describe the quality dog **** comes to mind :ohwell:
as for Mirage I am happy with the ultimate trades, I just wish they went in order completely.

AquaParade 04-20-2014 10:27 AM

Anyone else already preorder a copy?

Cipher 04-20-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1251906)
Anyone else already preorder a copy?

I went ahead and did it. I may cancel, but there's little reason not to with Amazon. If I do still want it by the time it comes out, at least I'll hit the lowest price that way.

GeneralTragg 04-20-2014 11:25 AM

Now I have to list my trades on ebay... worth it though...

AquaParade 04-20-2014 12:14 PM

I may even shed off some single issues now that these are coming out. I'll probably keep the first five issues and any other's that remain extra special to me.