The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Shredder And Lord Norinaga (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33096)

Ninja Turtles 25 Years 02-22-2011 11:48 PM

Shredder And Lord Norinaga

Do you think that there's a slight possibility that Lord Norinaga (TMNT III) could be the ancestor of Shredder considering the things they have in common? I mean they both are well-skill Japanese warlords, they are both evil, and they both have ties to the TMNT.

Powder 02-22-2011 11:59 PM

I don't know if it was intended to be that way, though I assume not considering they would've said so, or implied it. They should've.

Kendamu 02-23-2011 01:09 AM

If they went as far as to say, "Oh, this is Casey's ancestor," then they would've gone as far as to link Saki and Norinaga if there was a link there.

Leonardo87 02-23-2011 11:54 AM

If there was a connection; I would mostly call it as Tatsu's ancestor. Who knows, TMNT III didn't really tell us much of anything.

shuriken 02-23-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles 25 Years (Post 823781)
Do you think that there's a slight possibility that Lord Norinaga (TMNT III) could be the ancestor of Shredder considering the things they have in common? I mean they both are well-skill Japanese warlords, they are both evil, and they both have ties to the TMNT.

Might as well make Noringa Saki's ancestor. They already had Whit and Casey and the rat and Splinter.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 02-23-2011 03:13 PM

I've always assumed that Norinaga was an ancestor of Saki's, and Yoshi (the boy) an ancestor of Yoshi's... :tlol:

chad 02-23-2011 04:08 PM

I find it very unlikey that Shredder and Norinaga would be related

Ninja Turtles 25 Years 02-23-2011 06:28 PM

It could be a hidden connection that wasn't directly revealed about any past connections. I mean why would they make TMNT III take place in Feudal Japan of all places, considering that Shredder and Tatsu are both Japanese? So it's either a connection or a coincidence. Now Whit and Casey I do some how believe they are related and I think that is just on them both being portayed by the same actor.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 02-23-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles 25 Years (Post 823981)
Now Whit and Casey I do some how believe they are related and I think that is just on them both being portayed by the same actor.

That's the thing, though...one would EXPECT them to run into an ancestor of Saki or Yoshi in ancient Japan; so the fact that they run into a guy who looks like Casey is ironic.

Galactus 02-23-2011 08:26 PM

I never really thought of Norinaga as well-skilled. Certainly not an par with TMNT 1 Shredder. Now if we're talking about Secret of The Ooze Shredder then they probably are similar in many respects, not just in level skill but personality. There's zero in movie to indicate any connection though.

I've always thought that TMNT 3 would be a whole lot better if the Daimyo was the main enemy and either stated to be or stongly hinted to be Saki's ancestor..oh and obviously not played for laughs. I could imagine the climax of the movie of the turtles facing off against fully armored Daimyo in a similar manner as the rooftop battle with Shredder in the first movie.

It would've also added more weight to the whole scroll thing with the turtles being an enemy throught the Oroku bloodline. Walker could still play a part in a Tatsu or Hun-esque role.

Jester 02-23-2011 10:00 PM

Anyone else think that Legend of Koji is an apology to fans for TMNT III?
Here's a time travel story with Shredder as the villian, that has broader implications on the Turtles and Splinter as well.

Galactus 02-23-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 824064)
Anyone else think that Legend of Koji is an apology to fans for TMNT III?
Here's a time travel story with Shredder as the villian, that has broader implications on the Turtles and Splinter as well.

Both the movie and the season that had Legend of Koji were in 1993, right? I'm unsure how long it took them to make an episode of the old show but they did have a fairly big lead in with tacking the european vacation episodes at the beginning of the season so it's possible if not likely.

It's more possible he heard the premise for the movie and decided to do his own story. I'd like to think he read Mike Dooney's Masks which was released a year earlier and decided to apapt it for the cartoon. Dave Wise did use comic elements at times and in my opinion Legend of Koji has more in common with Masks than the movie.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 02-24-2011 08:09 AM

I thought the trilogy from the 2K3 cartoon in which the turtles went into the virtual reality chambers was the apology for TMNT III (Feudal Shredder).

Fugitoid Jones 02-24-2011 11:25 AM

It's possible that Norinaga and Shredder are related, cause if Donatello swallows a frog and says "I hope it wasn't an ancestor", then anything is possible. Cause as we all know, frogs are the ancestors of Turtles. (with the way those suits looked, one would think so)

NYShell 01-27-2017 08:42 AM

I just watched the scene where Lord Norinaga appears before April and Walker and the everyone else. The scene where the guards use their swords and smash April's cassette player. Answering this question that was asked a while back, I think there are some connections that prove he's Shredder'so ancestor. One already stated, the same actor portraying him. But the thing that really tells me he is Shredder's ancestor is the use of a variation of the Shredder's Suite score playing when he walks out with the Scepter. I don't think it's coincidence.

Jephael 01-27-2017 11:28 AM

Be funny if Niles turned out to be the ancestor of Chief Sterns.

Jester 01-27-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYShell (Post 1656052)
I just watched the scene where Lord Norinaga appears before April and Walker and the everyone else. The scene where the guards use their swords and smash April's cassette player. Answering this question that was asked a while back, I think there are some connections that prove he's Shredder'so ancestor. One already stated, the same actor portraying him. But the thing that really tells me he is Shredder's ancestor is the use of a variation of the Shredder's Suite score playing when he walks out with the Scepter. I don't think it's coincidence.

But Norinaga and Saki are different actors. The musical queue though...that's cool. I'll have to rewatch TMNT 3 to see that.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 01-27-2017 05:01 PM

Being bad guys and girls has not with being ancesotrs to do.

MsMarvelDuckie 01-27-2017 05:29 PM

I doubt Norinaga was, but little Yoshi and Mitsu might have been related to Hamato Yoshi. Raph even gives him similar advice to what Splinter gave him. And then there's the scroll....

NYShell 01-27-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1656098)
But Norinaga and Saki are different actors. The musical queue though...that's cool. I'll have to rewatch TMNT 3 to see that.

Oh, I thought they were the same actors. At least the Shredder from SOTO. But yeah, check that scene out. The drum is the same exact rhythm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1656150)
I doubt Norinaga was, but little Yoshi and Mitsu might have been related to Hamato Yoshi. Raph even gives him similar advice to what Splinter gave him. And then there's the scroll....

Maybe... hmmm.