The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How excited are you for Rise of the TMNT (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59713)

LeotheLateBloomer 03-14-2018 12:59 PM

How excited are you for Rise of the TMNT

What is your level of excitement for the upcoming cartoon?

While I'm not too crazy about the designs, I admit that I warmed up to some of them. I like that they're going for something that's never been done before (as far as I know). Especially the different species aspect. I normally don't like the "multiple dimensions" excuse because my stance on the PD films still stands that it has to work and be interesting. My only concerns are with the "lighter and more comedic" tone (due to modern cartoons' comedy), the 11-minute length of episodes, and how they'll handle Leo in the beginning.

I'm cautiously optimistic at best. It's more of a just wait and see feeling.

plastroncafe 03-14-2018 01:14 PM

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being dread and 10 being over the moon, I'd say I'm maybe a 6 or a 7.

I'm not chomping at the bit, but I am very curious to see what all the negative fuss is about.

neatoman 03-14-2018 01:35 PM

I think you could just go and read the countless other threads about this show.

Regardless, I don't expect much. There's really only two things I expect, that we get more than twelve episodes before a mid-season hiatus, and that there isn't more than one or two mid-season hiatuses. Those are the two problems I believe they're actively trying to fix from the previous show. Beyond that I don't really care what they'll do, from what I get it's just intended to be another merch-driven show with quality being a secondary priority. I'll watch it if turns out to be entertaining or have nothing else to spend my time on, otherwise I'm just going to drop it. It'll probably only last a few seasons anyway, then they'll move on to the next version, it's just how these things go.

I don't need a glorified toy commercial to get my TMNT fix. IDW is still printing new material, as well as re-printing stuff I haven't read before. There's just no reason to care about this show when a re-print of the Image series is coming out. Maybe it would be a different story if it was the ONLY new TMNT thing coming out but that's not the case.

PApagreg 03-14-2018 01:47 PM

I'm not so much as excited but curious, admittedly I don't like a lot of stuff from the information that was given to us but I'm at least going to give it a try

FredWolfLeonardo 03-14-2018 02:02 PM

I'm very excited to be honest.

IndigoErth 03-14-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer (Post 1751477)
What is your level of excitement for the upcoming cartoon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1751481)
1 being dread and 10 being over the moon

Designs: 5 - not loving, not hating
The magic/underworld city theme: 5
April: 6
Splinter: 2
Species variation: 4
Weapon changes: 5 - spared some by Leo still at least wielding a sword of some design. (But odachi my ass, looks a little more European or something else.)
Role change: 2; 4 if temporary.
Changes to who Leo is as a person: -1 (or lower... but don't want to look like a "whiner" that will just get bitched at for daring to not like or accept a thing)

All over I'll give the excitement level right now a 4.

Glaring at the makers, but still watching and waiting to see what happens...

CyberCubed 03-14-2018 02:29 PM

At this point it's budding curiosity. I just want to see a trailer or the first episode just to get the "feel" of the show and see what it's like. I'm not keen on the changes they made so far but who knows, the show might surprise us and turn out really good.

It's too early to say.

Powder 03-14-2018 03:13 PM

Doesn't this exact thread exist already?

Shark_Blade 03-14-2018 04:59 PM

A 2/10 at the moment.

Papenbrook 03-14-2018 06:39 PM

I'm somewhat optimistic.

I'm hoping that this show doesn't fail.

newfan 03-15-2018 09:13 AM

Feeling actual excitement? not really, i'm curious and interested to see what they do though.

shihe 03-15-2018 06:38 PM

I'm dangerously optimistic and excited for this show.

Maybe it's the return to 2D animation, or maybe it's all the little twists the show will have, but I'm 9/10 excited.

I find the comics a bit expensive (for me to be able to get them all) so cartoons and movies (and the ocassional game) are my main source of Turtles fix.

I'm not crazy about the designs, but they'll grow on me. (Especially after the train wreck that was the Bay Turtles movies which was rock bottom for me).

Xiewin 03-15-2018 07:09 PM

5 for now.
I used to be excited, but not as much as before.
11 minutes? Leo not the oldest? Making Raphael "start out" as the leader for no particular reason? yeah just no.

TMNTmousers 03-15-2018 11:11 PM

0 out of 10:roll::roll:. Would prefer the 2012 series be continuing.

Wildcat 03-16-2018 12:21 AM

Probably 8. Maybe I’ll feel different after seeing a trailer or preview. I think it looks fun. I like the colorful and cartoonish tone.

11 minutes does not bother me at all. There’s some really good cartoons with that format.

The super hiatuses were a huge problem. It didn’t just happen with the turtles either. I have no idea what the logical is behind that garbage.

Those in charge of scheduling...STOP! IT HURTS YOUR SHOWS. THERE IS NO NEED TO WAIT MONTHS ON END BETWEEN EPISODES.

Leonardo_thebest 03-16-2018 05:58 AM

If it looked more like PApagreg's signature, I would be.
That's slick man.

This would have been great.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-16-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat (Post 1751744)
The super hiatuses were a huge problem

During the early episodes, there are usually less breaks as the producers test how well the series work.

Coola Yagami 03-16-2018 08:49 AM

Curious yes, excited, no. Don't forget this is gonna be even lighter and more childish in tone than the 2012 series divided into 11 minute episodes. Most of you are gearing up for the next big epic saga where there won't be.

Even the figures look like crap. I wonder where I'll even get them if they were cool once Toys R Us is 100% gone.

Powder 03-16-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1751758)
Most of you are gearing up for the next big epic saga where there won't be.

Based on what? Haven't seen even one person give that impression.

TheBlueTurtle1 03-16-2018 10:47 AM

Willing to give it a chance, that's about it.